Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Try Death Note ( 37 episodes only ) and One Piece, believe me, you wont regret it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Last Exile, Death Note, Code Geass and Eden of the East are good too.

There's a new movie series by the people who make geass/gundam called Breakblade, but its currently unfinished.
    Ther term is OVA/OAD. Basically direct to video or special items only ya know badass. Also since i';m replying to this guy i may as well mention Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple it should fit what ya want also Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou may work as well oh and Needless is a good sries as well as long as you don;t mind the main charcter weakness being that he's a pedo though.

---------- Post added 2011-03-11 at 02:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Pretty much the same set up as Gundam Wing but done 10x better.
    To say this you sir must be on crack. While season 1 was indeed great stuff season and the movie were MASSIVE letdowns. Ironically if season 2 ahd done better i would've agreed with you but season 2 and the movie are pretty damn crappy.

Oh and @ he OP avoid bible black unless you can handle hentai and i mean some depraved henta.

---------- Post added 2011-03-11 at 02:23 PM ----------

Oh i'd also add Isekai Sekisho no Monogatari pretty funny and good series. Though more comedy oriented at points the actual fights are badass beyond belies. Also why do people always recommend things that go against the OPS reques i mean i've seeen whole posts of series that just go completly against what OPs ask gfor and not just in this thread but in the others as well.

Oh and check out the link in my sig if ya see something ya like just ask and i can give youa brief rundown..

I have to say I am shocked no one has mentioned Outlaw Star or Big O both great classics from Toonami. Also Ghost in the Shell both the movie and Stand Alone Complex Seasons 1 & 2. Seen SAC 1 & 2 at least 3 times through now and it still doesn't get old. I find it a great commentary on some social issues we as a society may be facing within our lifetimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoons View Post
    I have to say I am shocked no one has mentioned Outlaw Star or Big O both great classics from Toonami. Also Ghost in the Shell both the movie and Stand Alone Complex Seasons 1 & 2. Seen SAC 1 & 2 at least 3 times through now and it still doesn't get old. I find it a great commentary on some social issues we as a society may be facing within our lifetimes.
    TBH there have been so many of these lately almost always with bleach/naruto mentioned as liked and so on that it gets kinda hard to keep track. Bu8t yeah i advised outlaw star in the other one. Plus i try and match it to the OPs tatse as best i can. Though ya got me with Big O that one is great and one i tend to forget as for GITS :SAC i actually am not big fan. You think i;d be if you knew me IRL but i'm not. Anyways still outta from pulling an all nighter so i might have more later ater some sleep.

There was anther anime on Toonami towards the end with the giant mecs that were racing and I can't for the life of me remember the name of that show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoons View Post
    There was anther anime on Toonami towards the end with the giant mecs that were racing and I can't for the life of me remember the name of that show.
    IGPX or something like that. Like Big O season 2 it was funded by CN but animated in japan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    i think what im really looking for is something close to highly skilled people fighting but somehow though training they gain powers and special abilites and such. though super natural might go in that catagory. i do like seeing ghosts and such and for some reason alot of them have some type of demon.
    dragon ball tbh...

altho, i dont watch anime... at all... and i dont understand people who do... so yeah... /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    dragon ball tbh...

altho, i dont watch anime... at all... and i dont understand people who do... so yeah... /shrug
    DBZ seems closer to what he wants actually dragon ball has less of the spirit attaks he seems to want.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, first season and movie are great.
    Elfen Lied was brutal and the art style isn't the best compared to some anime if that annoys you (you picky jerk) but the story is pretty powerful at most times.
    And, well, Lucky Star is the other one I've seen on the internet. It's not bad, but I really only ended up watching it to the end due to inter-forum peer pressure and the care for understanding certain memes and the like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, first season and movie are great.
    Elfen Lied was brutal and the art style isn't the best compared to some anime if that annoys you (you picky jerk) but the story is pretty powerful at most times.
    And, well, Lucky Star is the other one I've seen on the internet. It's not bad, but I really only ended up watching it to the end due to inter-forum peer pressure and the care for understanding certain memes and the like.
    Well sadly even haruhi may have too much drama for this guy(provided this is the topic i think it is i tend to go to all of em so i have two at once today) same for Elfen Lied. It seems to me that most people who say they like anime really only like shounen style stuff i/e stuff MEANT for young males(as the name implies) in japan and of course wierd older men.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Well sadly even haruhi may have too much drama for this guy(provided this is the topic i think it is i tend to go to all of em so i have two at once today) same for Elfen Lied. It seems to me that most people who say they like anime really only like shounen style stuff i/e stuff MEANT for young males(as the name implies) in japan and of course wierd older men.
    Eh, I'm fourteen. I enjoy many anime mainly because they generally have compelling continual stories unlike most American-made cartoons that are fifteen-minute or half-hour shows that are within themselves an episode with a story. Waiting to see what happens next is what makes me continue watching anime when I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Eh, I'm fourteen. I enjoy many anime mainly because they generally have compelling continual stories unlike most American-made cartoons that are fifteen-minute or half-hour shows that are within themselves an episode with a story. Waiting to see what happens next is what makes me continue watching anime when I do.
    I'm the same believe me just saying the AVERAGE American "anime fan" is mote of a flavor of the month/action guy thus why they tend to cite shiunen series but shy away from potentially better series. Me personally I get a kick outta it all but that's me. I just find it vexing when people always talk about how much they like anime but it's really only the stuff you'd find on TV in america or similar places.

