Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    just want to point out:

The artist is actually the guy who did RAVE MASTER( Groove Adventure Rave) and his name is, Hiro Mashima.
    Oda is the guy who does One Piece.
    this I know...except for the name of the guy who made FT. OP is my favorite manga/anime, but I have seen some similarities between the two franchises.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Deleted
    It not really fits that much into the category you're searching for... but... give Cowboy Bebop a try... it's AMAZING.
    Best about it is the Soundtrack. (not that the show is bad, the Soundtrack is just incredibly amazing)
    A 2004 poll in Newtype USA, the US edition of the Japanese magazine Newtype, asked its readers to rank the "Top 25 Anime Titles of All Time"; Cowboy Bebop placed second on a list that included such anime as Mobile Suit Gundam.[8][9] The American Anime magazine Anime Insider (No. 50, November 2007) ranked the 50 Best Anime by compiling lists of industry regulars and magazine staff, with Cowboy Bebop ranked as #1. In 2009, IGN published a list of the "Top 100 Animated Series", on which Cowboy Bebop placed fourteenth, making it the second highest ranking anime on the list.[10]
    T.H.E.M Anime Reviews said the series has "sophistication and subtlety that is practically one-of-a-kind" and that "puts most anime...and Hollywood, to shame."[11]

On May 16, 2006 IGN published an article by Josh Pool entitled "Top Ten Anime Themes and Soundtracks of All-Time." Cowboy Bebop was listed as number one, "And the winner is Bebop! Yoko Kanno strikes again. From beginning to end this may be one of the best anime ever and certainly is tops when it comes to music."
    And to top it off - a live action film has been planned since 2008 (contracts signed, etc... think of it like the warcraft movie, so ~no progress yet) which will star KEANU REEVES as Spike. Not that I think he would ever be a good Spike, but hey, it's Keanu Reeves.

Something else you might maybe like is Trigun... has a Supernatural touch, some fighting, some comedy and IIRC a rather good soundtrack, too... kinda old tho :/

I might be a little old fashioned but maybe some Ranma 1/2, xxxHolic (not what you think, it's about superstitions and the like), Boogiepop Phantom, and if you don't mind a live action film, Battle Royale

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    lately ive been wanting to watch more and more anime. im up to currently following the storylines of about 9 including oldies such as "bleach,naruto, and recently finished a few older ones i didnt finish seeing in my youth "outlaw star, yu-yu hakusho" so i started watching some new anime that came out this year. but while there storylines are fixing them selves up are there any that came out in the past year or 2 that have enough action in them to keep me interested yet have a good storyline and a mystery in them?

my current are.

Bleach
    Naruto
    Freezing
    Zombie Desu "name is too long to remember but the 1st 2 words will let you find it"
    and beleive it or not with team rocket gone..pokemon is actually good and not goofy

ive tried 1 called Go sick but im not in to detective types. so anyone know a few?
    Well it seems you're into all the series I hate, but I'll recommend some I've liked myself.

I demand a lot of substance from what I watch, so I'm extremely selective.

Mushishi would be the first. It's a very beautiful, calm anime about a man walking around Japan, curing people from "infections" of Mushishi or helping them with problems related to them. Doesn't sound like much, but it's really nice. If you like things from Ghibli (which this isn't but might resemble) you might like Mushishi.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzV2wChxzH0

Something on your lane might be Noein - To My Other Self, a series about alternate realities and all it brings with it, and a young boy and girls struggle when confronted with this alternate world. I don't like it anymore myself, sorta grown out of it, but I think it might be something you could like.
    I can't find a decent video for it.

Then there's Blue Submarine no.6, an excellent and very touching anime. The story is sorta summed up with this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arjslNGI-u0
    But only very basicly. The main story is covered in that trailer, but all the flavor of the characters isn't shown, nor how two of the characters from opposing sides form a strong bond. The conclussion of this anime are among one of the most touching I've seen. Just ignore the out-dated 3D animation on the battles, it was one of the first anime to use such and therefor it doesn't look very good in comparison to what there is now. But all other animation in the series is top-notch.

In junction with that, Last Exile. Same creator, very different story. One of the most beautiful anime made. A must-see for any anime fan.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ihTR...eature=related

10+ Year Old Account
    Darker than Black.
    Amazing anime, and one of the few which will puzzle you forever.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi View Post
    It not really fits that much into the category you're searching for... but... give Cowboy Bebop a try... it's AMAZING.
    Best about it is the Soundtrack. (not that the show is bad, the Soundtrack is just incredibly amazing)

And to top it off - a live action film has been planned since 2008 (contracts signed, etc... think of it like the warcraft movie, so ~no progress yet) which will star KEANU REEVES as Spike. Not that I think he would ever be a good Spike, but hey, it's Keanu Reeves.

Something else you might maybe like is Trigun... has a Supernatural touch, some fighting, some comedy and IIRC a rather good soundtrack, too... kinda old tho :/
    And Cowboy Bebop yes, it's really good.

But I honestly hope they don't do the live action movie. I really really hope they don't, because Hollywood would completely destroy it. Using Keanu Reeves as Spike just goes to show how they have absolutely no clue.

