10+ Year Old Account

[Anime/Manga] Looking to get back into looking at manga and anime.

Ok forgive my heathen ways .I used to be a big fan of the old manga and anime shows on tv etc but as time went on i moved on with other things and it slowly pettered away .Now i,d like to start watching streaming or downloading them again etc.
    What i am asking the fellow MMO-Champ community is for recommendations of any i should catch up on fast .personnally i,ve been keeping up wiht bleach but i,m a die hard tech nut love major fights with mechs always did (probably explains my love of robotech).So just wondering is there any shows i should be aware of and yes i could browse the web for info but tbh this is faster and i get poeples perspective of different shows not just mechs involved.
    Last edited by Lezarin; 2011-03-10 at 08:11 AM. Reason: My spelling is retarded sometimes
    Faith Manages

Tengen poppa gurren lagan
    gaiking the legend of daiku mairyu (google anime the hylia for this one)
    gaogaigar these three are awesome tech ones

For manga one piece, medaka box, hitman reborn, toriko

Theses are just a few

Gundam 00 is a good one. ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    cheers for teh replies will google them laters should wet my appetite a bit hehe.
    Faith Manages

ergo proxy is amazing.
    code geass is great if you like mech fights
    darker than black if you like fights as well
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Deleted
    Code geass seems to fit your requirements.
    Awesome animé, great plot, great character developement.

Seriously, look it up. i think you'll love it

10+ Year Old Account
    will check out code geass seems to be popping up alot .cheers for teh replies people much obliged
    Faith Manages

Gundam Unicorn is also out. You can even get it from the playstation network. It comes in like 6 different dub languages.
    Episode 3 just came out a couple of days ago. They seem to be releasing it in monthly installments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    Gundam Unicorn is also out. You can even get it from the playstation network. It comes in like 6 different dub languages.
    Episode 3 just came out a couple of days ago. They seem to be releasing it in monthly installments.
    To be more precise it;s an OVA with about 4-6 months or so maybe 8 between each episodes release.

As for my advice try a series called Dual great series done by the guy who did tenchi muyo with kickass mechs oh and trust me Zinv is abadass

Godannar basicallya rip on 70s mecha series

Gravion alsoa rip on 70s mecha series

Aquarion nice show with jets that combine to forma mech of insane power

Kurogane no Linebarrels alot of fun here and an emotiondrive unit too boot.

Golion/Volron

Pretty much any gundam series just ya know be ready for the recent ones to suck compared to the old ones.

that should be enough for now since i need some more sleep anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    i recommend Full Metal Alchemist

so far, its the best Manga i have ever read. great story, awsome characters and character development, and not to mention badass fight scenes. unfortunatly, the series is over, but still an amazing read

i also enjoy Soul Eater, but dunno if you will like that. its more fantasy than anything else

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye i,ve always been a big mecha fan unfortuantly watched a few of the full metal alchemists ones i,ll look into that duel on and a few others stated i did have a look at the newer gundams...i nearly cried there was horrible will stick to the originals lol.

but cheers for all this pps got plenty to catch up on .
    Faith Manages

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lezarin View Post
    Aye i,ve always been a big mecha fan unfortuantly watched a few of the full metal alchemists ones i,ll look into that duel on and a few others stated i did have a look at the newer gundams...i nearly cried there was horrible will stick to the originals lol.

but cheers for all this pps got plenty to catch up on .
    To say that about the new gundams you sir have taste. Afor dual it's with an a not an E seeing as it is meant to mean 2 or multiple as in multiple worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you're a Mecha fan you'll love Code Geass, AMAZING show, awesome characters, great story and some really wierd mechs the first series isn't TOO mech heavy, there's alot of fights, but it's mostly production line mechs, in the second series the writers must have started huffing paint or something, because the mechs go CRAZY OTT :P
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    if you're a Mecha fan you'll love Code Geass, AMAZING show, awesome characters, great story and some really wierd mechs the first series isn't TOO mech heavy, there's alot of fights, but it's mostly production line mechs, in the second series the writers must have started huffing paint or something, because the mechs go CRAZY OTT :P
    LOL quite true though in exchange the story in 2 took a nosdeive also fanservice wnet up byt about 200% in season 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah but it all tied up quite well, so I can forgive em :P still <3 Lelouch <3
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I am a huge fan of Soul Eater if you have Netflix they have it on the instant que. Also Black Blood Brothers is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    watched the first episode of code geass was a bit mehhh .but after seeing others say it dont warm up till season 2 i,ll go watch more as i can go wihtt he flow tbh .
    Faith Manages

I've been watching a lot of animes i haven't seen on Netflix lately, and so far i'd recommend in order:

1) DesertPunk - this really grew on me and if you're the least bit cynical you'll probably grow to love the main character, i was completely shocked at how good it was but i was disappointed with the latter half of it and how there was no continuation of episodes. Honestly i was really pissed they didn't make more episodes featuring the original DesertPunk.

2) Basilisk - I thought this was pretty good, not great, but good. If you liked Ninja Scroll or Naruto i think you'll sort of like this but again the ending disappointed me, otherwise i thought it was suprisingly good.

These are both very adult oriented anime's mostly because DesertPunk is a pervert but endearing/funny one, and Basilisk is hardcore, like NinjaScroll hardcore with adult themes like implications of rape, but it adds to the evilness of characters/world.

This does not include my favorite anime which is Naruto Shippuden even tho it moves so slow right now, or the ones i saw that are okay but not really something i'd recommend as strongly(Blassreiter, ShinYusomething(can't remember full name but it was okay)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lezarin View Post
    Ok forgive my heathen ways .I used to be a big fan of the old manga and anime shows on tv etc but as time went on i moved on with other things and it slowly pettered away .Now i,d like to start watching streaming or downloading them again etc.
    What i am asking the fellow MMO-Champ community is for recommendations of any i should catch up on fast .personnally i,ve been keeping up wiht bleach but i,m a die hard tech nut love major fights with mechs always did (probably explains my love of robotech).So just wondering is there any shows i should be aware of and yes i could browse the web for info but tbh this is faster and i get poeples perspective of different shows not just mechs involved.
    Recommended manga:
    Berserk
    Battle Angel Alita (and after that Gunnm: Last Order, it's a continuation.)
    Vinland Saga

All three of them have really really really amazing artwork in them.

---------- Post added 2011-03-14 at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    yeah but it all tied up quite well, so I can forgive em :P still <3 Lelouch <3
    LEEEEEEEEEELOOOUUUUUUUUUCHEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!
    Can't find the video though.

Code Geass is horribly bad.

OMG can't believe I forgot to mention Full Metal Panic! and Full Metal Panic! TSR (The Second Raid). It's probably one of the best mecha action series out. Full of comedy and awesome action. They also had an in between season called Fumoffu which focuses on the 2 main characters life at school. It is a pure comedy arc, but it includes a lot of the story that's in the novel, but not in the 2 anime I mentioned.