feral trinket pvp - need some help

Hey guys soon ill be getting my 5th and final piece of vicous coreset piece and moving onto the offfset pieces. My concerns are wanting to do more burst dps / hitting targets harder and I have a few ideas about wut trinkets would help. I've been thinking about geting the pvp trinket agility one u self proc and use it when i pop beserk for more burst. I was also thinking about possibly using a pve trinket aswell........I was thinking about using fluid death valor point trinket cuz the nearly constant 380 agility would be a nice ap bonus and crit ntm the 300 something hit rating would mean I could probally switch most of my bloodthirsties hr offset pieces to crit or haste....I was also wondering about maybe using the unheaded boe trinket from b.o.t. that increases weapon damage on chance to proc and pure agi all the time

Any thoughts?
    Pvp agi = proc agi with beserk, and the resillience
    Fluid death = less need for hr gear
    Unhead boe = possibly hard hiting trinket? If u can time beserk with it I couldn't imagine the damage.

So wutcha guys think would b best?
    Last edited by druidonroids; 2011-03-09 at 03:16 PM.

I can't recommend going for a PvE trinket simply because 340 resilience is quite a bit and ferals are too good of a target in PvP. Macroing Berserker and the On Use agility is a ton of burst.

However, Unheeded is a very good trinket and you can probably get away with it in 2s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrey View Post
    ferals are too good of a target in PvP.
    wait what?

10+ Year Old Account
    What current trinket do you have?
    What are we talking here? Arena or battlegrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by hippaw View Post
    wait what?
    Poor passive healing + poor damage mitigation. Ferals go down easy if you train them hard enough, don't see why you wouldn't get all the resilience you can get.

wait what?
    Yep, at high level arena Feral is usually, if not always, top target.

Also, the top 3v3 Ferals in the world either run with Unheeded Warning or Fluid Death and sit around 3.1k - 3.3k resilience. Obviously with PvP trinket as the second trinket.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/59520 or http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/58181

If you can't get access to these, and I wouldn't be suprised if you couldn't.. then the on-use Trinket is probably best after that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quoting myself, easier than typing it all over:

3.5 Trinkets.

There are quite a lot of trinkets for Feral Druids. And again, for every role there are other better trinkets available. I left out the HC raid ones for now. Also note that for every “vicious” item I link, there’s a “bloodthirsty” version (for honor only) available as well.

Arena. (any bracket, any setup)
    Vicious Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity (340 Resilience). Standard PvP Trinket.

1v1, BG, World PvP.
    Vicious Gladiator's Medallion of Cruelty (340 Crit Rating). Standard PvP trinket again but in this case it’s the Crit Rating version. The Resilience one will do fine as well but in my opinion you don’t really need the extra resilience in 1v1, BG and World PvP. Can work in a 2 DPS comp in 2v2 as well.
    Either one of these is what you should always use. Next to these trinkets, you’ll have a few viable options:

2v2 (any setup), BG, World PvP.
    Vicious Gladiator's Insignia of Conquest. I don’t like the RNG proc, but it has a pretty nice uptime of 33% with a 15% proc chance and a 1 minute ICD. It’s comparable to roughly ~304 Agility.

Vicious Gladiator's Emblem of Tenacity. Could be a real lifesaver. Decent trinket but I wouldn’t take this trinket over the Insignia of Conquest.

Vicious Gladiator's Badge of Conquest. On use Agility instead of a proc, and although the Agility gain is a lot higher, the uptime won’t be. Your uptime with this trinket if you use it every single CD will be ~16,7% max and you won’t even ever reach that.
    On the other hand, you can control your burst better with this trinket. Using this in combination with Berserk can be a real killer.

Unsolvable Riddle. Same story as the Badge of Conquest, this trinket is mostly good for burst. Overall, you’ll gain less from it than the other abovementioned trinkets but the big amount of passive Mastery makes it a very nice trinket. I’d rather take this one than any of the abovementioned trinkets.

Darkmoon Card: Hurricane. Quite expensive, but really nice. Arguably the best trinket we’ve discussed so far. If you got the money, and you’re willing to spend it…go for it.
    The actual in game version shows that it does 5k damage, rather than 3750-6250. Crits seem to go up to 11k according to various sources, but I haven’t tried this myself yet. It procs about once every 12-15 seconds on dummies, so in PvP it will obviously proc a bit less often. It seems to have no IDC. I can’t really judge the yet, but overall it seems to be an awesome trinket.

