10+ Year Old Account

Epic Gems in 4.2?

Will we be getting epic gem cuts in 4.2 with Firelands? Any word on that yet?

Doubtful, I haven't heard or seen anything about them being released. Back in Wrath, epic gems weren't released until TOC (third tier of raiding). If Cataclysm follows a similar time line, we will not be seeing them being released until the raid tier after Firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoddy28 View Post
    Doubtful, I haven't heard or seen anything about them being released. Back in Wrath, epic gems weren't released until TOC (third tier of raiding). If Cataclysm follows a similar time line, we will not be seeing them being released until the raid tier after Firelands.
    True but there were the epic gems from the fishing daily in 3.1. Maybe they will add something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
    True but there were the epic gems from the fishing daily in 3.1. Maybe they will add something like that.
    Not quiet the same. They were unique. IMO to far to decide ToC content afaik was unplanned.

Deleted
    Just remember, they'll have to buff the JC gems to be +27 better than the new epic gems and then they'll have to raise every single profession bonus in line with that change.

And I can't see Blizz happily handing out free stat points until the gear levels improve to the point that these figures aren't a significant % anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    Just remember, they'll have to buff the JC gems to be +27 better than the new epic gems and then they'll have to raise every single profession bonus in line with that change.

And I can't see Blizz happily handing out free stat points until the gear levels improve to the point that these figures aren't a significant % anymore.
    Good point..

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recently did a number of post at Just My Two Copper, some of them regarding this topic, I think you should check it out

Links to the articles can be found here and here

Hope I helped

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest... I think they'll be in 4.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
    I saw something a couple months back about epic gems from fishing dailies again... if I find the post I'll edit this with a link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mageshadow View Post
    To be honest... I think they'll be in 4.3
    Indeed
    /10char

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Four point three :P

It will probably happen in 4.3 as the wrath ones appeared after uld (excluding the fishing ones). just a open guess..

Dragon Soul 4/8 Heroic <Strife> Hellscream EU! ->Armory<-
    Proud owner of Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/search/all/Blazejewel/

They are in the database. Note the Unique Equiped (1). Gonna have to start doing fishing dailies again in a future patch sometime :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i prepared for 4.2 release of gems but it may be a little early honestly. 100 JC tokens /cheer
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdx View Post
    Not quiet the same. They were unique. IMO to far to decide ToC content afaik was unplanned.
    If it was unplanned, why was the map in the Blizzcon BEFORE Wrath came out when some guild had to fight all the wrath 5man bosses at once, they used the ToC arena map with thrall janina and the king all in view

Pretty sure the epic gems will come in 4.3 to balance out the stat jump, question is how, new type of ore, CoT raid or what?!