Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

When R U goin To Fix Felguard Pet

Dont understand why all these changes are goin with succubus and felhunter and no changes with the felguard. They r fixing succubus at low lvls and buffing felhunter, but they r not buffing the pet that is exclusive to a talent tree. Just doesnt make sense.

in same wierd way they did buffed him he now grant 4 times as much mana from crits via mana feed its not much but at least we wont need to life tap as much

change spec to affli/destro... much more fun and pro!

They think we play with succ and not felguard only due to mana feed. Buff a bit the dmg output, or the felguard glyph, so succ will be left only for a handfull of encounters that have air phases and such.

Deleted
    I don't see why people keep incisting that the Felguard is "broken" and needs "fixing" because you don't constantly have it out.

Blizz stated a long time ago (no I'm not going to find the quote) that they didn't like the "one pet to rule them all" scenario for Demo. You have been given a extra tool that the other specs don't have: an AoE pet. That doesn't mean that he should also be topping the meters for single target DPS.

Single target DPS is pretty much all that the succubus brings to a raid, if you need more CC then you've seriously fucked up you raid composition, so it makes sense that she'd be the go-to pet for that whilst the other pets bring some else.

That said, I don't aggree with her being in that position. IMO, she should be given some utility to bring to the raid that might actually be useful and then have the single target DPS normalized accross all the demons.

Quote Originally Posted by p75369 View Post
    I don't see why people keep incisting that the Felguard is "broken" and needs "fixing" because you don't constantly have it out.

Blizz stated a long time ago (no I'm not going to find the quote) that they didn't like the "one pet to rule them all" scenario for Demo. You have been given a extra tool that the other specs don't have: an AoE pet. That doesn't mean that he should also be topping the meters for single target DPS.

Single target DPS is pretty much all that the succubus brings to a raid, if you need more CC then you've seriously fucked up you raid composition, so it makes sense that she'd be the go-to pet for that whilst the other pets bring some else.

That said, I don't aggree with her being in that position. IMO, she should be given some utility to bring to the raid that might actually be useful and then have the single target DPS normalized accross all the demons.
    Well let's put things this way: you are a Destruction warlock, and by putting points into the Destruction tree, and specializing in it, you get a unique spell that noone else can use. This spell is called Conflagrate. Then I tell you, ok this spell you have is actually a dps decrease on ten out of twelve available raid bosses, use Shadow bolt instead.
    Does that make sense to you?
    Well it doesn't make sense to me.

Summon Felguard is the equivalent of Conflagrate for Destro, UA for Affliction, Mind Flay for Shadow Priests, Aimed Shot for Survival Hunters, Shield Slam for Protection Warriors, etc.

Why can they use their signature spell as a core part of their rotation, and I can't?
    Last edited by ~Thalia~; 2011-03-10 at 10:46 PM.

Try posting on Blizzard's forums if you have a complaint or suggestion, especially one that you are directly addressing them.

The same time people realise that this isn't the official forum... Oh, and they stop typing like 12 year old chavs?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We aren't going to fix the felguard...... We don't actually have the ability to do so. We aren't Blizzard, just players of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    The same time people realise that this isn't the official forum... Oh, and they stop typing like 12 year old chavs?
    This.

I'm fed up of terrible English on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by conflict45 View Post
    This.

I'm fed up of terrible English on these forums.
    It's not the bad English, mine isn't exactly what you'd call 'perfect'..what annoys me it's the "LoL hw r u guuz??".

Replacing "are" and "you" with "r" and "u" etc. is just stupid. :/
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-03-10 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Thalia~ View Post
    Summon Felguard is the equivalent of Conflagrate for Destro, UA for Affliction, Mind Flay for Shadow Priests, Aimed Shot for Survival Hunters, Shield Slam for Protection Warriors, etc.

Why can they use their signature spell as a core part of their rotation, and I can't?
    While I agree with you, Aimed Shot is a Marksman Hunter ability, not a Survival Hunter one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well let's put things this way: you are a Destruction warlock, and by putting points into the Destruction tree, and specializing in it, you get a unique spell that noone else can use. This spell is called Conflagrate. Then I tell you, ok this spell you have is actually a dps decrease on ten out of twelve available raid bosses, use Shadow bolt instead.
    Does that make sense to you?
    Well it doesn't make sense to me.
    This doesn't make sense to me, mainly because your explaination is bad.

Anyway, the point is that they don't want Felguard to be the only pet Demo use. That makes sense. All specs get a free spell that no other spec can use, but are they all best used in all situations?

Yes. It is the equivalent in the sense that you only get it by spendign points in that particular spec, but that is as far as it goes. Not all specs get a spell that is part of their main dps rotation.

