Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Did anyone else read the new Chakra tooltip?
    Chakra
    When you use Prayer of Healing, Renew or Heal 3 times in a row you will enter a Chakra state empowering you for 1 min. You can only be in one Chakra state at a time.
    Prayer of Healing - Increases the healing done by your Prayer of Healing by 10%, and reduces the cooldown of your Circle of Healing by 2.5 sec.
    Renew - Increases the healing done by your Renew spell by 10%, and reduces the global cooldown of your Renew spell by .5 sec.
    Heal - Increases the critical effect chance of your Heal spell by 5%, and your Heal has a 100% chance to refresh the duration of your Renew on the target.
    Smite - Increases your total damage done by Shadow and Holy spells by 15%.
    Uh... what bullshit is that? That looks like a crazy hard nerf to me.

Deleted
    I also don't care about chakra. When raiding, you're in chakra: sanctuary all the time, having to keep track of it and renewing it was just annoying and stole a global cooldown or two each minute. You could say that it would be more fun with 30/30 and body and soul, but really, the only way you would ever drop sanctuary in a raid with that talent would be if the encounter forced you to stop healing, which would be really annoying since your skill wouldn't matter anyway.

I really hope that blizzard don't nerf something else because of it, it's seriously not a big difference. Anyway below crappy as hell was in chakra all the time already, a nerf would just be a general nerf, it wouldn't balance anything. It's not our fault that their mechanic didn't work as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzhyo View Post
    Did anyone else read the new Chakra tooltip?

Uh... what bullshit is that? That looks like a crazy hard nerf to me.
    That's likely incorrect as its the REEEEAAAALLY old tooltip from beta.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me more of the way it was back in Wrath. Get in that renew Chakra and fire away! God I hated renew spam but love bubble spam. Although I enjoy playing Disc correctly too. :P
    Now Casual Holy/Disc Priest: Summer of 2011

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

I'm actually very happy with the Chakra change. Serenity gets used more than Sanctuary. Since I know all the fights, I can just change prior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    I also don't care about chakra. When raiding, you're in chakra: sanctuary all the time, having to keep track of it and renewing it was just annoying and stole a global cooldown or two each minute.
    Someone else said something similar, but last raid (I run 10 mans), with two healers, I was switching back and forth between the two Chakras, as the situation called for. On Cho'gall I even triggered the Chakra so I would lose Sanctuary, Chastice a Worshiping player and enter Serenity so I could run off with the add-tank.

I'm with Kelesti on this one. I liked Chakra when it was still 30/30, with State of Mind when it was still useful. I'm cool with the 60/30 implementation as well, but that makes it easier to maintain but harder to switch (which, as I said, do rather often). Making it a stance is (1) lazy, (2) lame and unnecessary and (3) will make our spell balanced around being in the right Chakra. As it is now casting PoH in Sanctuary is just a bonus, I'm afraid this will change. When they announced Chakra I thought it could be one of those things that made the difference between a good priest and a great priest, and this is somewhat true (I think), making Chakra a stance removes this completely.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    I also don't care about chakra. When raiding, you're in chakra: sanctuary all the time, having to keep track of it and renewing it was just annoying and stole a global cooldown or two each minute. You could say that it would be more fun with 30/30 and body and soul, but really, the only way you would ever drop sanctuary in a raid with that talent would be if the encounter forced you to stop healing, which would be really annoying since your skill wouldn't matter anyway.

I really hope that blizzard don't nerf something else because of it, it's seriously not a big difference. Anyway below crappy as hell was in chakra all the time already, a nerf would just be a general nerf, it wouldn't balance anything. It's not our fault that their mechanic didn't work as intended.
    I run 25 mans and am changing chakra quite often.

Some examples:
    Maloriak: Red phase - Sancttuary, Blue phase - Serenity.
    ODS: Magamtron - Sanctuary, rest - Serenity (or at leasty mostly)
    Halfus: Drakes nuking - Sanctuary, 100% - 30% boss - Serenity, Zerg AoE phase - Sanctuary.

Rest is almost all Sanctuary, sometimes when i need to keep tank for a while (tank heal dies) i switch.

As for chakra duration/CD changes, here is my chart:
    30/30 > Unlimited/30 > 60/30
    Last edited by Dad; 2011-03-10 at 10:31 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    You should mention Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope being immune to pushback.
    Receiving a Lightwell HoT still interrupts it though, I tested it on PTR.

Well... Atleast you don't have to waste a non-buffed heal refreshing chakra anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    The stance mechanic has me wanting to go Discipline, to be honest.
    I find it more annoying to refresh chakra in dire situations. So im welcoming the "stance" change for now until I test it.

Anything think this is going to make State of mind more attractive?

---------- Post added 2011-03-10 at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    * A dead player can now be resurrected by targeting them using the Party or Raid Frame even if they have released. No more hunting for corpses.
    This change is the best change ever. Not strictly holy specific, but you know

Regarding the Chakra change, I really don't care too much either way. Less hassle I guess. As far as throughput goes, it's not going to change one bit.
    /agreed

I hated that in dungeons.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Have to say that the resurrection change is one that I've longed for a long time. So annoying to be ressing someone, only to have them release their corpse at the last moment and seeing your resurrection fizzle. Sure, it's only 10 seconds, but especially when there are more people to res, time is best spent elsewhere. Or, if you targeted a corpse of someone who had released already, you'd get the Spirit form as target, rather than the corpse, making it unable to cast your res. You had to precast your res and then target the corpse to make it work. So, THANK YOU BLIZZARD for making this change.

