Deleted

What would be the perfect Addon for you?

Hi there,

i just had a break at work and a cup of coffee. So i thought about WoW and what my perfect Addon could be like.
    I am playing since Open Beta with a few breaks and after all i enjoyed BC at most of all AddOns.

So what would i love to have in a coming expansion?

- the Zones have to be closer together. It works for the story line in this AddOn but i think keeping the zones together ist better.

- i liked about BC Heroics that you needed a key for the heroics. If you are in need of a key for the heroics you have to spend more time in the world. In BC the players were everywhere. Grinding Reputation, doing dailys and so on.

- i liked Karazhan because it was a ten man entry instance for all new players. But there again i liked that you had to do a story line if you wanted to enter the instance.
    WoW nowadays is too much soulless grinding, aoeing ...

- the difficulty for heroics was perfect in the beginning of cataclysm. i would keep it like that.

- genereal instance design for that imaginary addon would be: 10 man entry instance into something like gruul/magtheridon into two 25 player instances like SSC.
    yes i would skip the ability to do a instance in 10 or 25 man mode. i would skip the heroic modes too. 10 man is good for getting gear but the really epic raiding experience comes with the 25 man instances.
    skip the heroic modes because the 25s should be as hard as a heroic mode from the beginning. can you remember how much you were screaming when you first killed lady vash or illidan? THAT was heroic. THAT was an epic raiding experience. because you had to put much much work in it to get so far. every little bit of new gear was hard work. you had to think about how to spend your dkp. it was epic. it really was the best gaming experience so far for me.

- you must clear the lower tier raids to get to a new raid tier. you need to work hard before you get a reward.

- i would implement some way of getting gear for points from a vendor but it would be very few gear which has the same itemlevel as the highest tier. here again. i want to work for my stuff. i dont want it to be stuffed in my ass for free.

- perhaps i would implement a zone like isle queldanas(or so) straight from the start. i liked the fights there.

of course this kind of model is not for keeping players which do not play very often. but hey there is D3 coming out soon. i would risk to loose 2-3 million players because they WILL play D3. but the others would be really happy about such an addon i think.

WoW still is a great game and i think i will play it till the very end.

but because everything is relativly easy to get, for me the thrill is gone.

so blizz: bring the passion back to the players. make them feel like they did something very hard and very epic. and i dont mean a nice video sequence.

whats your opinion?

Deleted
    You're mixing up Addon (small additions to WoW made by users) and Expansions (new versions of the game released by Blizzard).

Deleted
    My perfect expansion would be a big graphics update to the whole game. With better graphics everywhere. To make it prettier