Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We farmed 51 Amani Warbear back then (100% success rate!). I can't visit ZA anymore since this traumatism .

I watched some PTR videos of the new Zul'Gurub and though "Eh, at least the bosses are different."

Then I thought I'd download the PTR and try them out. Got a ZA pug, and I was so bored out of my brain that I just bailed halfway through.

a) Same bosses (exactly the same)
    b) Same mechanics (exactly the same)
    c) Same trash (exactly the same)
    d) Same textures/terrain (exactly the same)

I'm praying that they're going to AT LEAST mix up the boss fights before they release it, and this is all just placeholders. The only redeeming part about ZG is that the boss fights are different. Who the hell wants to do the same raid bosses just as a 5 man? Is there no explanation as to why we're suddenly fighting the Loa spirits again, even though they were friendly towards us at the end of Zul'Drak?

And for people saying this is optional...don't we pay a sub each month so Blizzard can provide us with new content we enjoy and are able to play? If I wanted to pay them money every month to redo all the old dungeons in a neverending cycle I would do that, but I don't.

I pay for new, interesting boss fights (ZG), not old raid bosses retuned to be a 5 man encounter with the exact same abilities (ZA).
    Last edited by Hateful; 2011-03-10 at 01:05 PM.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

gonna be awesome, much of the playerbase have never been either place.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Dear OP;

In a world where we only got what we expect, what we want, or what we ask for;

- Cobra Commander would have won
    - My Hunter would have Four Simultaneous Pets
    - The Player Population of World of Warcraft would have stayed where it was in Burning Crusade
    - Star Wars: The Phantom Menace would have been good
    - Lego Kits that were actually cool wouldn't be $100.00+
    - I could be President for the day
    - Blizzard would pay some professional Voice Actors for games other than Starcraft 2
    - Player Housing.

Thank you,
    Anjerith

Why shouldn't we look forward to it? Its one revamped and one kept original. To be honest, im really looking forward to doing original Zul'aman, as I quit for a period during TBC. The ZG revamp however is waaaaay too easy, except for 1st boss which is fun as hell, and well tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hateful View Post
    I watched some PTR videos of the new Zul'Gurub and though "Eh, at least the bosses are different."

Then I thought I'd download the PTR and try them out. Got a ZA pug, and I was so bored out of my brain that I just bailed halfway through.

a) Same bosses (exactly the same)
    b) Same mechanics (exactly the same)
    c) Same trash (exactly the same)
    d) Same textures/terrain (exactly the same)

I'm praying that they're going to AT LEAST mix up the boss fights before they release it. The only redeeming part about ZG is that the boss fights are different. Who the hell wants to do the same raid bosses just as a 5 man? Is there no explanation as to why we're suddenly fighting the Loa spirits again, even though they were friendly towards us at the end of Zul'Drak?
    "Dear Blizzard, BC was an amazing expansion, the boss mechanics were great and inventive. Don't you dare to EVER repeat those mechanics again."

Huh?!? If there are good boss mechanics in the past, then I'm all for seeing them come again. It serves no purpose to have good mechanics go to waste in an old raid that nearly nobody runs at the correct level anymore.

And for people saying this is optional...don't we pay a sub each month so Blizzard can provide us with new content we enjoy and are able to play? If I wanted to pay them money every month to redo all the old dungeons in a neverending cycle I would do that, but I don't.
    You mainly pay subs for maintainance. They release new content to keep you hooked.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lame thread imo. 98% want this to happend, and the last 2%, i dunno. something went wrong there.

OP it would appear that you are the great minority.

OT: i can't wait 2 of my favorite raids in the game i loved ZA because it did go fast and was decently hard to pug, ZG never got the chance at level to run it but was the only 60 raid that gave me some trouble to solo at 80

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm absolutely excited. Zul'Aman was awesome when it was new, and I feel that I played that instance way too few times (even though I did it on a weekly basis with up to two alts as well when main raid times would allow for a bit of PuGging). The bosses had cool mechanics. And if they make a halfway challenging time run again, I'll love them for it forever. Time runs cause huge adrenaline rushes

As for ZG... It was already a bit old when I had just started playing WoW, and even though I was in there with the proper level, lots of people were 60-70 at that time already. It just wasn't the same, I guess. ZG looks great and the bosses rock far too much to be left out of the game. They even rocked too much to just leave the LVL60 version in the game. I love the thought of playing them 'properly'.

Quote Originally Posted by Heket View Post
    Free Maelstrom Crystals what's not to love ?
    What he/she said.

Deleted
    Never raided them on their respective levels so YES.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarathion View Post
    I for one am sick and tired of instance/bosses coming back like this.

It's time to end the awesomeness of WoW and let it die with atleast some dignity.

I'll quit now and wait for DiabloIII & Titan.
    Sure you will. Claiming you are going to quit and will wait for games that you have never played (including one you know literally nothing about) is totally convincing.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    its because everyone whos left from vanilla had a sad face when blizz announced that ZG was being removed. Even though the instance was literally dead it was like removing the old car sitting in your backyard with weeds growing inside and out.... it just looks like something is missing.

SO IT RETURNS!

btw, ZA was fun in tbc. I still want to do it again even today but removing the amani bear was such a "cock-block" from blizz back in 2.4ish.

Deleted
    Technically, ZG isn't coming back... the location never left... and the encounters/bosses are not the ones from lvl 60.
    Zul'aman is said to be the same as before just retuned for lvl 85 so that should be fun.

I'd love to see Karazhan come back with a different storyline than the lvl 70 version. Maybe it could be a CoT 5 man that looks at Khadgar's apprenticeship and ultimately the battle between Lothar/Khadgar/Garona and Medhiv/Sargeras

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Had enough of them over the years, frankly. I don't mind them reusing old content as long as they don't make it necessary to run it in order to progress though, so I welcome it back nonetheless.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

Quote Originally Posted by roningsp View Post
    cheap content for blizz :P
    While ZG and ZA may cost them less, this means they can devote more resorces to other things.

Deleted
    For those saying EXACTLY the same, you know that their health pools have changed, right. Kind-a boring to 5-man something that you can solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    For those saying EXACTLY the same, you know that their health pools have changed, right. Kind-a boring to 5-man something that you can solo.
    No one is saying that nothing has changed, and besides alot more has changed other then just the HP pool...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by MrProper View Post
    Is there anyone looking forward for seeing this content again?

//for some reason i cant make pool, simple 1)Me 2)I dont care 3)Not me, options would be fine.
    Who the hell asked for your whining?
    I for one am a big fan of story continuation, for that is what it is.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I absolutely can't wait! Never got to do ZG other than soloing it for the mounts (Which I never got ), but ZA was always one of my favorite raids