Not sure about the Chakra changes. I liked the 30/30 mechanic with the old SoM functionality, but I might like this one as well. Will have to see when it hits live (in this form).

As for Inner Fire and Inner Will, can't say it came unexpected after they made VE last until cancelled as well. As it is, it's mana free so the only part of it being 30 minutes duration was annoyance. They just took that out, by making it last indefinately now. No more rebuffing it all the time.

I don't really see why people dislike the new stance mechanic of chakra.
    Chakra has never been a healing cooldown or a bonus. Priest are designed around a full uptime of the chakra states. Otherwise good players could outperfom other healing classes by using chakra effectively.
    Even in times of 30/30 it has never been a problem keeping chakra up at all times. In my opinion the limited duration didn't add any depth to the play style. It was just annoying to refresh it (especially if you have a fight where you want to be in one stance for the whole time) and sometimes it would fall off by accident (which is not that interesting).

The interesting part of the chakra mechanic has always been the commitment because of the cooldown. With the new mechanic you still have to make that commitment.
    The difference is now you aren't forced to make a (often unnecessary) decision every 30 (or 60) seconds. You can choose yourself when you want to make that decision. Which i think is far more pleasant and interesting.

I can't remotely fathom how anyone could "like" Chakra the way it is currently. Having to refresh it every minute is plain irritating, and you didn't need to be Stephen Hawking to figure out that this change was coming at some point.

Really the biggest problem with these changes is that Druids(who are already extremely competitive if not better) are going to get to use 2/3 Tranquility per fight and shamans are supposed to get some kind of cooldown in there too. To me this just makes Holy as a spec lose ground to the other healers. Divine hymn especially is fairly weak right now for something with an 8 minute cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    I can't remotely fathom how anyone could "like" Chakra the way it is currently. Having to refresh it every minute is plain irritating, and you didn't need to be Stephen Hawking to figure out that this change was coming at some point.
    Indeed, stance change is nice. Refresh is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Refresh is stupid? Maybe we should let Blizzard make our characters move and act on themselves so we can enjoy our lazyness. What's wrong with having to pay attention? What's wrong with having to actually do something in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    As for chakra duration/CD changes, here is my chart:
    30/30 > Unlimited/30 > 60/30
    I agree (I think). At the very least, this change is world better than the 60/30 format. The 30/30 wasn't bad at all considering that you could maintain just by doing your job, but the 60/30 was nothing but annoying (and I honestly thought I was going to like it when it was first announced). Bare minimum, 30/30 > Unlimited/30 >>>>>>>> 60/30

Also, the ressing change will be nice. I wonder if it will remove the bug I have been having where once people release, I could not even see their dead bodies anymore to manually cast then target for a rez (happened to me once Cata hit, never had it happen before cata). A minor annoyance, but definitely one I'm looking forward to being fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsoul View Post
    Refresh is stupid? Maybe we should let Blizzard make our characters move and act on themselves so we can enjoy our lazyness. What's wrong with having to pay attention? What's wrong with having to actually do something in this game?
    Because pushing two buttons instinctually to remain in optimal chakra state was both intriguing and separated the wheat from the chaff, right?

There was nothing exciting about waiting for your chakra spell to come off cooldown so you could pair it with a PoM, since that was just clunky and did not make you any more of an intelligent player by doing so.

What does make you a good player, however, is understanding that going into any chakra state is something you must commit to for the next 30 seconds as well as knowin when to weave in and out of the states based on any given situation.

Has that changed? No. The only difference now is that instead of forcing you to remove then reapply you current chakra state you instead remain in it. Works for me.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsoul View Post
    We're already "doing" plenty of somethings: We're healing. We're managing mana. We're not standing in the fire. We're LGing the DPS that are standing in the fire. We're planning/coordinating long-cooldown usages. To me, even with the 60/30 change, Chakra states ended up being yet another resource to manage, one that the other healing classes didn't have to keep in their mental que.

I think a couple of the other posters have the right take on this:
    • The interesting part of the chakra mechanic has always been the commitment because of the cooldown. With the new mechanic you still have to make that commitment. The difference is now you aren't forced to make a (often unnecessary) decision every 30 (or 60) seconds. You can choose yourself when you want to make that decision. Which i think is far more pleasant and interesting.
    • Regarding the Chakra change…Less hassle I guess. As far as throughput goes, it's not going to change one bit.
    • (Holy) Priest(s) are designed around a full uptime of the chakra states.
    • I find it more annoying to refresh chakra in dire situations.

To me, the last two are the key. We're designed around 100% uptime, but the clunky refresh mechanic becomes problematic during "dire situations", situations that we don't create and that we're not equipped to heroically save any more, like we were in Wrath. The Chakra change is a quality-of-life change, one that I welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    [*]Chakra now lasts until cancelled. Because apparently Blizzard likes to cater to people wanting a stupid stance mechanic. Expect future nerfs incoming, to "balance" this.
    Why is this report tainted with bias? You have made it known that you do not agree with this change and are on record as saying it will never happen because Blizzard said so.

IMO this post can and will make newcomers to the forum and possibly even the priest class (that read this forum ofc) have a negative view on something that quite a few priest are happy about.

Once again... IMO I like the change. Let me pick a stance and stay in it. If I want to change my stance due to fight mechanics that's an option I have. Making things harder and clunkier than it should be so people can feel better than others is not what makes a game compelling.