Oh also before I forget D Grayman.

Check out Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Last edited by MOGATRON; 2021-04-16 at 12:32 PM.

You should watch gintama

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Death Note and Cowboy Bebop.

The former is quite frankly one of the best anime I've ever seen. The latter is THE BEST anime (and, in my opinion, TV series) of all time. Seriously, Cowboy Bebop is that good.

For more of the romantic and/or comedy genre, I'd recommend I"S and Ichigo 100%. Also, Bleach used to be good...200 episodes ago.
    Last edited by Ulqiorra; 2011-03-12 at 04:33 AM.

ohhh comon Guys why all the booooring and hard to understand anime as Efen Lied nobody love comedy anymore?? here you have one of the most Epic comedy ever----

--- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hPNGmoklbg

And if you want an Echi Comedy you cant miss this one --

-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV6jT...eature=related
    seto no Hanayome and Sora no Otoshimono Best Anime Comedy in my Opinion

Darker Than Black is awesome, but will leave you pissed. (its not complete in a sense)
    Gunslinger Girls is rather awesome as well, season one over season two
    Vampire Knight if you like a spin on vampires and humans
    Soul Eater has some good moments and cool weapons and some good characters. It is semi-light hearted in its own way
    Shiguri is totally awesome but SUPER violent and explicit
    Samurai Champloo is good if you dig the group of wanders storys
    Bleach, I like this, its my grownup version of DBZ. Always the same outcomes to each Arch in some fashion but better dialogue and story
    Blood has some good moments as well, again sort of a vampire thing but way different...more supernatural
    Gundam Wing/Big O/Code Geas if you like mechs...Big O story is pretty awesome...the other two is more of a massive scale war with various characters on both sides drawing attention in the story.
    Outlaw Star if you like Space pirates, same vein as Cowboy Bebop

Ones that are classics that everyone else recommended and if you are an anime fan you should probably watch because everyone talks about em. Bleach could probably go here as well

Deathnote
    Cowboy Bebop
    Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
    Trigun

Movies
    Akira
    Fist of the North Star
    Ninja Scroll

Also I have to agree if you can read the subtitles and it doesn't take away from the show for you, then do so, the story is usually a little better.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2011-03-12 at 04:51 AM.

And here not soo good but still Grate --

-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSjX00lM3XM
    -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zftR...eature=related
    To Love Ru + To Aru Majutsu no Index And ofc you can ad Misaca as a Raillgun to that :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Darker Than Black (BAMF)
    Code Geass (I prefer it x100 over Death Note)
    Hellsing (Alucard is a beast. Also one of the few times I actually enjoy the dub more than the sub)
    Full Metal Alchemist (I've only watched the original. Never saw brotherhood seeing as I followed the manga and felt no need too. I also like the dub more than the sub)
    High School of the Dead (Zombies, Chicks, and Guns. Pretty cliche but worth the thrills)
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (<3 Haruhi. Haruhism is the closest I will ever get to being religious)
    Inukami! (Second ever anime. Loved it. Ecchi comedy, but I'm a sucker for romance.)
    IGPX (I can't believe someone mentioned this! Saw this on CN as a child and it's what drew me into anime)

My anime list is very limited, I'm more of a manga guy.
    Last edited by Kurdiern; 2011-03-12 at 04:57 AM.