Addon like Proximity in Bigwigs

I was hoping there to track down an addon that worked like the Proximity range display in Bigwigs. I personally use Bigwigs but a lot of my guildies prefer DBM still. If they could just download a proximity like addon that didn't require Bigwigs, that'd be awesome.

I know they could run both and just disable all the Bigwigs features they didn't want but that seems a little unnecessary and I doubt I could convince them to do that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

DBM has proximity meters for fights where it matters. Or am I thinking of something else?

Bigwigs has an actual box that pops up. If you use Bigwigs, you'd know what I was talking about. DBM has a range check feature but unless they've added something recently, it's not at all the same.

Deleted
    Bigwigs displays a green circle with dots representing people outside or inside your set range, auto sets for most fights.

DBM only shows a list of people within your set range.

The Bigwigs display also turns red if dots are within the circle and green when they are outside.

I am not aware of any proximity addons that work like bigwigs

http://media.curse.com/Curse.Project...ity_config.jpg

He means something like that box in the bottom right.

And unfortunately, I don't know of any like that. Though I'd like to know, 'cause that box thing is cool as shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Bigwigs displays a green circle with dots representing people outside or inside your set range, auto sets for most fights.

DBM only shows a list of people within your set range.

The Bigwigs display also turns red if dots are within the circle and green when they are outside.
    -Adelani

He means something like that box in the bottom right.
    -Kneeo (Couldn't copy Kneeo's link)

^ Exactly what I was trying to explain. Does anyone know of such a thing?

Quite possibly overkill, but Hudmap @ Curse is worth a look.

Unfortunately Hudmap hasn't been updated for 3 months, chances are it has been abandoned by it's developer, a shame really.

Yeah, hudmap is cool but wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Oh well. I guess it doesn't exist yet except in Bigwigs. Thanks for the insight nonetheless.

Necroing this thread to see if there are any new addons like the proximity alert of Bigwigs.

Hudmap has been up dated recently, 3 days ago as of this post, but it's serious overkill to what I want.

Anything new? Or is it BigWigs or nothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Enderfish
    Its like saying "hey I can use a clock to tell time, but I prefer to go out back and check my sundial - cuz you know clocks are for noobs"

It's BigWigs or nothing unfortunately. I'm 100% positive it shouldn't be too hard to rip the code out for it though. Maybe a post on their forums would nudge them into doing it? It soulds like something I might take a crack at* anyway considering I'm working with map and player position stuff atm.

I mean c'mon... it's only distances and points and vectors and tables and translating it all on screen and and and :explode:

*taking a crack at it means it would be a while before anything resembling an alpha version would be available. I've got the know how of the nitty gritty bits, it's all this frame razamataz I gotta fool with...

(Actually, it looks like you could turn most of HUDmaps stuff off, I can't be arsed to mess with it right now, but it's really worth a look into if you haven't already)
    Last edited by JonBoy2001; 2011-05-28 at 04:46 AM.
    Moo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakken View Post
    Necroing this thread to see if there are any new addons like the proximity alert of Bigwigs.

Hudmap has been up dated recently, 3 days ago as of this post, but it's serious overkill to what I want.

Anything new? Or is it BigWigs or nothing?
    You can disable a lot of the things on HudMap (All the modules are able to disabled, and each encounter has options to toggle each range marker). You might want to give it a try.