Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If 500£ +/- is your budget, i'd probably look at something like this. You'll need a monitor etc, but this should run any game you throw at it at good graphics settings, and with the overclocking offered, it'd also last you for a while.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting from scratch. There's a store near by that I'll probably be buying my screen from, though I am looking for something I link my PC and Xbox360 too, not at the same time of course.

Budget wise I'm looking at 500ish though I see I am going to have to go over that most likely, so 600-700 would be my top end budget. (Pc only, don't expect to get a screen included in that budget)

---------- Post added 2011-03-10 at 05:43 PM ----------

Oooo, That Striker is looking good and I'm able to get a copy of W7 for like £35 so that brings the price down a little, as they don't offer it with an OS. So yeah something along the Strikers line would be great if any one else can show some more options.

If you'd like to keep it at around 500, then you should look into the one i linked in my previous post. It's still got what'd be classified as a low--mid range gfx card, but it is by no means a bad one. If you want some more info on that you should look after, you can check out this picture http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/...uide/Guide.png. The prices are listed in USD, and with the current currency, you'd be looking at an 800 to 950 price range. The prices are also bases on US prices, but look at the reccommendations and see what you can build that matches your budget. Personally though, i'd try to find a reasonably priced sandy bridge build (i5-2500K is more or less the best bang-for-the-buck if you have just a basic knowledge about overclocking, or willing to spend the 10 minutes it takes to learn how to OC an SB cpu)
    This computer is hitting your absolute top, but it'll eat anything you toss at it: http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gaming...roductId=43843
    Ofcourse, if the only game you play is WoW and you don't care about full HD resolution and high/ultra graphics, then i'd go with the first one i listed. After all, buying a computer is about finding what suits your needs, not what other people tell you to buy "because it's good"

If you are able to build the computer yourself (it's really not that hard. There's even youtube videos that'll teach a 7-year old kid to do it, and it'll usually save you some money) i'd consider an i5 (2300-2500K, depending on how much you want to spend), a GFX card that ends with 60, 70 or 90, a P67 motherboard, 4 GB of RAM and a hard drive that would fit your needs. A 320 GB is enough if you don't store tons of music and HD movies.
    Last edited by Mestofiles; 2011-03-10 at 06:01 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I saw the Pulse looks interesting, but the striker seems to be ticking all the right boxes so far. Thanks for your help guys given me a bit more insight in what to look out for Any other suggestions are more than welcome I'll be checking by, just need to look for good screen now xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tyddraig View Post
    Yeah I saw the Pulse looks interesting, but the striker seems to be ticking all the right boxes so far. Thanks for your help guys given me a bit more insight in what to look out for Any other suggestions are more than welcome I'll be checking by, just need to look for good screen now xD
    That Pulse build is obviously better, but if you are on a tight budget and don't expect to play all your games maxed out on super high res, then that striker build will suit your needs just fine. You won't be able to upgrade that dual core CPU, and those are really the only two cons of that build. With most current games, you won't really notice a difference with more than 2 cores, but if you do more than just gaming at the same time, then it might be a good idea to invest into that i5 2500k quad core. Too bad there aren't any i3 2100 builds on that site, because that would probably be the best for your budget.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I've had a look at building my own came up with the following, Still need to pick a case and a power supply (unsure on what ill need)

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail
    1x
    ASUS P8P67 Intel P67 (REV B3) Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
    1x
    2GB Mushkin Silverline #991768 (1x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz 9-9-9-24
    2x
    Asus GeForce GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    1x
    500GB Seagate Barracuda ST3500418AS 3.5" SATA II Hard Drive - 3yr Warranty
    1x

Anything else that I'm missing? and obviously is this even a good setup?

2GB of RAM is very low for today's standards, especially for gaming. 4GB is the minimum recommended. 500GB hard drive is also not that big, you'll eat that up with a couple of games and movies, but I guess it depends on what kind of user you are. You should consider investing a few extra $$ for a 1TB drive, double storage space and usually 10-20% more expensive than a 500GB drive. Also, WD caviar black or Samsung spinpoint F3 are recommended for best performance.

As far as the PSU goes, there are a lot of choices out there, but I would recommend an Antec Truepower 550W or a Corsair TX 650, both of which would give you room for future upgrades as well as overclocking. Seasonic is also a good brand, but also probably a lot more expensive in the UK.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    Neither of those computers really has a good video card. If the choice is between those two, get the top one and upgrade the video card to at the very least a GTX460. A GTX560 would be ideal.
    dont you get that a gtx 560 is actually pretty high end? like, a 5770 is fine for WoW, actually - MORE than fine.

Don't worry about it, a 5750 will be more than good for WoW.

---------- Post added 2011-03-11 at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tyddraig View Post
    Okay I've had a look at building my own came up with the following, Still need to pick a case and a power supply (unsure on what ill need)

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail
    1x
    ASUS P8P67 Intel P67 (REV B3) Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
    1x
    2GB Mushkin Silverline #991768 (1x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz 9-9-9-24
    2x
    Asus GeForce GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    1x
    500GB Seagate Barracuda ST3500418AS 3.5" SATA II Hard Drive - 3yr Warranty
    1x

Anything else that I'm missing? and obviously is this even a good setup?
    this is not even close to 750$. more like 1100$...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well first off there's 2x 2GB of ram and secondly for those parts listed it comes up to £570 something, Obviously I still need to price in case, PSU and cd drive but that shouldn't take me too far over £600.

Thanks for tips and suggestions guys I'm quite looking forward to getting this done.

Edited guestimated pirce
    Last edited by Tyddraig; 2011-03-12 at 02:20 PM.