And let me explain my above points:

BM Hunters - Intimidation - Causes high amount of pet threat and stuns target (Not a dps increase in any way shape or form)
    Arcane mages - Arcane Barrage - All reports I read say it is an almost useless ability due to it's low damage contribution during burn phases.
    Prot Paladins - Avengers Shield - Not really an always used ability. When I tank I usually use on the pull or when against spellcasters. I can live without otherwise.
    Holy Priests - HW: Chastise - Causes damage and disorients. Not even used in a healing rotation
    Combat Rogues - Blade Flurry - Read above. Only used during AoE/Multi-target encounters
    Ele Shamans - Thunderstorm - I haven't ever used this in my main dps rotation. I use it for a knockback or to restore some mana when low.

So there are plenty of specs that don't use their signature spells in their core rotations. They can also be situational. If you spec demo, you are part of that club.

a better way to say it is as a destro lock u put points in imp to help with dps and soul fire procs. but u can only use ur imp on a couple bosses ...people would riot the boards qqing about that. but since demo is the least played spec we get no love and people try to downgrade problems with it.. and yes it is a problem. it SHOULD be the top single target dps pet with the exception of fights where he can't get in range of target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    This doesn't make sense to me, mainly because your explaination is bad.

Anyway, the point is that they don't want Felguard to be the only pet Demo use. That makes sense. All specs get a free spell that no other spec can use, but are they all best used in all situations?

Yes. It is the equivalent in the sense that you only get it by spendign points in that particular spec, but that is as far as it goes. Not all specs get a spell that is part of their main dps rotation.

And let me explain my above points:

BM Hunters - Intimidation - Causes high amount of pet threat and stuns target (Not a dps increase in any way shape or form)
    Arcane mages - Arcane Barrage - All reports I read say it is an almost useless ability due to it's low damage contribution during burn phases.
    Prot Paladins - Avengers Shield - Not really an always used ability. When I tank I usually use on the pull or when against spellcasters. I can live without otherwise.
    Holy Priests - HW: Chastise - Causes damage and disorients. Not even used in a healing rotation
    Combat Rogues - Blade Flurry - Read above. Only used during AoE/Multi-target encounters
    Ele Shamans - Thunderstorm - I haven't ever used this in my main dps rotation. I use it for a knockback or to restore some mana when low.

So there are plenty of specs that don't use their signature spells in their core rotations. They can also be situational. If you spec demo, you are part of that club.
    This entire post 10 times over.

I play demo main spec on my lock and get plenty of use out of my Fel Guard. I use him while soloing, questing, and on aoe trash pulls in heroics and whatnot. When it comes time for a boss fight, I bring out the Succubus. Plus, as demo, the Succubus Demon Soul effect is slightly more desirable because unless the boss is in kill phase, your primary nuke is Shadow Bolt.

The point of demonology is not to use solely the Fel Guard. As stated before, Blizzard doesn't want that. They want us to use different pets for certain occasions. If I recall correctly, people bitched and moaned about not using the Succubus or Voidwalker at all throughout Wrath. Now they give us reason to use at least one of the previously dust-covered pets and people bitch and moan about not always using the Fel Guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

in PVE
    u have 5 pet
    u use the one with or giving u the highest DPS 90% of time
    only 1 pet will or can have the highest DPS
    so now , u actually have only one pet

maybe they should add 5 telent in demo , and u can only pick one of them , so these 5 telent make all your pet having the same or near DPS (if the telent is learned) but having different skill/buff , so demo lock can make the choice not base on DPS , they still actually have one pet , but under thier own choice

but, in the world of simcarft , people will complain everyday that thier pet choice being 1% lower than the others , hm..... problem not fixed

The Felguard recklessly swings its Axe, striking all nearby targets within 8 yards for its weapon damage plus ((($SP * .50) * 2) * 0.33 + 111) and continuing to perform the attack every 1 sec for 6 sec. The Felguard cannot perform any other abilities during Felstorm.

Just ignore the bold part, felguard is fine.
    Demonology has 10% spellpower, being behind on dps a little bit is fair enough.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

I tried fixing it for you buddy, but then i remembered i dont work for blizzard.

And yes, to clarify a point made eailer, Arcane Barrage is pants :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshy View Post
    The Felguard recklessly swings its Axe, striking all nearby targets within 8 yards for its weapon damage plus ((($SP * .50) * 2) * 0.33 + 111) and continuing to perform the attack every 1 sec for 6 sec. The Felguard cannot perform any other abilities during Felstorm.

Just ignore the bold part, felguard is fine.
    Demonology has 10% spellpower, being behind on dps a little bit is fair enough.
    They're on to tweaking low level balance. Warlocks are 'done' on PTR so far as the developers are concerned. I really don't agree that bringing a minor additional Spellpower (4% more than other classes) buff justifies not only inferior single target damage, but inferior additional utility and multi-target damage especially when that extra Spellpower can come from an Elemental Shaman who can offer so much more to the raid in terms of overall utility.

Demonology is going to be a lot behind in 4.1, buffing the Felguard wont fix that, especially when the problems with the spec are so much deeper than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    It's not the bad English, mine isn't exactly what you'd call 'perfect'..what annoys me it's the "LoL hw r u guuz??".

Replacing "are" and "you" with "r" and "u" etc. is just stupid. :/
    i belive thats called "leet speak" if I'm correct, and yes in large it needs to DIE.