Unheeded Warning. Insane damage increase. 321 Passive Agility is really good, and the proc actually gives a pretty huge damage increase for Ferals as well.

Mirror of Broken Images. This was a great trinket for 3's and 5's already before 4.0.6, but now probably also worth it for 2's. (Due to the shapeshift nerf mostly). If you're facing a melee-team, basically all it gives is the Mastery, but against a Caster-team it's an awesome trinket. I'm switching between this one and Unsolvable Riddle for 2's as well atm.

3v3 and 5v5. (any setup)
    Arguably the best 3v3 and 5v5 Trinket as a Feral Druid is the one mentioned above as well: Mirror of Broken Images

This trinket is basically a second Barkskin for spells. 400 resistance means you’ll take about 40% less damage from spells (minus SpellPen). Most casters will have or sit close to the hard cap but even if they do it’s still a good , that’s still a good ~18-22% less spelldamage taken for 10 sec on a 1 minute CD. For 3v3 and 5v5 brackets where you’ll see casters 24/7 it’s a pretty amazing trinket.

The earlier mentioned trinkets for “2v2, BG and World PvP” are all viable for 3v3 and 5v5 as well. However, this one is probably far better than any of those.
    Link from: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aclysm-Edition.

You're welcome.

wait what?
    Can't say we get focused 24/7, but most teams (mostly 3v3) WILL focus you as Feral, especially if it's a Castercleave.

Wow thnx bro thats a shit ton of helpful info and your right i never really thought of it as pretty much a barkskin purposelly for spells.....Ive got another good question though about "mirror of Broken images" trinket and possibly even another great way to use it.

We all know that the mobility nerf and fear beserk nerf hit us at a decent level and in some cases will be the reasoning to losing in a clutch match. My question is to you rather than this being more like a barkskin, isnt it more liek a cloak of shadows? and im wondering with that much resistance now that i think about it wouldnt it be possible to pop it when you feel the time is nesscary for example

Ill just do a 2s example real quick

In 2's against a frost mage / shadow priest i always always open on the shadow priest and get them to half health before even out of pounce. Would it most likely be possible to pop this trinket once pounce is over anticipating the priest to fear bomb me away from being scared shitless? and possibly even fear disarm me again thinking they didnt get the first fear off? because this trinket would be HUGE if it pretty much insured a free resist to ANY fear like shadow mechanic, also it would be great for sticking to a mage/druid/resto shaman if u dont have a fast dispeller available.

My concern is realistically what would be the chances to resist these things cuz 400 resists is a huge ammount of resist espeically if it stacks with our 97 resists with motw or kings..... i mean a spell caster would have to have a shit ton of spell pen wouldnt they?
    Last edited by druidonroids; 2011-03-09 at 09:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by druidonroids View Post
    Wow thnx bro thats a shit ton of helpful info
    You're welcome! There's more in the link!

My question is to you rather than this being more like a barkskin, isnt it more liek a cloak of shadows?
    Resistance only reduces damage taken by that specific type of Spells nowadays, so no, it would still be more like Barkskin. You won't completely resist a Fear or an Icelance because you got X more resistance.

Would it most likely be possible to pop this trinket once pounce is over anticipating the priest to fear bomb me away from being scared shitless? and possibly even fear disarm me again thinking they didnt get the first fear off? because this trinket would be HUGE if it pretty much insured a free resist to ANY fear like shadow mechanic, also it would be great for sticking to a mage/druid/resto shaman if u dont have a fast dispeller available.
    As I stated before, Resistance only reduces damage nowadays, so no it wouldn't be worth it to pop it right before a Fear in the hope to resist that one. I really use it the exact same way as I use Barkskin.

It would've been insane if you would actually totally resist spells, but sadly it doesn't. This trinket is still really worth it though. It reduces damage taken from Spells by ~18-22% (assuming the Enemy Caster is hardcapped on SpellPen), which is pretty awesome, especially with a 10 sec duration on a 1 minute CD.

Just go and duel whatever caster, let him nuke you for 10 seconds and calculate how much damage you took. Do that 3 or 4 times for a more accurate and average amount of DPS. (Due to being lucky on crits the first time, having bad luck on procs the second time...etc. etc.)

Then duel him another 3-4 times, but this time you use the trinket from the start. It's a pretty huge amount of damage you negate right there.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2011-03-09 at 10:52 PM.

Last question, most likely a stupid one but can u use this trinket persay while stunned or feared or shadow priests fear-disarm etc?

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't use it while CC'd sadly. I just use it whenever I'm taking a ton of spelldamage.