Great suggestions so far, I noticed Gurren Lagann was already mentioned- I just finished watching it, absolutely fantastic anime. I loved Death Note, Gantz, Berserk, Bleach, Naruto: Shippudden, and Claymore, although the manga tends to be better than its anime counterpart. If I were you, I'd read instead of watch, you get into the real experience of it more, give the characters your own voices and stuff. Maybe thats just me embracing my inner nerd, but it's been enjoyable so far, don't plan on stopping anytime soon

Also, Cartoon Network classics like Rurouni Kenshin and Yuyu Hakusho and DBZ are always a great choice!

WHen approaching anime, first thing you need to do is to stop watching Bleach, Naruto and overlenghtly dwelling on Full metal alchemist and Dragon Ball. These anime were made to impress very young audience and if you hype on em too much, it will only show how easily fanciable person you are.
    After clearing these things up, just consult popular anime lists and compare them to your non easily fanciable friends' opinions. As for some examples, ill support Darker than black for the moment. Also i stronly suggest to watch anime subtitled with original voices, this way you might not catch ear cancer when listening to US dub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortTermCrook View Post
    Also i stronly suggest to watch anime subtitled with original voices, this way you might not catch ear cancer when listening to US dub.
    Aaaaamen to that!
    Short while ago I watched a clip from Hellsing on Youtube... (Hellsing Ultimate Episode 2, the part where Luke Valentine gets killed)
    The US dub sucks SO BAD... I'm from germany and I watched Hellsing (the normal series) in german first, when it was on TV. I really liked the dub, sounded natural... then I watched an episode with the english dub and wanted to shoot myself. Noticed this at several other animes, too... of course, there are bad german dubs too (naruto in german is just plain dumb... no blood and all -.-), but most are at least better then english dubs... but nothing compares to the original japanese voices with english subtitles. (I'm only watching with english subtitles, german kinda suck :/)

Short version: !!!!!Always!!!!! watch with Japanese "Dub" and english Sub. (or no Sub if you speak Japanese)

Hi all, first post =D
    Its a little on the kid side but still one of my favorites is Hunter x Hunter, also Berserk but read the manga, the anime will probably piss ya off with the ending. Fate: Stay/Night is another good one, oh and Black Lagoon too

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Martian Sucessor: Nadesico, uhm... Anything with giant robots.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have watched a few. I prefer the more "realistic" looking animes over the chibi styled ones.

On the top of my head that hasn't been mentioned yet(i think):
    Black Lagoon as well as it's 2nd season. A bit cheesy, but i loved it.
    Highschool of the dead - It has zombies and oversized breasts, which could be good or bad depending how you look at it. Well paced action/drama. Still in the making(as in, they're still making new episodes). Need i say more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fairy Tail is supposedly somewhat similar to One Piece and Naruto, I haven't watched it myself though, so I can't say for sure. But it looks like it could suit your tastes.
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann really is a must see for all anime fans. It begins as awesome and by the end escalates exponentially to a level of epic above all else.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica :P

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Pretty much the same set up as Gundam Wing but done 10x better.
    Air Gear - Fun to watch, good action.
    Bible Black - You know you want it.
    Welcome to the NHK - Short but very funny.
    Love Hina - Don't ask, just watch.

Also, all of Studio Ghibli's movies are great to watch. I highly recommend them.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2011-03-10 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Added more to the list

I can recommend Gintama, its a Comedy Anime, and properly one of the best i have ever seen, it is around 200 episodes so far and still going with the new season starting in April.

It doesnt really have a "storyline" but rather alot of story arcs following 3 characters. It has a lot of fighting and funny scenes however, it does not have a lot of gore and stuff.
    Last edited by Synithin; 2011-03-10 at 11:37 AM.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

you will not regret it

Why havnt someone mentioned Full Metal Panic, and all it's sequels.
    Hellsing is also one of my top favo, (manga is better thou)

Or if you want a short anime where you can laugh your ass off every ep? Then you can watch "MM!"

10+ Year Old Account
    to second the people whove already said it...
    Death Note (Classic, AMAZING start, sadly let down by a less than great ending)
    Last Exile (pure steampunk perfection, amazing animation, good characters an a fantastic story)
    Darker Than Black (has one of the best 'special power systems' for lack of a better word, in any series ever)
    Code Geass 1&2 (just...WOW Lelouch is a pimp, and shows that you dont need big muscles or amazing powers to ROCK, you just need a good mind)
    the Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (the second season wasn't great, but the first season and the movie are OUTSTANDING)
    Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 (these are OVA, not full series, but still just... WUT)
    Eden of the East (great series, makes 24 looks straight forward in comparrison, make sure you watch the Movies, King of Eden and paradise lost)
    Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (blows the old series out of the water, SO good)
    Welcome to the NHK (the manga is ALOT better, but the series is still good)
    Elfen Lied (the ending is a bit...abrupt, if you want to see the real ending read the manga)
    Black Lagoon (modern day pirates! nuff said.)
    just started watching Clannad, wierd show, but it's got alot of potential, I've also heard great things about Gosick and Fractale.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

hmm ive noticed alot of these ive seen before ,some are hentai and quite a few are over 7 years olf or older.