Holy Priests = best cc class!?

I made this video in a rated BG the week before 4.0.6 dropped, so since then CC durations have been changed and they removed MC+lifegrip but it's basically me messing around with another priest and essentially CC'ing him for a little over 2minutes. The video is made purely for fun and comedic purposes, this is by no means an effective way of playing or anything of the sort. Hope you guys enjoy! (and i apologize for the song in advance, but i thought it fit rather well lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0igRPKcLGBM

P.S. the quality isnt perfect, so incase you couldn't tell what exactly was going on, i put a caption of what abilities i am using in the bottom left hand corner

lol... i think he ate his keyboard

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see it now... in approximately 2 days

Patch 4.1 Notes-
    Priest-
    Mind Control: Now shares diminishing returns with all fear effects.

Other than that, I agree... the music fit that perfectly. Was funny to watch too.
    Last edited by Naethigan; 2011-03-11 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naethigan View Post
    I can see it now... in approximately 2 days

Patch 4.1 Notes-
    Priest-
    Mind Control: Now shares diminishing returns with all fear effects.
    rofl i really hope not!

Hahaha oh man. Being that guy. What a day.

me and a friend of mine do something similar (2 holy priests) in strand of the ancients we both hop in the same demo and PS, chastise, MC(run away) everyone who tries to stop us all the way to the end usually.

Nice video.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with this is that for the whole 2 minutes you were also CC'd, unable to actually help your friends in battle. This is not OP. This just removes 2 players from the game and makes things still completely even. But I hope you had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    The problem with this is that for the whole 2 minutes you were also CC'd, unable to actually help your friends in battle. This is not OP. This just removes 2 players from the game and makes things still completely even. But I hope you had fun.
    haha well originally i was cc'ing a healer to prevent him from assisting the flag carrier (as he was the only healer near the FC at the time) but decided to mess around a bit, but i did note in the original post "this is by no means an effective way of playing or anything of the sort" to try and avoid these types of responses, although i do appreciate your feedback and yes i did have fun, unfortunately it was at the cost of another fellow priests hardship lol
    Last edited by Avora; 2011-03-11 at 12:34 PM.

There was plenty of time inside a full fea to cast spells. This CC chain must have annoyed the fuck out of the priest, it would have with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it quite funny how you stood in sight of the entire Horde team, and they just ignored you completely. And I'm sure that priest was furious!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    In a 2v2 PvP environment you can still heal between fears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    In a 2v2 PvP environment you can still heal between fears.
    In a 2v2 though, you will most definitely be interrupted if you try to keep someone MCed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I also noticed how the Horde were totally ignoring you. You said this was a Rated BG? The Horde team were not playing very well if it was.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by McDouchebag View Post
    There was plenty of time inside a full fea to cast spells. This CC chain must have annoyed the fuck out of the priest, it would have with me.
    Chastise (which forces a trinket half the time, lol), Mind Control -> me, Arcane Torrent, Psychic Scream, and two seconds after Psychic Scream fades, I can chastise again.

Anyone have a better rotation for this?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

That was so much fun watching, I lol'd in RL.

Too bad they removed the MC+lifegrip combo, makes it easier for them to run away, but it's still possible to play around with other people and make them nerdrage. That guy must have been pulling his teeth out. xD

Deleted
    he really should have trinket'd the scream and feared you then ran away. his trinket was terrible.

Deleted
    The My Little Pony mount at the end is a nice touch. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    I found it quite funny how you stood in sight of the entire Horde team, and they just ignored you completely. And I'm sure that priest was furious!
    yeah xD he mad! seriously though, i was surprised this didn't come to an end with 9 of his teammates showing up super angry at you because they're all now deaf from his bitching over vent.

on the topic of holy priest cc: i actually play the rogue in an rmp with a holy priest who cc's one target by himself for most of the game (a melee dps, normally) i also have a holy priest alt i pvp on, and i love it to death... though currently with only 1500 resil, i need HW:serenity to keep myself alive every 10.5 sec more than chastise every 21 sec(though i cancel chakra to chastise sometimes too)

---------- Post added 2011-03-11 at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadenz View Post
    That was so much fun watching, I lol'd in RL.

Too bad they removed the MC+lifegrip combo,
    makes it easier for them to run away, but it's still possible to play around with other people and make them nerdrage. That guy must have been pulling his teeth out. xD
    is this only while doing it yourself? can you still grip other people's MC'd target?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    is this only while doing it yourself? can you still grip other people's MC'd target?
    im not 100% sure on this, you get an "invalid target" error, i would think it's for all mind controlled targets tho

Funny vidoe. Thanks for sharing.