Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastpasta View Post
    If you are hitting Shadowflame on cooldown, and putting it above CB then you are potenitally not bringing any Replenishment to the raid...so you would have to make sure it is coming from elsewhere and just LT as you need to yes?
    Are you confusing shadowflame with felflame? Casting shadowflame every 12 seconds won't stop you casting chaos bolts. Remember that soulfire also gives replenishment too, and you will be casting that every 15 seconds (replenishment has a 15 second duration).

Quote Originally Posted by nilnar View Post
    Are you confusing shadowflame with felflame? Casting shadowflame every 12 seconds won't stop you casting chaos bolts. Remember that soulfire also gives replenishment too, and you will be casting that every 15 seconds (replenishment has a 15 second duration).
    If you are casting Shadowflame on cooldown, you will have no room in your rotatoin for CB was my point. I did not realize that Soulfire also granted replenishment...not sure how I missed this...

Huh? Of course you'll have room for chaos bolt. Shadowflame has a 12 second cooldown...

Quote Originally Posted by nilnar View Post
    Huh? Of course you'll have room for chaos bolt. Shadowflame has a 12 second cooldown...
    So you are saying hit them both on cooldown and drop a couple incinerates to fit SF in? I guess that makes tfe most sense. Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    100% of the difference between you and that totally awesome guy over there is movement and knowing priorities. Knowing what to cast and when, on the fly, in any situation, makes him better. Knowing how far to move and not a single yard more or less, and what to do while moving, makes him better.

Focus on your movement, compare yourself against those you consider better. Chances are they get more spells off with similar gear.

R.I.P. YARG

Dont forget Nether ward either. Pop that bad boy and soak a little fire damage if you have to. Gherkin is very correct in pointing out that the best way to improve your dps is to cast more. Learning exactly how far to move and in what pattern, and where to do it is something that comes with experience. You have tools such as teleport and nether ward to allow you to control your movement. Hell, even death coil will allow you to soak some damage. Healthstones, etc.

On most fights you don't even need to move that much at all. And if you do, it's a few steps at most.

What sort of priority do people go with when moving by the way?

Well,

If moving;
    If Immolate is about to Expire, Fel Flame, Else
    If Soul Fire about to expire and Soulburn available, Soulburn into Soul fire, else
    Conflag when available, else
    If in range for shadowflame, shadowflame, else
    If Bane is about to expire, Bane, else
    If Corruption is about to expire, Corruption, else
    Fel Flame

Using that list about the only thing that drops somewhat frequently is Soul fire. Emphasis is put on keeping Immolate and the other instant casts going.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    100% of the difference between you and that totally awesome guy over there is movement and knowing priorities. Knowing what to cast and when, on the fly, in any situation, makes him better. Knowing how far to move and not a single yard more or less, and what to do while moving, makes him better.

Focus on your movement, compare yourself against those you consider better. Chances are they get more spells off with similar gear.
    I agree with you whole-heartedly Gherkin. I think I am at the point now that my next step forward, the one that will have me ranking in the top 200, needs to be perfection of movement...which is of course unique to each encounter. I will start to approach each encounter we face as an audition of where best to stand...survivability may dip a little in the short term, but in the long term it is the only way to put it all together.

Appreciate your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastpasta View Post
    I agree with you whole-heartedly Gherkin. I think I am at the point now that my next step forward, the one that will have me ranking in the top 200, needs to be perfection of movement...which is of course unique to each encounter. I will start to approach each encounter we face as an audition of where best to stand...survivability may dip a little in the short term, but in the long term it is the only way to put it all together.

Appreciate your feedback.
    I can guarantee that by now your not going to hit top 200 without alot of Heroic raid level gear. But good additiude man! Try and be a little bit better each fight. Treat every fight as a chance to beat your best. Theres always room somewhere for improvement. Dont treat a bad showing as something to fear but as a challenge to excell.

You can always go into your ranking info tab of your WoL reports to see how close you are to getting into the top 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Seclorum View Post
    I can guarantee that by now your not going to hit top 200 without alot of Heroic raid level gear. But good additiude man! Try and be a little bit better each fight. Treat every fight as a chance to beat your best. Theres always room somewhere for improvement. Dont treat a bad showing as something to fear but as a challenge to excell.
    I've hit top 20 10man destro with some blues left. Top 3 affliction too, though that was just before 2.0.6.

Top 200 10 man destro parses are slightly different considering a hell of a lot of 10 man guilds won't have an elemental shaman and a demo lock raiding with the destro lock. On 25man, you can be sure the top 200 destro locks will have all the buffs they need and very good gear (10 man heroic progression isn't exactly as good as 25 man right now), and thus there aren't really many factors that will justify their rank except strategy and skill. There are far too many factors that can affect ranking in 10 man. That's not to say you shouldn't be proud of your ranks, just be aware that many of the 10 man destro locks will not have the same advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    You can always go into your ranking info tab of your WoL reports to see how close you are to getting into the top 200.
    Yeah...we use this info in guild each week, especially with new recruits. There are often ups and downs with class balance that will hide if a player is excelling or lagging with their particular class if you are comparing different classes/specs with each other. By looking at your specific class/spec efficiency % you can see how you are doing compared to other players playing your class on a specific encounter. Yes gear plays a part in this...ie, you could play flawlessly in blues and not come anywhere near 90% class efficiency due to gear...but it is still a very relevant stat to look at to gauge your progress against the best in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flasks, Proper Gemming, Proper Spell Priority, Proper Consumables, Proper CD usage, correct Pet, Proper Reforging all contribute to improving your DPS.

Elitistjerks.com Will give you the correct Spec, Glyphs, Gem Guide and Reforging Options
    Wowmb.com Huge Discussion forums for Warlocks, ask and be answered
    Download SimCraft, and make sure you gear for your current stat weights.
    "Control your own destiny or someone else will."