Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,842
    Quote Originally Posted by luml View Post
    Clearly blizzard are just removing every bit of what made classes special making it flat out the same shit if you play mage lock shadowpriest
    Re: PVE

    I've posted here mainly as an spriest but before I did that, I had a frost mage for a main; a mage I now play again. They are nothing like each other in playstyle.

  2. #42
    What about the Dark Intent chance that is a direct nerf to all the Spriest, there normaly run with Lock's in group. That change will cost about 6% overall dmg for Spriest. Blizzard should cansel the Hotfix did 3 day's after Patch 4.0.6 where they Nerf Shadowpower from 25% - 15% as this nerf was strictly due to the synergy from the lock/sp bonds from DI (benefiting upwards of 2.5x that of a typical dps) in a raid enviroment.
    - I will agree at the time this nerf was needed.

    However, again, I cannot stress. THIS NERF was implemented due to DI- nothing else.

    Recent Change: DI being to 1% per stack instead of the old 3% (still remains 3% per stack on casting lock).

    So now that they change DI. I can only hope they will redo the old hotfix there nerf and raise Shadowpower from 15%-25% like it where before.

    us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2065568025?page=1#0
    Last edited by Liera; 2011-04-16 at 12:42 AM.

  3. #43
    We'll be fine. Just use mass dispel.

    I'd be complaining about Sin and Punishment tbh.

    And why is VE still in the game even? Healing us in the double digits is kind of pointless.

    80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

  4. #44
    It's so mages can bitch that "omg shadow priests heal themselves while doing damage? what do we get that's passive?"

    No, really. That's why it's still there, because that's all I've seen about it, lately.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  5. #45
    So is MS damage actually doubled in 4.1, or was that hotfixed in already ?

  6. #46
    One Question: was the 20% Shadow Dmg Nerf canceled? or is it just not in the official patchnotes?

  7. #47
    Dreadlord Shambulanced's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Maine, aka THE FROZEN NORTH
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It's so mages can bitch that "omg shadow priests heal themselves while doing damage? what do we get that's passive?"

    No, really. That's why it's still there, because that's all I've seen about it, lately.
    Which is funny, because Warlocks have Fel Armor (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=28176) as more or less baseline. Mages like to complain. To be fair, everybody likes to complain about mages, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by flick86 View Post
    It is not and never will be elitist to expect another player to know how to play his class and carry his own weight.
    #Blizzardplsdontdodis

  8. #48
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    So is MS damage actually doubled in 4.1, or was that hotfixed in already ?
    I think that happens with 4.1.

    I don't believe that it's in the game yet.

    Note 'think' and 'believe' but I'm [pretty] sure that's correct.

    ---------- Post added 2011-04-24 at 11:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmiklol View Post
    One Question: was the 20% Shadow Dmg Nerf canceled? or is it just not in the official patchnotes?
    Trying to remember. I think the Shadow Damage nerf was in 4.0.6 [??]. It's been in the game a while now. Not canceled that I know of.

    [paragraph deleted that will just piss people off so the life-is-too-short rule is enabled]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2011-04-25 at 07:06 AM.

  9. #49
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmiklol View Post
    One Question: was the 20% Shadow Dmg Nerf canceled? or is it just not in the official patchnotes?
    As far as I know, shadow power is still at 15% if that's what you're inquiring about? Dropped from 25% awhile back.

  10. #50
    Allright if they nerfed it allready they are only nerfing ous passivly with Dark Intent nerf now - seems ok as 6% arent the world

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Liera View Post
    What about the Dark Intent chance that is a direct nerf to all the Spriest, there normaly run with Lock's in group. That change will cost about 6% overall dmg for Spriest. Blizzard should cansel the Hotfix did 3 day's after Patch 4.0.6 where they Nerf Shadowpower from 25% - 15% as this nerf was strictly due to the synergy from the lock/sp bonds from DI (benefiting upwards of 2.5x that of a typical dps) in a raid enviroment.
    - I will agree at the time this nerf was needed.

    However, again, I cannot stress. THIS NERF was implemented due to DI- nothing else.

    Recent Change: DI being to 1% per stack instead of the old 3% (still remains 3% per stack on casting lock).

    So now that they change DI. I can only hope they will redo the old hotfix there nerf and raise Shadowpower from 15%-25% like it where before.

    us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2065568025?page=1#0
    Blizzard isn't smart enough to do stuff like that. They like to take shit away and then not give it back when they should. Look forward to keeping the 15% buff and most likely never, ever seeing the 25% buff again.

    ---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 04:03 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    We'll be fine. Just use mass dispel.

    I'd be complaining about Sin and Punishment tbh.

    And why is VE still in the game even? Healing us in the double digits is kind of pointless.
    I've asked myself that every single day since it was nerfed. Once again, they take an ability that was more or less unique to a certain class, nerf it, and give it to other classes in their attempt at homogenization.

    Nothing was wrong with it before they nerfed it. I never saw any spriest with the 15% VE skill standing atop a mountain, striking down anyone who dared attempt to attack them, while laughing and shrugging off any blows that came their way. The reduction from 15% to 6% was just....plain....retarded. The only thing they accomplished by this was making priests switch out of shadowform while questing because we don't heal for shit with VE. Which does nothing but annoy and piss spriests off.

    ---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 04:14 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceodoc View Post
    2) Orb RNG
    Well argued & documented reasons for giving us even just 1 cd to generate 1 orb. We remain the only (dps) class with a rng proc for mastery benefits, fair enough it makes for fun play, but the lack of an orb early on has such an impact on our overall dps, we need an ability to make even just 1 orb per fight, someway.
    I agree. There have been some boss fights where I will go through 2 or 3 ENTIRE DoT rotations (recasting DP and VT when they are about to drop off) before I ever get my first shadow orb to pop. Does Blizzard not realize how much DPS that is costing spriests? I mean, are they that f****** retarded? Come on Blizzard, use your heads for once when it comes to balancing priests. You've screwed us over for enough years as it is.

  12. #52
    Field Marshal RIP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NZ Fuckers
    Posts
    74
    Damn ivebeen out of the loop for quite a while, but what was the nerf to sin and punishment?, since ive been back, ive gotten my priest to 85, currently grinding heroics, i tend to top the dps tables capping out around 14-17k pre-raid gear, pretty happy with it, although i agree the wicked nerf to VE made leveling well, my manapool felt the brunt of the nerf more then anything.
    I am immortal, I cannot die
    I have inside me the blood of kings

  13. #53
    High Overlord angelz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Damn ivebeen out of the loop for quite a while, but what was the nerf to sin and punishment?, since ive been back, ive gotten my priest to 85, currently grinding heroics, i tend to top the dps tables capping out around 14-17k pre-raid gear, pretty happy with it, although i agree the wicked nerf to VE made leveling well, my manapool felt the brunt of the nerf more then anything.
    How'd u do that 14k-17k in blue gear?
    cause i was always struggling in hc's with that i think id only hit 7-10k
    atm i do fine
    but im still wondering how'd u did it !
    Could ya maybe post a ss from it?

  14. #54
    The DI nerf brings us back in to line. We'll still be very competitive and even tops on some fights. Keep in mind its also a nerf to boomkins and fire mages (though not to the same extent, except in certain situations - I can see fire mage Halfus DPS being hit pretty hard, for example).

    If you are barely ahead/in the pack with DI pre-nerf, with equal gear, across all fights, you're a bad shadow priest.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I've asked myself that every single day since it was nerfed. Once again, they take an ability that was more or less unique to a certain class, nerf it, and give it to other classes in their attempt at homogenization.

    Nothing was wrong with it before they nerfed it. I never saw any spriest with the 15% VE skill standing atop a mountain, striking down anyone who dared attempt to attack them, while laughing and shrugging off any blows that came their way. The reduction from 15% to 6% was just....plain....retarded. The only thing they accomplished by this was making priests switch out of shadowform while questing because we don't heal for shit with VE. Which does nothing but annoy and piss spriests off.
    The nerf from 15% to 6% stopped people from bringing Shadow Priests for the simple fact of "They just don't die". Aura damage? hard hitting slow pulses? Who needs to heal the Shadow Priest, they'll just heal themselves. In a world where mana was supposed to matter, having Vampiric Embrace at 15% destroyed any concept of balance. But, Shadow can still spend a global to keep themselves alive through burst, it just doesn't come automatically.

