Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    I might be misunderstanding something but isn't that log from March 1st? and according to the tanks link that is when the kill happened, however it looks like he aquired a bunch of gear before the kill, the healer I couldn't see the feed didn't go back that far.

Was DPS that was obtained other than Ironstar Amulet, Symbiotic Worm, and Relic of Khaz'goroth. Rest of the gear obtained before was all dps gear as you can see it's either not even gemmed/enchanted or gemmed/enchanted for dps. We haven't exactly been the luckiest on tank drops.

We haven't exactly been the luckiest on tank drops.
    I feel your pain.

We have alot of shaman/hunter/rogue loot that drops which is a reason our shaman got geared so fast including shoulders off Cho'Gall his first week raiding with us. Everything else is good luck if it drops I still haven't seen a wand from Chimaeron or bracers from Atramedes!

We just got our first Heroic Halfus kill last week, and it does kind of bug me when people mock the fight as being a complete joke as my opinion differs.

Hawt, it's clear that you got the kill and that the profiles you lister were people that were there, but just because the guy is logged out in Viscious PVP gear doesn't mean that's what he was wearing. His activity only shows a few pieces obtained before that date, but we really have no idea what he was wearing going into that fight. In full PVP gear, I would argue that he has nowhere near the avoidance most tanks would have and his stacks from Halfus would skyrocket. Regardless, Halfus can be tanked by a much weaker tank and be perfectly manageable, and I'm sure Hazex's gear is far more suitable. As for the shaman, his gear was certainly reflective of his performance as he was carried by a geared Resto druid (which druids are insane on that fight) and a shield + smite spamming Disc priest (also kinda nuts on that fight). The other thing that jumped out to me was the rogue that tunnel-visioned the boss (no doubt for interrupts) and pulled 60k dps, and the pro mage that virtually single-handedly dealt with the whelps and finished at 62k dps. The whelps and Time Warden were dead in under 90 seconds and from there, yes the fight is a joke.

So the real answer is: if you never miss an interrupt, have at least one beast tank for the drakes/whelps (we 2-tanked our kill as well), at least two dps that can sustain 55k+ dps and burst for a ton more, and at least two pro heals, then yeah the fight ain't too bad. Al'Akir requires no interrupts, only one moderately-geared tank, 3 decent heals, 6 decent dps, and can monitor the golden rule of "don't stand in the bad". So whichever of those two scenarios fits your guild better will be the easier boss.

-Judge

I find that Heroic Halfus(25) is all about rotating cooldowns, and tank swapping. Once you get into the hang of communicating in vent, calling for pain sups ect, you'll find him REALLY easy. Our guild has 1-shotted him the past 2-3 weeks or so.

As for Al'akir Normal I haven't done him on 25 but if you can manage to get past the first phase, you should try to go for the kill on him. The rest is pretty damn easy.

GL with whatever you choose =)

10 man : Halfus HC harder than Al'Akir Normal.
    25 man : Halfus HC easier than Al'Akir Normal.

My guild found Heroic Halfus significantly easier then Al'Akir in 10 man.

We just got our first Heroic Halfus kill last week, and it does kind of bug me when people mock the fight as being a complete joke as my opinion differs.
    Well, it's not a complete joke, you need to know the basic mechanics. But in terms of the difficultly once you get all the mechanics, it's really a complete joke. Nothing changes on the fight, no RNG issues, no tough enrage / hard timing transition, etc. We've been having issues with tanks staying in the guild, and Tuesday we brought a tank in greens to tank one of the drakes along w/ a slightly better geared alt tank (read: no greens) to tank whelps + a drake. Gear wasn't even close to an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    Lol. this is a joke right?
    Raid comp wise ok 10 man is easier but in 25 man 25 people have to avoid fireballs and you have alot of more melee than in 10 man and space to choose from can easy be messed up.

We used 2 tanks for heroic halfus one being in vicious pvp gear and a healer with greens in 10m. That's how easy heroic halfus is. Al'Akir is a joke too though

LOL i like this troll's style!

