What i am doing wrong?

Well basicly yes, that is my quiestion. I am trying to do my best with my lock, clearly. But the point is : seeing back my performance on Logs always disappoint me, how hunters just faceroll me away from top dps. And that i am pulling about 15-16k dps on bosses in epic gear HOWEVER my damage done is way higher than my dps so i am still in the top 10, but it kinda depresses me.
    I try to put the rotation: immo, chaos bolt, soul fire with empowered imp, corruption and bane of doom uptime as much as i can, still, i cannot beat hunters or sometimes rogues (rarely)

The problem i can think of comes in two things:
    Since a blood elf hasn o real pve helping ability, racial matter.
    Or because i use incinerate - felflame castsequence macro, so i need to cast immolate only once at the beginning, then i only spam fel flame to have immo up all the time.

Please help me if there is anything i am doing wrong.
    Last edited by Nerfarien; 2011-03-09 at 05:45 PM.

Nobody can help you without parses, logs and an armory. Go read the stickies is about the only advice I can give you.

This may be redundant with Jahrastafari's post because he mentioned reading Stickied posts, but it's a simple fact that Fel Flame is only ever used with a 4pc t11 proc or while moving. In all other cases, casting Fel Flame to refresh Immolate is a net loss (napkin math proof may be found in Jmickey's Destruction Guide on EJ).

Never EVER use fel flame except in the following situations:

a) unavoidable movement in which corruption does not need refreshing and conflag in on cooldown.
    b) 4 piece proc.

Taken directly from EJ destro guide.

Also, don't always wait for the imp proc on SF to cast it. Hardcasting SF to keep the buff is a DPS gain. Pretty much, read the EJ guide and follow what it says, and you will see your DPS jump dramatically.

some classes just do more damage on certain fights just like certain specs do more damage on certain fights. thats the points of making ur raid comp strong. if u are out damaging everyone on every fight than A.) u way out gear them B.) u roll with crappy players C.) mixture of both.

You should be pulling amazing dps in situations that others classes specs lack. so shine in those situations by reading up what spec to be in those cases and blow them away.

oh yeah... also maybe they are just better at fight mechanics than u and ur losing dps during mechanics, phases, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    Well basicly yes, that is my quiestion. I am trying to do my best with my lock, clearly. But the point is : seeing back my performance on Logs always disappoint me, how hunters just faceroll me away from top dps. And that i am pulling about 15-16k dps on bosses in epic gear HOWEVER my damage done is way higher than my dps so i am still in the top 10, but it kinda depresses me.
    I try to put the rotation: immo, chaos bolt, soul fire with empowered imp, corruption and bane of doom uptime as much as i can, still, i cannot beat hunters or sometimes rogues (rarely)

The problem i can think of comes in two things:
    Since a blood elf hasn o real pve helping ability, racial matter.
    Or because i use incinerate - felflame castsequence macro, so i need to cast immolate only once at the beginning, then i only spam fel flame to have immo up all the time.

Please help me if there is anything i am doing wrong.
    Are you keeping Improved soul fire up all the time? If not, you should be aiming to do so.

Fel Flame is just not the spell for PVE , take it off your hot key bar if u can't sure when to use it

first dont use that silly fel flame cast sequence, that is a dps loss. you don't mention on focusing on conflag uptime either.

try to only refresh immolate when you have imp soulfire, and don't be afraid to hard cast the soulfire

Soulfire every 15secs regardless of imp procs.
    You should be as close to 100% up time with ISF.

CoE
    Incin - for buff (5% crit)
    SB: Soulfire
    Immo
    Corruption
    Conflag
    BoD
    Incin spam
    Refresh shit before it runs out.

Personally, I recast immo around 2-3 seconds, always refresh corruption at the same time. I hardcast Soul Fire if I don't have a proc around 5 seconds left, then conflag, then get rid of my BD procs, rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by SLhyphy; 2011-03-10 at 12:41 PM. Reason: wording