Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Patch 4.1 PTR Notes - March 9 Update

Patch 4.1 PTR Notes - March 9 Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)

General
    • A dead player can now be resurrected by targeting them using the Party or Raid Frame even if they have released. No more hunting for corpses.

Dungeon Finder
    • The Dungeon Finder now attempts to avoid putting damage-dealing classes with the same armor type in a group.

PvP

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Druids now innately have 100% pushback protection from damage while channeling Tranquility.

Restoration

Druid Bug Fixes

Hunter (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Pets
    • Bloodthirsty no longer generates Happiness.
    • Carrion Feeder no longer restores Happiness.
    • The Feed Pet ability now instantly heals 50% of the pet's health. Cannot be used in combat. Requires diet-appropriate food.
    • Guard Dog no longer causes Growl to generate additional Happiness.
    • The Happiness/Pet Loyalty System has been removed. Hunters will no longer have to manage Happiness for their pets, and the previous damage bonus for pets being happy will now be baseline for all tamed pets.

Glyphs
    • Glyph of Mend Pet is now Glyph of Greater Proportion, which increases the size of the pet slightly.

Hunter Bug Fixes

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Arcane Blast damage has been increased by 13%. In addition, the stacking effect of Arcane Blast now increases the damage done by Arcane Explosion, and Arcane Explosion does not consume that effect.
    • Arcane Explosion damage has been increased by 13%.
    • Arcane Missiles damage has been increased by 13%.
    • Blizzard damage has been increased by 70%.

Arcane

Fire

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Discipline

Holy

Warlock (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Pets
    • Lash of Pain (Succubus) damage now scales with level, reducing the damage done at lower levels such that it will deal 50% damage at level 20, and 100% damage at level 80 and above.

Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Arms
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-03-11 at 04:33 AM.

The happiness system has finally been removed...I might actually roll a proper hunter now.

Deleted
    About time! I've been waiting for Blizz to do something about hunting corpses! :P

Also, the "not the same armor types" thing, that's going to increase the queue times I'm guessing?

I dunno why though, It just seems like it would lol.

my god i love the mage buffs. simply awesome.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mage buffs.. oh my god. 70% more dmg with blizzard? Win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaeix View Post
    my god i love the mage buffs. simply awesome.
    like it was needed??? i don't play a mage but have a few good arcane mages i raid with.... there burst is going to be huge!!!

or am i reading this all wrong?

Awesome more Arms buffs. Totally didn't see that coming...stop trying to make Arms viable for PvE keep it for PvP we were doing fine with that route stick with it. All this mingling and trying to bring Arms up to par with Fury is quite annoying.

I like the hunter pet loyalty system... Dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorguy View Post
    Awesome more Arms buffs. Totally didn't see that coming...stop trying to make Arms viable for PvE keep it for PvP we were doing fine with that route stick with it. All this mingling and trying to bring Arms up to par with Fury is quite annoying.
    Indeed, it's fine how it is Blizz! Tanking, DPS, and PvP, us Warriors make for quite a volatile cocktail, stop trying to homogenize everything dammit!

I haven't carried pet food on my hunter for like 2 years because I always talented into happiness increasing talents (plus the minor glyph), but I guess I will now. Still, RIP happiness on pets. We've come a long way from gorging your pet until you can assure they won't run away. I don't miss those days, that's for damn sure. I'll bet if they ever went back to the talent-hunting days of Vanilla/BC half of hunters would rage-quit lol.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Hunters now officially have the most worthless glyph in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    All AoE got buffed. Multishot / Warlock crap / Elem shamans (in a different way) / now Blizzard.

Pet happiness system was around a lot longer than I thought it would be. This also solves the problem of there being no meat sold in Stormwind -- something that I saw at least one or two hunters gripe about in SW General chat each week.

also: incoming bug with the new glyph that will cause the pets to be way larger than intended (or in Devilsaurs' case, their pre-tame size). And it won't get fixed until 4.2.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2011-03-10 at 05:17 AM.

Hahahaha. I remember when I first rolled a hunter. I figured I wouldn't need to constantly feed my pet because no other mmo I've played has had that retarded feature. Fast forward a few hours and my fluffy little wolf has ran away. Wtf? I haven't rolled a hunter since. That was some seriously flawed and un-fun design, and I'm glad it completely dead now

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Hunters now officially have the most worthless glyph in the game.
    More worthless than a faster cast of Death Gate? Or perhaps the ability to cast a cheaper Seal of Justice?

I dunno there are so many worthless glyphs now, perhaps it is worth deciding which really is the most terrible. A bigger pet can have a decent psychological advantage on younger players that are scared of OMG DINOSAUR IS RED NOOOO. Then they die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?

Tame Huhuran or Ayamiss, put this glyph, use pet on any boss.

Result: Many, many pissed melees.

Noooo!!! Damn them! Now they remove the happiness system! They are really ruining the game

Deleted
    FIRE FGS !!!! Buff fire not arcane!!! give fire something like Bane of Havoc style.

15+ Year Old Account
    Woot @ 7 second flag caps! This means it will again be possible to cc > flag cap. As a rogue this makes me happy.

Also where is the datamined stealth change? Did it not go through or did blizz simply forget to include it in the official notes?

More worthless than changing the color of your ghost wolf?

Anywho, I'm kind of excited about the happiness changes, I guess. Not that I've fed pets on anything other than a lowbie hunter in a while, but eh. One less thing.