Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Chakra now a "Stance" in 4.1?

This is obviously early, so I don't want to make a big deal out of this, and if it turns out to be wrong, then I hope a moderater will lock this, but I just noticed this in the new notes:

•Chakra: When activated, your next Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Binding Heal, Prayer of Healing, Prayer of Mending, Mind Spike or Smite will put you into a Chakra state. state for 1 min. Serenity (Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Binding Heal)
    It seems to me seems that this would make Chakra would no longer have a duration and, essentially, make it act more like a stance. I'm unsure how I feel about this. I liked the way we could maintain it before, and felt like the current implementation was a little clunky with how we're forced to refresh and how the state drops. I think I really would have prefered they reworked the original implementation with all the new activating spells, so it made for an interesting mechanic.

TBH, I saw this coming after the 4.0.6 change, and I'm a bit disappointed since it basically just makes it a self buff to throw up before the encounter, unless the raid mechanics in Firelands will make us want to switch back and forth a lot, which seems doubtful, I think this might just have taken Chakra and made it... meh. Thoughts?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's blizzard putting a 'holy' form into the game, when they said they would never put a 'holy' form into the game.

Well you don't really turn into anything. You look the same (besides glowing), so Stance would be more appropriate =P

Deleted
    I seriously have no complaints about this. It'll relieve one thing to keep track of, to keep chakra up and check that timer every now and then but I dislike the fact that they're changing so much in the Holy Tree, this change is like a revamped Inner Focus? But for holy.

But yeah, I appreciate this buff as it'll allow my eyes to keep track on better stuff than the timer on my chakra state. Not sure about how other's feel but it's not a "stance" since if it were to be a stance, we would be allowed to select "Sanctuary,Serenity,Smite" chakra. This is like I mentioned, something like a revamped Inner Focus copy but in the Holy Tree.

Wouldn't this make it so you always have your 4pc as Holy active? (Not that its hard to do already, but now with even less forethought?) But tbh, yes it would be nice to have one less thing to worry over. Chakra can be annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayita View Post
    Wouldn't this make it so you always have your 4pc as Holy active? (Not that its hard to do already, but now with even less forethought?)
    ^This. This can easily lead to the 4pc getting nerfed for Holy. Either that, or they buff the other 4pc sets to be 100% or near-100% uptime. I wouldn't mind a buff to the Disc side of the 4pc, being forced to cast Penance on CD while Holy doesn't have to do anything is kinda unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Yea, they said the change they will be making to the 4pc for disc is just removing the Weakened Soul requirement. It wouldn't be fair but lets be honest when is anything ever 'fair' lol.

They may as well make it have no duration. After the bump to one minute, you were pretty much 100% in it anyway. I guess they think the cooldown is enough.
    And I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the 4 piece bonus. Holy priests kinda need that 100% uptime!

10+ Year Old Account
    -Edit: Didn't read that tranq thing I'm happy now
    Last edited by Astrobandaid; 2011-03-09 at 11:56 PM.

Playing since '04

Comparing 'tree' and 'chakra' is like apples and oranges...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haydude View Post
    They may as well make it have no duration. After the bump to one minute, you were pretty much 100% in it anyway. I guess they think the cooldown is enough.
    And I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the 4 piece bonus. Holy priests kinda need that 100% uptime!
    Well compared to other classes it really is needed since even if they buffed Holy Concentration ( then nerfed it a lil' ) our only portion of mana regen pretty much comes from the Spirit regeneration aka Holy Concentration. Even if we got Shadowfiend, Hymns, spirit is our main regen due to the superior regen we get compared to other healers ( in the stat: Spirit, that is ).

But there's really no big difference anymore since Blizzard seem to make the T11 bonus obtainable and near a 100% uptime which is good. Just that some classes got it alot easier than others, which in this case are us. And yeah, it's comfortable and I see no need to why we should complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrobandaid View Post
    Can I have a tree "stance" that's up 100% of the time?

-Edit: Didn't read that tranq thing I'm happy now
    I see you joined in 4.0?....

15+ Year Old Account
    I switch Chakras quite often. This won't make any real impact to me. I have one macro with Chakra on PoM and one on GH. That way, dependant on the situation, I can get into a different state.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I'm happy for the holy priests, though a bit disappointed that there is nothing for disc going on. My only concern, as mentioned above, is that holy priests (if we're reading this right™) is that it's a free 100% uptime. It's not like chakra was difficult to maintain before. This seems a bit too easy, or at least a bit imbalanced when compared to disc, imho.

Then again I'm pretty biased since I hate AA builds, and am not a huge fan of holy, so none of the priest changes have really been anything I'm that interested in seeing.

Let's... wait until Blueposts go out.

Datamined info said Body and Soul was 25% down from 60.

As much as we love Bibi and everything she does for us, I wouldn't get too excited and/or pissed off yet.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Let's... wait until Blueposts go out.

Datamined info said Body and Soul was 25% down from 60.

As much as we love Bibi and everything she does for us, I wouldn't get too excited and/or pissed off yet.
    QFT

Might just be false, and tbh sounds a little too good to be true.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you compared the new to the old you can see that it looks more like a Tool-tip fix than any change to the mechanics of Chakra.
    Now Casual Holy/Disc Priest: Summer of 2011

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...-body-and-soul

He states b&s is not getting changed that way, whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    ^This. This can easily lead to the 4pc getting nerfed for Holy. Either that, or they buff the other 4pc sets to be 100% or near-100% uptime. I wouldn't mind a buff to the Disc side of the 4pc, being forced to cast Penance on CD while Holy doesn't have to do anything is kinda unfair.
    They did buff it to near 100% uptime. They removed the requirement for weakened soul to be on the target. So it's just whenever penance heals.

Edit: Sorry, I thought it was official. The blues have only stated that they thought people had a valid point about holy having more uptime than holy, and were considering doing that. If chakra becomes a stance, I can't imagine they wouldn't put in that change though. And it's worth noting they were discussing buffing the bonus for disc, not nerfing it for holy.
    Last edited by Cactrot; 2011-03-10 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodisius View Post
    If you compared the new to the old you can see that it looks more like a Tool-tip fix than any change to the mechanics of Chakra.
    Disclaimer: Assuming the tooltip was actually changed on purpose...

How so? The earlier tooltip was quite accurate. The new tooltip does nothing to imply that it has a duration....I just don't see how this could be a "fix" as the such a "fix" would result in a poor tooltip.
    There is no gene for the human spirit. ~GATTACA