Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwine View Post
    Does this mean they are getting rid of Mend Pet. Healing your pet during a fight. They said feeding your pet now heals it, but not during combat.
    Explain?

I liked the Happiness thing, like taking care of a Pet. ;-D
    There are two mend pet glyphs, more than likely they one that got changed is the minor one, that increased happiness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    Glyph of Mend Pet made Loyalty a pointless thing long ago. And the defining thing for Hunter Pets has always been the fact that they're entirely customisable, IMO.
    Agreed.

Pet loyalty has no real place in the game right now. If you use a ferocity pet then your pet keeps ITSELF happy. At that point why even have pet loyalty in the first place? It serves no real purpose at max level because a hunters pet is ALWAYS happy.

People say that pet loyalty defined the hunter class. What, pressing mend pet once or twice every time you res your pet is the thing that defines the hunter class? Really?

The main reason this is being removed is probably to make the hunter class easier to understand at low levels. At low levels before you can afford or get glyph of mend pet it's very time consuming and annoying to keep your pet happy. It can take like 10 food to get a pet that just died back to full happiness, or a pet that you just tamed. It's just annoying and didn't really add anything to the class at all. Did you feel closer to your pet because you had to feed it 10 times over 3 minutes? Well I certainly didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by awayfromlife View Post
    Indeed; being a hunter was more than just having a pet, it was treating it right.. it's not just a stat stick; but an extension of who we are... I wonder if next they'll remove the ability for us to name them; make us more like the other "pet" classes.
    It's a bunch of pixels in a video game? Get over it? The happiness system is annoying and not needed. Glad to see it go.

tbh, it was fucking meaningless, almost all had that Minor Glyph that made it just something where you had to click you Mend Pet ability.

So basically feeding pet is useless even when low level... meh I kind of found that to make the Hunter class more unique, keeping your pet happy and groomed, e.g. RP or not it is an aspect now lost and feeding pets is a total useless ability. I see the positive side but on one hand it just makes it even easier being your class (keeping pets happy required attention while leveling, but not anymore).

Back when there was ranks of loyalty, it meant something. Atm its fairly redundant

Deleted
    Wanna feed your pet still?

/e feeds <name> a piece of <food>

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    Glyph of Mend Pet made Loyalty a pointless thing long ago. And the defining thing for Hunter Pets has always been the fact that they're entirely customisable, IMO.
    This and the talent points on some pet classes that allow happiness to be gained. Hunters don't even need to monitor this anymore, so there really is no point for it.

lol at those who think being a hunter was to treat their pet...

Being a hunter for me has developed into finding myself pushing "g" (keybind for mend pet) like every third second.. I do it without thinking any more. I try to quit, but it's become a bad habit, thank you for making me never have to spam it outside of combat again!
    Gonna take a while to getting used to not pushing mend pet twice a minute but yay no more nobrainspamming!

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally would rather seem them get rid of the stupid Glyph and talents, and bring back loyalty. IMO, if your too stupid to figure out a simple mechanic such as feeding your pet, then roll an F'ing mage, lock, DK or any other class with a stupid gimmick pet. The Hunter is the primo caretaker of animals in the wild, and it didnt take a surgeon to figure out how to carry around two stacks of food with you and feed it. But yet again, Blizz listened to the dumbass Hunters out there that QQed about Loyalty and feeding their pet.

Going AFK in a city, dismiss your pet. Pet hungry, do you you should be doing in real life morons, and feed your damn pet. Pet ran away, L2TakeCareofHim. There is no difference between a casual hunter and a hardcore hunter in terms of having to feed one. I STILL carry 3 stacks of food with my pet, and BTW, with bag sizes reaching 24-26 slots each, even a stack of food isnt that damn hard to carry around.

People that are complaining that it was all to hard or complicated are the Hunters that are defined by the derogitory HUNTARD. Those are probably the same Hunters that cried because they couldn't figure out the double-Ice trap method as well.

Quote Originally Posted by linamus View Post
    Loyalty was the thing that dis.. whats the word.. defined-the-type of Hunter pet against any other class pet. So yea, it does mean a lot
    I think taming any pet you want is what made hunters different than other pet classes (and of course lack of self heals, worst pet rez mechanics, etc.).