Notify addon - Tell me when someone's in the zone.

Hello,

I'm wondering if there's a addon that can notify me once there's a player in a zone I've specified or if it something anyone could quickly conjure( ) ?

The functionality would be something like checking a zone every 2 minutes - And if the zone isn't empty the addon notifies me in the same way NpcScan does for example - Or just plays a sound.

I don't know of any addon that works like that, but, there is an Addon called Spy that will alert you if an enemy player is around. Sorry i couldn't be of more help

As far as i know, addons like NPCscan can only alert you to something thats in rage of your combatlog.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Interesting concept. Unless you're in the zone and close to the player/NPC (see Spy, NPCScan) you can only scan your own faction. So you cannot be in Hyjal and scan players from both factions in Twilight Highlands, for example. Be more specific what your requirements are.

I want to moniter The Steam Pools at X interval. The zone is 99% of the time barren unless you use the camel figurines in Uldum and get teleported there. If that happens you have a chance at the mount there in the phased area. If someone's there I'll try whispering them asking them to let me get a mount for myself as well.

I've actually made parts of the addon myself, with the help from the ppl at freenode #wowuidev - Just a few more things left to do.

I can use SendWho to get people in the zone, and since it's only relevant for people in my faction it's no problem

How would you get a mount for yourself if the mob only spawns in a phased area triggered by the Mysterious Camel Figurine?

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Very likely that it is phased to prevent camping and someone tagging the npc before the person who summoned it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    How would you get a mount for yourself if the mob only spawns in a phased area triggered by the Mysterious Camel Figurine?
    You wouldn't.

End of thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    About the add on...

not really sure of what you need but i use Vanas KOS which has a lil window that shows ppl near you, own faction and enemies too, you can also click on the name on the window to target the player and proceed to /w them

though you need to be n range of them for them to show, not to mention you need them to use habilities (mounting casting spells wtv) for them to show on th add on
    what is a Healer saying:
    AFK means: Attack, fight, kill! - Healer is bored with spamming hots.
    WTF means: Way to fight! - Healer loves you for pulling with pyroblast.
    OOM means: Out Of Mobs! - Healer needs a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    I'll tell you once I get it - And yes it's phased.

I've made the addon myself, to prevent conflicts with other addons I got referred to "WhoLib". The addon does what I want flawlessly, and it's freaking awesome - Now if everything works out as I intended I'll put it out for the general public. Maybe add a button to enable/disable it and so on.

Thanks to everyone who gave their input!

Deleted
    Am I getting this right: You're making an addon that allows you to steal the kill of the mob in the phased area when another player got there in the appropriate way?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Axcy, it's not going to work. Why? Because the miniboss for the mount is part of the phasing. Unless you're the one whose phase flag for that area has been set by using the Mysterious Camel Figurine, you can't see, attack, or loot the mob.

Deleted
    I doubt that being in the same group automatically lets you get into the same phase.

Also, I'm assuming you're willing to pay an amount of money for someone to give you a shot at this rather rare mount, which they've no reason to share?

If you're in a group, with group loot on, the mount will be up for rolling. Also, I believe the NPC that drops the mount is on a pretty short respawn timer.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Matchu, only if you're actually close enough - more than a hundred yards away or so and you don't get to roll, even though the roll frames come up for the people who DO get to roll (even if there's only 1 of them).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    If you're in a group, with group loot on, the mount will be up for rolling. Also, I believe the NPC that drops the mount is on a pretty short respawn timer.
    This is true, the mob has a 30 minute respawn timer, and anyone in party and near enough to the mob can roll for the mount. Also, you can log out and wait for it to respawn again etc. = many mounts. I've seen people selling them on trade.