Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fps drops to 5 after 2 hours of raiding.

Well, Ill begin with my Pc specs.
    Mobo - EP-35-DS3L.
    E4600 - 2.4 Ghz.
    Kingston 6400 - 800 Mhz - 4Gbs
    GTX 460 - 1gb VGA.

Never had any issues with Vista be4, about 2 months ago installed Win7.. and soon after started to experience random lag spikes/freezes for 1-2 sec's while having heavy AOE spell effect around me. (Never had that happening be4) This was EXTREMELY annoying. But since last wed, thur and sun ... EXACTLY after 2 hours of raid my fps drops from 60 to 5 in 25man raid. and thats totally unbelievable. Whenever i restart my pc, log back into game fps is back to 60.. and then goes back to 5 after heavy AOE load.... Thought that something is overheating...
    So i went and tried it via elimination:
    At the very begg i thought that my VGA was overheating - swapped to my old GT8600. Same thing happened 5 fps after an approx 2 hours of raiding.
    Checked throughout the night my RAM consistency - 0 errors... (Swapped it around -nothing helped)
    Used can of compressed air to remove every single shit possible out of the case. Looks like brand new now.
    Updated my chipset drivers from Gigabite web site as well as updated VGA drivers to 266.58, updated Audio Drivers as wel las LAN drievers... and noithing seem to help... im kinda lost atm....
    Installed wow on a different External HD....
    Removed WTF, Cashe, Interface folders to run some tests... freezes seem not to dissapear.
    Shades on low.

ATM im a bit confused what could it be since im Running SpeedFan and it shows:
    Average GPU temp 55C. Both Cores run at an about 30-40C ... nothing seem to be overheating...

Totally confused, any1 got any clues what could it be? appart from removing Win7 since alot say its crap ?
    Im very concurned that something could be wrong with Direct X, cuz ive got some random clunky noised from the headphones when i swicth applications or alt tab.
    My system shows its 9.0C Direct X .. tried updating it to 11 since my VGA supports it but i couldnt ... and i cant remove either, cz its a part of Win7 system... meeh

Brgds/ Andro
    Last edited by a1fa; 2011-03-09 at 05:22 PM.

If I state anything too obvious I apologize.
    Are any widows update,antivirus updates etc scheduled or running?
    Are damage meters running? If so clear the cache of it.
    Get Gamebooster to turn off any processes not needed for gaming or any other program.

What are your game video settings on? V-sync enabled? Shadows settings? Resolution?

I might know the problem but you have to answer this question first. Is your Win7 legit?

im having the same problem and also my character just sits there not casting but he does his casting emote and no cast bar came up

No updates, almost everything is kinda off, no antivirus on, no firewall .. basically nothingi s running.
    Damage meters running... umm lemme switch it off and tes it.
    Vid Setting are at Good, with Vert sinc disabled ofc from Nvidia settings as well as in game, shadow off, 1680-1050 wide screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitel View Post
    I might know the problem but you have to answer this question first. Is your Win7 legit?
    Would that make a difference on your FPS? Cause I'm having issues with my FPS dumping from 60-30 in a split second......

Win7 NOT legit BUT when i got it ... no problems where occuring, just till recently.

Forgot to mansion that i have even upgraded to SP1 about 2 days ago... nothing changed ...

I had a similar issue a long time ago but it wasn't with Windows 7. I forget what the protocol is called but it would constantly be searching for a better wireless connection in the background causing bad 1-2 second lag spikes in my game. So if you're running wireless this could be an issue. I think it was called Wireless zero config or something like that. Something to possibly look into.

Deleted
    After 2 hours raiding, you're starting to get bored, meaning after and before fights you tab down to Facebook/mmo-champion/newssite etc.

You're using Chrome, wich causes the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dfarrall View Post
    Whether your copy is legit or not wont affect your FPS
    Win7 > Vista for gaming
    Drivers upto date? Whats CPU temp
    ATM wow runing - Core1 - 42C - Core2- 43C

Power Supply size?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalixen View Post
    After 2 hours raiding, you're starting to get bored, meaning after and before fights you tab down to Facebook/mmo-champion/newssite etc.

You're using Chrome, wich causes the problem.
    Do not even have Chrom on the system, so its not the case. Using Opera tho.
    Last edited by a1fa; 2011-03-09 at 05:38 PM.

Try to revert win 7 back to a time when all was good..
    If that dont help try a overclock utility for your graphics card and slightly clock up memeory and fan speed..

Quote Originally Posted by blazto View Post
    Power Supply size?
    Gigabyte - 450W - continuous Output and 550W is Peak combined Wattage.

Im sure this is more then enough for my system since im not runing SLI.

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pathagoris View Post
    I had a similar issue a long time ago but it wasn't with Windows 7. I forget what the protocol is called but it would constantly be searching for a better wireless connection in the background causing bad 1-2 second lag spikes in my game. So if you're running wireless this could be an issue. I think it was called Wireless zero config or something like that. Something to possibly look into.
    Im wired man. Nothing wrong with wireless even tho i do have it, im still wired on this system.

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kork123 View Post
    Try to revert win 7 back to a time when all was good..
    If that dont help try a overclock utility for your graphics card and slightly clock up memeory and fan speed..
    Why would i need to eve ntouch my GTX460 ? Its like more then enough for WOW?
    What fan ur talking about ?

The OP's problem is after 2 hours of playing and when graphics are pushed. There's a bottleneck somewhere. Get a program that will monitor the temp of all pc compnents and see what temps are after 2 hrs. Also 4 GB is kind of low for Win 7. It's what's recommended and depending what's running on your system that could be it also.
    Last edited by blazto; 2011-03-09 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blazto View Post
    The OP's problem is after 2 hours of playing and when graphics are pushed. There's a bottleneck somewhere. Get a program that will monitor the temp of all pc compnents and see what temps are after 2 hrs.
    I do have Everest and SpeedFan on atm.

Lemme go raid today wipe for 2 hoursi n 25hc and ill post here whats gonna happen.
    But question is, this bottle neck wasnt happening be4??? im not getting how the bottleneck could occure from nowhere

If it wasn't happening before Win 7 then Win 7 is the first step you should look at troubleshooting. Get a benchmarking program and see if you can put the same load on the system while monitoring your temps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen several complaints in various places about the gtx 460 and overheating when idling too much. Don't know if it is legit or if it's just troll. Try cranking up your settings and see if this changes anything. Also check your video gpu core temp when you see this occur. I had a similar problem a few years back and when i really got that card pumping it was getting too hot. A thorough heat sink cleaning was all it took to restore normal ops (which is not easy on a laptop O.o)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its usually an on the dot 2 hour problem, then i would say heat.
    Stockli = Me
    Bladefist = Home

make sure you're fans are turned up.. sounds like your cards are over heating.. same thing happens to me if i forget to up the fan speeds.. both cards usually hit higher than 60c it'll do almost the same thing...

Best of luck on finding the problem