Quote Originally Posted by aviv View Post
    There's a PDF that I'm having trouble linking here from the apan.org website. If you search for "Unclassified 1 unclassified in the two weeks" in Google it's the first one that pops up. The point behind this is that it explains about the link komi posted. The google stuff you're seeing is the built in google translator the site uses. It's not google itself. The PDF is provided by APAN (info about them at apan.org)

An important piece of the PDF is below:
    New Resources: atmc.jp
    The website atmc.jp 3 is a new radiation data resource that provides user-friendly and comprehensive charts to analyze a variety of radiation data throughout Japan. Additionally, the website has a built-in Google Translate capability providing machine translation from Japanese into 40 languages, including English.

And in case you are wondering about the validity of the PDF file, it is information unclassified from USARPAC (which is the US Army Pacific). So, I'm pretty sure it's all legit.

I would also just like to say, I'm not an expert on what the numbers mean or don't mean, so I'm not choosing sides. I'm just looking up the sources to validate the website that was posted.
    Numbers dont need translation. 200 is 200 is 200 regardless of language.

Quote Originally Posted by komi54 View Post
    Numbers dont need translation. 200 is 200 is 200 regardless of language.
    All I meant is that I don't fully understand what the radioactive measurements mean ("x amount = death" for example), I couldn't tell you off the top of my head (I would have to look it up). And I wasn't addressing the actual data on the link you gave (or anyone else's link for that matter), I was merely providing information that your link was valid and not simply "google'd" as jaxi had suggested. I was just making a statement that I'm not qualified to comment on the data (which I didn't). No need to get all snippy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by aviv View Post
    All I meant is that I don't fully understand what the radioactive measurements mean ("x amount = death" for example), I couldn't tell you off the top of my head (I would have to look it up). And I wasn't addressing the actual data on the link you gave (or anyone else's link for that matter), I was merely providing information that your link was valid and not simply "google'd" as jaxi had suggested. I was just making a statement that I'm not qualified to comment on the data (which I didn't). No need to get all snippy about it.
    Sorry if I came off snippy. Those numbers are bad. Very very very bad.

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 02:07 AM ----------

http://atmc.jp/plant/rad/
    A link with graphs about radiation levels in the reactors. 1 is at........200 Sv/hr. WOW that is 20 time the instant lethal levels.
    Data gone from link for the time being idk why.

10+ Year Old Account
    On top of your article being from the 13th before a large amount of information was released it is From a government employee. Come on how bais can it get. NUMBERS say this is worse than Chernobyl any way you slice it. Try and call the heard all you want...This will go down as the worst disaster in human history.
    I just want to point that, regardless of how much radiation is there, its the method of release to the atmosphere that makes it deadly. Chernobyl had winds and basically no outer layer of protection as far as I know.

The Japanese plants has an outer casing, which should help prevent some spread of radioactive materials. You won't know whats worse than Chernobyl until it happens, because you need to know the weather conditions, the amount of radiation leaked, the potential spread, etc etc. There's a lot of factors that made Chernobyl bad, if those factors aren't there in the Japanese power plants, then it may not do as much damage other than just the small vicinity. Chernobyl radiation was being detected in France / England, despite having an exclusion zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if I came off snippy. Those numbers are bad. Very very very bad.
    If they were accurate to begin with. They've had sensor and/or software hiccups before. I'd imagine that a constant level of 200 sv/h might have gotten some passing attention in the headlines or a press release. That'd be the media's wet dream of a story. Nary a peep, though.

On top of your article being from the 13th before a large amount of information was released it is From a government employee. Come on how bais can it get. NUMBERS say this is worse than Chernobyl any way you slice it. Try and call the heard all you want...This will go down as the worst disaster in human history.
    the dawn of man will never be trumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    If they were accurate to begin with. They've had sensor and/or software hiccups before. I'd imagine that a constant level of 200 sv/h might have gotten some passing attention in the headlines or a press release. That'd be the media's wet dream of a story. Nary a peep, though.
    You dont know shit about what going on then. The press hasn't said shit in a while about this.

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 02:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    the dawn of man will never be trumped.
    Famous last words. Think last time they were said sounded more like RARWWWWWWW I'm A DINOSAUR

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that the type of discussion you're seeking is more suited to GLP than MMO-C. And, given the recurrent conspiratorial tone, that this thread has outlived its usefulness if your desired course is the only discussion to be had.

This thread is absurdly off-topic.

But, did you hear about the guy with the golden voice?!?

Deleted
    How can this topic still be going :/

Quote Originally Posted by pe7e View Post
    How can this topic still be going :/
    Basically if you need to ask that you have no clue how bad the nuclear crisis has gotten. Not surprised despite what you my think the media isn't having a field day with this because TEPCO has kept this very hush hush and there isn't money to be made from it only money lost for news agency like NBC owned by GE the manufacturer of the reactor (You think they want you to know all about this?). You can think what you like but the fact is limited "China Syndrome" is taking place. Soon people will start to have acute radiation poisoning then people will start developing odd cancers and then dieing. Lucky for anyone not living in Japan the world as you know will most likely not make it to see these events unfold. Well I am done trying to enlighten the sheep. So keep saying BAH BAH BAH you will soon see the world for what it really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I suspected, the "very bad numbers" displayed on the Unit 1 graph are the result of instrument failure. They've amended the page to show that.

With all due respect, the time for this thread ran out a long time ago. Locked.