Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Useful Raid Leader Addon - Skada Lightwell

I just wanted to tell my fellow RLs about a new useful addon made from one my my officers: Kimbra.

It's called Skada - Lightwell, and adds Lightwell usage (useful usage and USELESS usages, when you are already at full health) to skada, so you can track and check who is slacking and not clicking the lightwell during the various boss encounters.

wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/skadalightwell.aspx

Kimbra will soon also add the "Effective Self-healing done thru Lightwell" tracking too, so you can check who are the best ones to use the lightwell when it's needed and the worst ones that never click it or click it when it's totally wasted ;-)

Currently it tracks:

Useful usage count per raid member: when a raid member clicks on it and its not at full health
    Useless usage count per raid member: when a raid member clicks on it and its at full health already
    Last edited by mmoc0cb5eb8168; 2011-03-09 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you sir, I find it useful. Nice to see in game instead of only being able to analyze through WoL.

Deleted
    nice addon indeed. Now I know that my Raid is terrified by lightwells cause no one is klicking it.. grr

Deleted
    Tbh it seems like a waste of time as raid leader to spent time at. The priest itself though could use this addon
    Last edited by mmoc12dbb41d8a; 2011-03-10 at 07:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    Tbh it seems like a waste of time as raid leader to spent time at. The priest itself though could use this addon
    Maybe the priest is the raidleader. And not only raidleaders can have this addon.

I hate lightwell with a passion i have the hardest time clicking on one without targeting some random raid member or an add/boss i don't want to click on
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Awesome, I always wonder which people use it and which people don't. It's only happened ONCE on Maloriak that my lightwell was actually used up instead of expiring.

sounds like a dumb add on

what if you refuse to click the lightwell because the healer who dropped it is bad and thats the reason why he uses lightwells?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post

what if you refuse to click the lightwell because the healer who dropped it is bad and thats the reason why he uses lightwells?
    Lightwell is the most mana effective spell in the game and has insane throughput. If a bad healer uses it, he's obviously not all that bad. And if you refuse to click a lightwell, no matter what the reason, you're downright stupid.

does this only work with skada or will there be an implementation of the addon itself or recount or other addons similar to recount/skada?

Deleted
    Really nice sounding addon! I am downloading this to test it as soon as I get home, all my guilds tanks and healers use the lightwell when they can but some DPS still seem to slack on it. Adding a meter into the equation always seems to get DPS interested.

There is so much stupid in this sentence I don't even know where to begin.

oh the ironing
    you dont click a lightwell because your healer is bad? wtf kind of idiotic mentality is that? you are either trying wayy to hard to troll right now or just plain dont know how to play. lightwells are amazing tools especially on long/high damage fights. the healer has other players to worry about while trying to ration out their mana to last the entire fight. any bit of healing you can do yourself is crucial to the success of an encounter and to the healer mana management.

Can priests learn to not put the damn thing in the boss? Thanks.

Deleted
    Thanks to everyone. If you have any suggestion on how to improve apart from waht I already said, feel free to spit it out and I'll hand them over to Kimbra for the next version ;-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Can tanks stop pulling bosses over the lightwell?

Seriously though, if you know a good spot for a lightwell, let the priest know. The priest puts it close to the boss so everyone will reach it, you can't just put it anywhere and have people run to it.

Tell the tank to kite the boss away from lightwell?

EDIT: Didn't see tobberoth's reply :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I hate lightwell with a passion i have the hardest time clicking on one without targeting some random raid member or an add/boss i don't want to click on
    Tell your priest this. Give advice on where s/he should put it instead.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Can tanks learn to not put the damn boss on the lightwell? Thanks.
    I think this is what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    So in other words you're bad.

what a joke
    Last edited by Hustle8; 2011-03-14 at 01:00 PM.