Combat log addon

which addon do you use to save your combat log for World of logs?

Deleted
    The way i learned it was simply to go to http://www.worldoflogs.com and made a login and there is a guide there not that hard.

gl

Deleted
    World of Logs is brilliant - it's what we use too

Deleted
    Type /combatlog to start/stop logging.

ez.

I use this awesome new addon called a "computer".... it has these things called "files", and one of them is your combat log.... It really is awesome, you should check into one

(user received an infraction for this post)
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-03-11 at 08:35 PM.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vand3tz View Post

ez.
    This is helpful and accurate. Simply typing /combatlog into your chat will give you a message "Combat being logged to C:\Wherever\WoWCombatLog.txt". When you type it again, "Combat logging disabled." Then you go to WoL, create a login, associate yourself with a guild and run the client at the top right. (Protip: If the client is being stupid, update your Java by going to www.java.com )

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKeller View Post
    I use this awesome new addon called a "computer".... it has these things called "files", and one of them is your combat log.... It really is awesome, you should check into one
    This is not helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vand3tz View Post

ez.
    Pretty much this. Sites like WoL offer to archive/delete the log after parsing meaning you'll have a fresh start next time you run the command, or you can just rename it manually to store it.

I really like WoL's option for real-time uploading of data, making it simple to analyze issues on the fly in progression attempts.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Drendor View Post
    which addon do you use to save your combat log for World of logs?
    While some people have suggested just typing "/combatlog" at the start of a run and then "/combatlog" at the end of a run -- which, BTW does work. I find that using loggerhead to automate this for me is very useful. I find the advantages are;

1. I do not need to remember to turn logging on and off. There have been times where I have forgotten to do this.
    2. Logging is only done in the instance. The add-on automatically turns off logging when not in the instance, for example while running back after a wipe. This way you only get the info on your raid and not the random person fighting a random mob as you run back. (N.B. This was the behaviour way back in TBC, don't know if it has been modified over they years)
    3. You are able to set what zones you wish to record logs for, and as new zones are released you will get a pop-up asking if you want to record logs in those zones.

As a side note, recording combat logs will always append to an existing file, so if you do not upload / archive a log after the run you may find a rather large file with the data for multiple runs, which then will have to be manually broken down into individual raid's data.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thurizas, I can empathize with the turning it on and off. I forgot to do that once.

However, as far as logging, WoL only picks up on raid data nowadays, so point 2 is largely irrelevant.

Still, it's tempting to download, just because I hate being asked "did you upload the logs?" and going "f*** I forgot to record them"