Thread: Gaming Latop

Gaming Latop

For reasons which I wont go to much into detail about, I'm in the market for a quality gaming laptop. I do not wish to build my own.

I am in need of some assistance. I have checked sites such as Tigerdirect.ca and Newegg.ca ( I'm in Canada ) and they do not have what I am looking for.

I have checked Alienware and they look like overpriced pieces of shit, I've looked at iBuyPower and CybertronPC and they both seem to have terrible reviews.

Then I saw this: http://originpc.com/shop/pc/N15-s-config-step1.asp

I'm no expert but this seems to me like a quality machine at an appropriate price, and there customer service seems to be unmatched.

My question to the mmo-champ community is: Is this Laptop (I would do some customization) a good purchase? If no please provide information as to why, and possibly an alternative I'd like to at least learn something here.

Its overpriced ~ your paying for the name, however I'd assume the quality would be top notch.

Do you have a budget? What will this laptop be used for?

Deleted
    Why must you have a laptop? If you're just gaming then a computer is a better choice, both money & power wise.

Budget would be between 1000 - 2000. Mainly for games, minor movie editing, maybe some minor programming with Unity and stuff like that, but primarily for gaming.

I figured I would pay a bit extra for the name brand, but what are my alternatives?

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rikrui View Post
    Why must you have a laptop? If you're just gaming then a computer is a better choice, both money & power wise.
    I don't have space in my home for a desktop computer setup, plus I travel a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    For reasons which I wont go to much into detail about, I'm in the market for a quality gaming laptop. I do not wish to build my own.

I am in need of some assistance. I have checked sites such as Tigerdirect.ca and Newegg.ca ( I'm in Canada ) and they do not have what I am looking for.

I have checked Alienware and they look like overpriced pieces of shit, I've looked at iBuyPower and CybertronPC and they both seem to have terrible reviews.

I'm no expert but this seems to me like a quality machine at an appropriate price, and there customer service seems to be unmatched.

My question to the mmo-champ community is: Is this Laptop (I would do some customization) a good purchase? If no please provide information as to why, and possibly an alternative I'd like to at least learn something here.
    You are saying that an Alienware that is overpriced when you are looking at one for $1700?

My Alienware M15x is decked out, paid off in 12months with 0 interest, runs any game with High Details without even a flinch. Financed for no more then 1800. It was like 1768 to be exact.

Gonna have to call BS on being overpriced pieces of S***

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing was, I bought a Dell XPS 16" with a BETTER processor/GPU than the equivalent Alienware, for £250 less... Mine cost like £1100, the Alienware was £1380. Same company I was buying from, but the Dell was actually better...
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    Yeah can't complain one bit about my studio xps 16' which is much cheaper then alienware.No issues running 60 fps in 10/25mans either. I just added some bits to it, faster GPU, bigger RAM, Better Graphics card, just make sure you get a lappy cooler the vents aren't the best, but still as i said never had any complaints

10+ Year Old Account
    If your budget is 1000-2000, Alienwares aren't an overpriced piece of shit, you can get a powerful one from 1300-2200

MSI GT680
    SB CPU
    460M
    8 Gb of RAM
    1080p screen
    2x 500Gb HDD's in RAID 0
    Plus some kick ass speakers along with USB 3 and a 9 cell battery for better life.

I bought a cyberpower comp, and I really love it. Seems to work really well for me..... there is also a thread on these forums about it as well. How there were a lot more happier people with their purchase then negative ones. (At least i thought so)
    Author: Ulysses S. Grant (A True Raider & PvPr)

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

DO NOT use Origin, unless you REALLY want the customization of the looks and such. The same laptops can be bought cheaper from other third party companies. Use xoticpc.com or pctorque.com or hell, there are several resellers out there. That laptop "looks" to me to be a Sager model, which all these other resellers have as well, just cheaper. You won't get the custom Original Logo and such however.

http://www.msimobile.com/level3_prod...x?cid=6&id=283

From reviews I've read, they have some pretty good laptops, and have pretty nice sound on them as well (I do not own one, just based on what I've read).

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.p...el_name=NP5160
    About the same specs WAY better price.
    Except that the graphics card is way worse.

---------- Post added 2011-03-10 at 09:11 AM ----------

Terribly overpriced, the only good thing about that notebook is the graphics card. All other base specs at the starting price of $1,700 are terrible. 2GB of RAM? 250GB budget HDD? only an i5 dual core? You should be paying half as much.

If you want amazing customizable specs without getting ripped off, check out:
    http://rjtech.com/shop/index.php?dis...ategory_id=189
    Last edited by nwo; 2011-03-10 at 08:13 AM.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely