Page 1 of 2
LastLast

1-60. No assist. How long?

Hey guys.

Basically I'm thinking of leveling a new toon from 1-60 without any speed enhancers to better experience the new Cata storyline. That means no gold, no heirloom items, nothing.

How long, /played wise, do you think it would take to do that.. considering mostly questing and some PvP? I haven't done that for some time so I'm curious if it's still the 5 or 6 days played it used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even close. Don't even count on a day of play time.

Since I did 1-58 in just one day (with heirlooms though), I'd say it is much faster.

I highly doubt it'd be anywhere near 5 or 6 days. I would say 2 or 3, give or take.

With heirlooms(chest/shoulder/back) and 10% guild EXP I get it done in under 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Not even close. Don't even count on a day of play time.
    What he said.

When people used to use RAF with nothing else, it took like 6 hours to get to 60, before Cata.

It took me like 3 days to get to 60 while doing LM (75% grey quests, basically everything after 30 was grey)with no heirlooms or bonuses at all and an instance once every 2 or 3 hours.

The only way to actually experience everything that has changed is to do LM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

If you do the 1-60 thing, you are also not allowed to stop playing until you are done, out of the risk of acquiring any kind of rested exp bonus. So no going to inns for anything more than vendors and turning in quests.

Without any +exp items or guild perks, I can level it in about 2-3 days (Not straight play time). I can't even finish a whole zone without the quests going green/grey.

Less than three days /played. Closer to two if you do a lot of dungeons. Basically, your average hours per level will be barely over one at 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not as long as it used to be because the experience per level has been reduced and the amount gained per quest and kill has been increased, 1-3 days tops I think unless you do side stuff inbetween. Although regardless it is very fun to go back and re-experience it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deleted
    max. 2 days without any +exp modifier and still able to get rich cuz people are lazy for low mats

Well with heirlooms I was able to level 1-58 in less than one ACTUAL day...maybe 6 or 8 hours played time? But I've leveled so many toons and did zones I was fairly familiar with (some are totally different post cata) that it was still pretty familiar and I had no problems. 58-68 was a hell grind for me though. I did 1-85 in a little under 3 days played time.

18 hours-3 days depending on your time spent playing, but it is very easy to level now adays.

1-20 in about an hour, 20-60 in about 8-12 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are doing pvp and actually win BGs, expect it to go very fast. You can get about 1 level per 2 bgs in early levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it in 4 days, like 4-5 hours a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget the extra EXP you wrack up from Mining/Herbalism. It may not seem like much, but it sure adds up. Plus, old school herbs and ore seem to fetch a decent price, most likely from those trying to level professions and unwilling to gather their own mats.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    Your 1- 20 is kinda off imo, 1 1/2 - 2 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    Idk about 1-20 in one hour. I've leveled many, many, many toons from 1-10, just to see the new starting areas and mess around with race/class combos. The fastest I ever got to level 10 was in an hour and seven minutes, with herbalism, as a gnome warlock. Any other class/race seems to take me around an hour and a half. Even with quests that I know blind folded, like the Night elf ones, still took me that long. 1-20 is about three hours. And this was with heirlooms and guild exp perk. No rested.

Edited for mistypes.

It's very fast now....I made a goblin mage, taking my time, reading most of the quests and leveling my professions, and I'd say it took me *maybe* 30 hours and that is including some afk time as well, and I wasn't in a guild nor had heirlooms for most of that part of the journey. Once you hit level 20, each zone you do will give you 5 levels and it doesn't take that long to do a zone. The 1-20 time can change quite a bit by race IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    Well with heirlooms I was able to level 1-58 in less than one ACTUAL day...maybe 6 or 8 hours played time? But I've leveled so many toons and did zones I was fairly familiar with (some are totally different post cata) that it was still pretty familiar and I had no problems. 58-68 was a hell grind for me though. I did 1-85 in a little under 3 days played time.
    If you did 1-58 in 6 hours I want to see a screenshot of that shit because quite frankly I think you are full of shit.