Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Come back to WoW?

He guys ,

I stopped playing about 3 months ago , I played the first 2 weeks of cata , but then I got quikly bored and canceled my subscribtion.
    But now I really got an urge to play again, should I give in, is it worth it?
    Or should I just quit forever?

Im afraid I get bored varely fast again , and that would be ashame of the 13 euro's I spend which I could of spend on a few beers to.

How are druids doing in pvp atm , feral side ?
    If they totally fucked cuz of the nerf , I think Ill stop and won't look behind.

greets
    You know your addicted to WoW when...

... you go to a funeral, and try to loot the corpse.

Deleted
    You got bored last time,

Nothing new has developed in WoW. (ZA/ZG Does not count)

Why pay $15/month to get bored again?

Deleted
    Feral nerfs were bad and they are not viable in proper pvp

Nothing have changed since you quit, unless you like raiding or pvp there is no reason to play

10+ Year Old Account
    I just canceled a few days back. Game got boring fast, and no new content cept rehashed ZG/ZA incoming for a while. And i raided ZG/ZA so much back in the day that even with new mechanics and new fight design i still don't look forward to doing them again.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    Feral nerfs were bad and they are not viable in proper pvp

Nothing have changed since you quit, unless you like raiding or pvp there is no reason to play
    well , I liked to play with my feral druid in pvp , but since they aren't really viable anymore..

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I'm a Feral. I've just been playing some arena this afternoon. 2k rated in 2v2

It's bad.

Not quite as bad as some people make it out to be, but it is pretty dire. We're hopefully getting some root-breaking next patch, so that's a good sign, but at the moment it does hurt. I'm not a bad player and I'm finding it hard to get much further.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Quote Originally Posted by tupaka View Post
    He guys ,
    Or should I just quit forever?
    Im afraid I get bored varely fast again , and that would be ashame of the 13 euro's I spend which I could of spend on a few beers to.

Might be an idea to try Rift. Just a thought. All new game. All new content. Same winning UI and formula. Just a thought. Use it or don't.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on why you left. If you left after two weeks into the expansion you were either in the Top 5 guilds in the world or did not raid at all. The raids are terrific if your guild can do them. Lots of the 10 man guilds are fading for the 25 man versions (at least on our server) so we are getting new apps every day.

Outside of raiding, there is not a lot to do unless you live leveling.

wow sucks right now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by garion55 View Post
    wow sucks right now
    Indeed. Mainly because there aren't alot of things to do outside of the game, in WotLK you'd be able to play your alts alot more & do some 'good' pugs, there may be a few pugs out there but they are very rare - Atleast on my realm, so outside of raids all I do at the moment is profession dailies & idle in cities.. I wouldn't recommend you return, but if your focus were on PvP you might consider rolling another class / specc? Farming honor isn't hard so obtaining some resilience wouldn't require too much effort on a new character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it depend on the reason that you were bored in the first place? There is quite a bit to do in any realease, and your level of boredom depends on what you tend to see as worthwhile pursuits within the game. For some it's Raiding, others its PvP, and still others it's Achievements. For me I like and do all of them, so I've never gotten bored, I just have to figure out what I want to work on.

Raiding is fun. PvP is meh, especially as a feral.

What exactly did you do in your two weeks of Cata before you quit?

10+ Year Old Account
    nop, wait till star wars like every1 =D

10+ Year Old Account
    I play regularly and I will say this... stay away. Don't give in to those urges and find something else to do. WOW is on a slippery downward slope with no prospects of it changing back up.

Deleted
    You just missed the best time being a Feral Druid!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
    It depends on why you left. If you left after two weeks into the expansion you were either in the Top 5 guilds in the world or did not raid at all. The raids are terrific if your guild can do them. Lots of the 10 man guilds are fading for the 25 man versions (at least on our server) so we are getting new apps every day.

Outside of raiding, there is not a lot to do unless you live leveling.
    I left because , in the first 2 days I got to 85 (which was TO quik in my opinion)
    Then I had to quit a few days cause of busy schedual at school etc.

So my guild started doing hc's and got in raids varely fast ..
    I thought never mind , I'll just go pvp (which I enjoyed )

The thing is , in wotlk I was the main tank in our guild , so I was almost in every raid , but my spot got taken, and now im really undergeared and I won't be the main tank ever again , which includes less raids , more pvp which results in more boredom I guess..
    Though , I really want to play my priest to 85 and pvp with him , and ofcourse alot of pve at nights.

Dont come back. Nothing new has been added to the game since you left. ZA ZG are still on ptr so nothing new.

Also the game is lame, im just playing it cause i have nothing better to do atm =/ Yeah i feel sad for myself atm

Deleted
    Good god i'll never come back to wow, just thinking of standing around bored in capitals makes me feel physically ill. Rift until Guildwars 2 for me. Waited 4 years for gw2 and the latest thief class is looking simply STUNNING! vids on youtube, not enough posts to post links :/

Best raiding tier since ulduar. Hardest tier ever created.

The game is more polished than ever before. There is more to do than ever before.

Come back if you enjoy playing wow, dont if you dont.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 16watt View Post
    Good god i'll never come back to wow, just thinking of standing around bored in capitals makes me feel physically ill. Rift until Guildwars 2 for me. Waited 4 years for gw2 and the latest thief class is looking simply STUNNING! vids on youtube, not enough posts to post links :/
    I'm also playing Rift at the moment, but regardless of what MMO you play, you're almost definitely going to end up wasting time in a capital or even in some other random place once you hit max level and have no use for 5-mans.

OP, come back if you're planning on playing differently to how you were playing before you quit... if that makes sense?
    In WotLK I didn't really start Raiding until summer time and slowly progressed through ICC10 on normal mode in two casual raiding guilds, one of them disbanded after weeks and weeks of Sindragosa. In Cata we didn't start Raiding for a while, lost a couple of officers so I decided to take a break. Now when I come back to WoW I want to focus on PvP a lot more (done a little towards the end of WotLK and had fun) and if possible join a 25 man Raiding guild, with players who also like to PvP when they're not Raiding or getting stuff ready for Raids.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2011-03-11 at 05:04 PM.