    I agree. There have been some boss fights where I will go through 2 or 3 ENTIRE Living Bomb cycles (as well as refreshing Scorch, etc) before I ever get my first Hot Streak to pop. Does Blizzard not realize how much DPS that is costing Fire Mages? I mean, are they that f****** retarded? Come on Blizzard, use your heads for once when it comes to balancing mages. You've screwed us over for enough years as it is.
    Same argument, only changed the pronouns. Drop the QQ.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    The nerf from 15% to 6% stopped people from bringing Shadow Priests for the simple fact of "They just don't die". Aura damage? hard hitting slow pulses? Who needs to heal the Shadow Priest, they'll just heal themselves. In a world where mana was supposed to matter, having Vampiric Embrace at 15% destroyed any concept of balance. But, Shadow can still spend a global to keep themselves alive through burst, it just doesn't come automatically.
    And the 15% healing would still not save you from stupidity or one-shot-kill mechanics. If you stand in the fire, the 15% won't save you. If you get cleaved, the 15% still won't save you. Sure, it did help bring spriests back up if they got hit by something not as powerful as a cleave, and let healers focus on other people first in the healing priority, but big deal. That was a niche the shadow priest was in. It definitely wasn't OP by any means. Just helped out a little bit. And in terms of pvp, if you can't kill a shadow priest when they still had the 15% healing buff, they you must really suck at pvp and need to learn to play or just quit pvp all together. The 15% healing in the old VE was meant primarily for keeping yourself alive while questing and soloing. And now that they've nerfed it, it doesn't do that job very well at all, considering you have to pop out of shadowform after every so many mob kills to heal yourself up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Same argument, only changed the pronouns. Drop the QQ.
    Mages have no room to complain. They've pretty much always been in a good position when it comes to pvp or pve. Priests on the other hand have had some major nerfs and been next to useless at times (or at least very undesirable compared to other classes). Considering mages still have two other specs to dps with if they don't think fire is working properly, and priests ONLY have the one spec to choose from that still has the stupid RNG mastery. I don't think they even come close in comparison.

  17. #57
    If Blizzard subscribed to the policy of compensating for time spent shitty, then shamans would rule the world. Alas.

    Frost is not competitive with fire in PvE, and you may think, after the buffs, arcane sounds good, but have you ever played an arcane mage? It's so mind numbingly boring, even when the numbers were good in Wrath. We'll have to wait and see how they do post-4.1.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Shartadin View Post
    If Blizzard subscribed to the policy of compensating for time spent shitty, then shamans would rule the world. Alas.

    Frost is not competitive with fire in PvE, and you may think, after the buffs, arcane sounds good, but have you ever played an arcane mage? It's so mind numbingly boring, even when the numbers were good in Wrath. We'll have to wait and see how they do post-4.1.
    I was not stating that priests should be compensated for time spent shitty. I was merely pointing out the fact that to compare mages to priests in terms of who gets screwed over more right now, the mages really have NOTHING to complain about. I also stated that if a mage isn't happy with the way fire works, they do still have TWO other specs to use for dps. Priests have ONE total. Are the other two specs necessarily as good as fire? Not always, but at least mages have OPTIONS.

    And arcane being boring is in the eye of the beholder. Just because you don't like playing it, doesn't mean that other people feel the same way. If you don't like the way fire works, then you can switch to the other two specs for some variety. If priests don't like the way shadow works now because of the way blizzard tweaks them, guess what? They're shit out of luck. They either have to stay with the crappier class/spec, or reroll if they want to do better. So once again, the example someone used of comparing fire mages to spriests does not work at all. Period.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2011-04-25 at 06:17 PM.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    And the 15% healing would still not save you from stupidity or one-shot-kill mechanics. If you stand in the fire, the 15% won't save you. If you get cleaved, the 15% still won't save you. Sure, it did help bring spriests back up if they got hit by something not as powerful as a cleave, and let healers focus on other people first in the healing priority, but big deal. That was a niche the shadow priest was in. It definitely wasn't OP by any means.
    Have you done Chimaeron? with 15% it was lol ez to heal yourself above 10k by just doing damage, now with 6% you have to get an actual heal.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil View Post
    Have you done Chimaeron? with 15% it was lol ez to heal yourself above 10k by just doing damage, now with 6% you have to get an actual heal.
    Not that I completely agree with him, but that is kind of his point. At 22k DPS, to put yourself above 10k health at 6% healing takes about 7.5s. Obviously, ymmv since DPS isn't constant. However, VE combined with a bit of splash healing does make it pretty easy still to keep up a spriest on Chim. I know from watching my own health, I *need* very, very little direct healing on that fight. It's really only if you get hit by 2 in a row that you might be a little iffy (which obviously happens, thats where the splash comes in).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •