Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Resisted the urge until I saw Toys'R'Us had a sale: buy one, get one 50% off. I mean, I'm only human, so now my brother and I have each have one. Plus, I justified it as a birthday present (kid just turned 18 last week).

If you don't like pokemon you can GIT OUT!

Pokemon White is awesome! I picked Snivy

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i've always really liked the Pokemon games tbf.

Haven't watch the anime since i was younger though. Really like the news games, Skyla is <3 (points at avatar :3).
    Shadows are cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post

Oh and in B/W Tm's dont go away after u use them, which is probably the coolest thing since pokemon sliced bread.
    Did i read that right? TM's don't just go poof and disappear after you use them?

15+ Year Old Account
    i got Black version today, i'm having trouble deciding which starter to choose lol...
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Got white its great, just defeated elite four/ stopped n it was so nice when all the gym leaders came to save me from the seven sages lol :P

Currently trying to capture the lvl 70 fire/bug Pokemon at the bottom of relic castle but i just one hit him with my Pokemon and if i try a weak Pokemon it one hits them lol :P
    spoiler, now i hate you forever. >=(

---------- Post added 2011-03-15 at 06:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Did i read that right? TM's don't just go poof and disappear after you use them?
    Yes, it's amazing because I was always so afraid of using them in case I needed them later.

The series never needed more than 150 pokemon :\

At this point I'm just waiting for the M-rated console/pc RPG remakes of Red and Blue. Something like that would make me sit in my chair and play for three days straight till I died.

I'm almost 18 and I bought Pokemon Black. Imo age doesn't matter, if you like the game play it! I wanted White but the store had one copy of Black left so I was like -grabs like a ninja-.
    Picked Oshawatt as my starter as I rarely find a nice water pokemon; knowing my luck that won't be the case this time around haha.
    Playing at a steady pace, I don't want to rush. But I think it's worth buying if you are a fan of the series and aren't bothered about these new pokemon having similarities with old generation pokemon. Don't hate, just enjoy them for what they are ^.^

Reading this read seems a lot of people got white over black?

Any reasons for this? Myself, I plan on getting the 3rd one that will come out, and if that doesn't happen, when
    the price drops.

I bought Black a few days ago. Loving it so far, i'm 24. And I actually have a semi-logical answer about why I bought them even though i've played every generation over the last 16 years.

Pokemon was originally geared towards kids, but then there was this underlying strategy to the game that you picked up on the older/smarter/wiser you got, if you kept playing them. yeah the whole "pick teh cool looking one" works most of the time, but there's also the other side of it where my dumb looking bird could beat your legendary in 1 shot because i raised the bitch from lvl 5 and picked the perfect counter.

I will say that I hate the goddamn "dressup" games and avoid them like the plague. but that's also because i'm not a 12 year old girl that enjoys dress up.

No specific reason why I got black over white, i've always generally picked them based on the legendary available, but i found out that it doesn't really matter now after you beat the game, or some such nonsense. but on the other hand i may have grabbed white had they had any in stock at the store.

I will also say that I spent the time to configure the Wireless on my DS just so i could grab Victini...

thx Sioni for the epic Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldbellz View Post
    But I think it's worth buying if you are a fan of the series and aren't bothered about these new pokemon having similarities with old generation pokemon. Don't hate, just enjoy them for what they are ^.^
    Yeah, I'd rather have new Pokemon that look like the old Pokemon than have new Pokemon that look like Digimon and utterly unnatural. I absolutely hated the Hoenn-Pokemon, most of them looked like creations of men rather than evolution. And what's up with those refridgerators supposed to be some sort of legendaries? "The Legendary Fridgetron, a superb being that holds eternal crunchy-munchies."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Got white its great, just defeated elite four/ stopped n it was so nice when all the gym leaders came to save me from the seven sages lol :P

Currently trying to capture the lvl 70 fire/bug Pokemon at the bottom of relic castle but i just one hit him with my Pokemon and if i try a weak Pokemon it one hits them lol :P
    Why not just get the egg from Route 18 and raise to evolve into that Pokemon? You end up with better stats and EVs that way.
    BfA Beta Time

Would love to play it again.. but then I gotta get a...gameboy? fucking pricy just for playing pokemon :s Or maybe you get more out off it than just being able to play. Isent a new one like 200 dollars?

Edit: Maybe some could give me a reason to buy one besides playing :P? if any.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2011-03-15 at 08:23 AM.

Deleted
    I'm 19 and bought White. Just finished the league and would definately say it's a great game

Quote Originally Posted by Franuki View Post

Any reasons for this? Myself, I plan on getting the 3rd one that will come out, and if that doesn't happen, when
    the price drops.
    White forest has grassy areas where you can catch pokemon
    Black City does not.

---------- Post added 2011-03-15 at 08:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Would love to play it again.. but then I gotta get a...gameboy? fucking pricy just for playing pokemon :s Or maybe you get more out off it than just being able to play. Isent a new one like 200 dollars?

Edit: Maybe some could give me a reason to buy one besides playing :P? if any.
    Get a shiney 3DS, Ocarina of time 3d woooo.
    Or swing by your local gamestop, i think they actually sell the ds lites for like $100 used,

Quote Originally Posted by Katoamaton View Post
    And what's up with those refridgerators supposed to be some sort of legendaries? "The Legendary Fridgetron, a superb being that holds eternal crunchy-munchies."
    Hahaha I know what you mean. They weren't the most exciting legendary models.

no, personally i think the pokemons started to look more and more stupid after pokemon silver/gold/crystal the only game i bought after those was fire red because i had the original pokemon red for my nintendo color.

hmm... can u catch old pokemon like bulbasaur and oddish ? haha i mainly want those

Deleted
    20 years old and bought White. I'm really enjoying it, can't wait for the Global-Link to come oneline for ranked online matches.

As for the pokemon I think these 156 are more original then the ones we saw in the 3rd and 4th generation, and are quite close to the 2nd. Only the electric zebra makes me think it's a Ponyta that got hit by lightning, other then that pretty much all the new pokemon feel new and fresh.

the price drops.
    I chose white based on the pokemon that were exclusive to it(you can get them through global trade so it doesn't mater that much). The other main difference between black and white, is that white has a forrest that contains level 5 versions of the older generations. And black has a city filled with trainer matches on that location.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2011-03-15 at 09:25 AM.