Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    There is one way, it's not cheap, and very rare. You can get a PCI/PCIe card that has RAM slots on it. The computer treats it as a standard drive via drivers, and it has it's own power source. So the data stays if the computer shuts off. Still, if that power source is gone, the data is gone too, unless the computer is still on. Like a kid knocking the cord out or something. If the power goes out, poof, no data.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post
    No it's not.

If you want fast access storage (which is what I guessed from your post) you should check out some solid state drives. It's literally instanteous for accessing information and doesn't make any sound whatsoever.

The downside is you have very limited storage space but the technology has really moved on in the last 3-4 years.

I'm pretty sure you can get 500gb or even 1tb Solid State drives now, they are expensive tho expect to pay $500+.
    Most 1 TBs are easily $2,000-3,000. SSD memory still ranges about $2-3 per gigabyte. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

What you want is completely pointless.

When you play wow its pretty much running from your RAM anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawder View Post
    What you want is completely pointless.

When you play wow its pretty much running from your RAM anyway.
    Not when loading maps and textures and shit, which propably would be the whole point in doing something like this. To load those almost instantly.

Not that I see any real point in spending like... 400€ to get the amount of extra RAM to do so, but still. A 2nd gen RevoDrive would be nearly as good anyway.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All this guy needs to do is buy an SSD or two, and put whatever games or other files on them and he oughta be happy.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water