I didn't realize you could begin hardmodes before completing 12/12 normal.

Well, strategy-wise, yes, Halfus Heroic is easier, its not all that much more complex than normal version. On the contrary, its more of a gear check, esp for your tanks and somewhat your healers.

I personally have only done Heroic Halfus in 25m but have done Al'akir in 10m normal. And i can say that Al'akir was FAR easier. We had only killed Al'akir once in 25m and we walked in with a 10m team (Having not been to Al'akir in about 3-4 weeks) and 2 shot him.

Heroic Halfus might be easier on the tanks and heals in 10m. But IMO, if your raid is very good at gimmicky movement fights, go for Al'akir. Or if you have had trouble on Movement related encounters but your raid is just really good at dps/healing, go for Halfus.

The two fights are VERY different in the way there executed, so it depends on what your raid is better at. That being said for 372 loots, you might be more swayed to go wipe on halfus 15times then get Al'akir down in 5 attempts and only get randomised 359 stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgejoebrwn View Post

Hawt, it's clear that you got the kill and that the profiles you lister were people that were there, but just because the guy is logged out in Viscious PVP gear doesn't mean that's what he was wearing. His activity only shows a few pieces obtained before that date, but we really have no idea what he was wearing going into that fight. In full PVP gear, I would argue that he has nowhere near the avoidance most tanks would have and his stacks from Halfus would skyrocket. Regardless, Halfus can be tanked by a much weaker tank and be perfectly manageable, and I'm sure Hazex's gear is far more suitable. As for the shaman, his gear was certainly reflective of his performance as he was carried by a geared Resto druid (which druids are insane on that fight) and a shield + smite spamming Disc priest (also kinda nuts on that fight). The other thing that jumped out to me was the rogue that tunnel-visioned the boss (no doubt for interrupts) and pulled 60k dps, and the pro mage that virtually single-handedly dealt with the whelps and finished at 62k dps. The whelps and Time Warden were dead in under 90 seconds and from there, yes the fight is a joke.

So the real answer is: if you never miss an interrupt, have at least one beast tank for the drakes/whelps (we 2-tanked our kill as well), at least two dps that can sustain 55k+ dps and burst for a ton more, and at least two pro heals, then yeah the fight ain't too bad. Al'Akir requires no interrupts, only one moderately-geared tank, 3 decent heals, 6 decent dps, and can monitor the golden rule of "don't stand in the bad". So whichever of those two scenarios fits your guild better will be the easier boss.

-Judge
    He had the epics shown that are not gemmed for tank in his activity log which are some offset pieces. Mainset pieces such as Head, chest, shoulders, legs, and gloves were vicious and rest of offset pieces were some vicious gear and heroic tanking blues. What made the difference was my divine aegis from high atonement crits and straight up PW: S on Atrain making it viable for him to actually tank Halfus with the gear he had. He logs in PvP gear because recently our GM quit playing the game so we stopped raiding. The fight is a joke fight

Deleted
    Took my guild about 10 wipes to take Al'akir and oneshot halfus.

Quote Originally Posted by Aieoz View Post
    Both fights are so easy that you could easily get them both down in a night.
    Well, you're ret, so its not like you have any actual responsibility during a boss either.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    Well, you're ret, so its not like you have any actual responsibility during a boss either.
    lol the class he posts on makes the fights easier than reality...good one..

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends. Do your guildmates understand the concept of "don't get caught by the tornadoes"? Mine seem to like eating every goddamn tornado passing by them and thus Al'akir is painful to say the least. Strangely enough they seem to have no problems on other fights, including HCs, but Al'akir is just beyond some of them. I can't wait till we start doing HC Al'akir.

Post-nerf, heroic halfus is easier then nef, al'akir or cho'gall.

Atleast from a ten man healer PoV. (When I can accidentally stay in my pvp gear and spec and not even notice... well, ya...)