Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

iLvL on PvP Gear

So, I know it's not the BIGGEST issue, but I just hate getting into random heroics and stuff with people in full pvp gear because it has a higher item level then PvE things making it the easier option. They might be able to pull decent dps, but they lose out on a lot of secondary stats and hell sometimes they're using pvp gems too. If it's too much to want people to put effort into something that you put effort into that you've put effort into to make things go faster and smoother then I'm probably in the wrong place... but really i think PvP gear should just have an item level of 1 like BoA. Mostly im just making this because im curious if anyone else feels the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Errr. Nothing wrong with queueing in PvP gear. What would you prefer - that everybody queued up in their quest greens?

i have a couple pieces of pvp gear, but I gem and reforge them to make them as pve as possible. as soon as i find a replacement that's better from a heroic, i replace it. I pull fine dps with them, as it's only 4 pieces and a relic.

no offense, but you are a moron if you think people would be losing out on overall dps/hps/whatever-the-hell-tanks-count by using pvp gear over entry level heroic gear.

i started out raiding in more then half vicious gear and guess what, i was still #1 on the meters.

gear is gear. yes, resilience is NOT better then some pieces of heroic gear, but its also not for any one person to determine the value of a person's gear level if their skill is up to par.

considering you are refering to random heroics, as long as person in my group isnt bad/not doing their job/screwing up repeatedly, im not going to even worry about what they are wearing.

dont judge a bad by his gear, judge a bad by content of his performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulus View Post
    For those of you reading this thread thinking "I've never met any weird people on WoW", then it's probably you.

Epic pvp gear is still better than blue pve gear, because of how good major stats are.

And blue 4-set is still good, because of how good major stats are.

Yea honestly give 'em a break. I'm starting to build a tank set for my war, and he's in full vicious gear. And guess what? I pull the highest dps in most cases. Pretty sure the rest of the group wouldn't want to kick me for a mage with ilevel 320 and pulls 6k dps on bosses. If they are doing heroics that means they're trying to get some pve gear. Don't be hatin'.

the worst is when I invite people for the 1st few bosses of BWD or what not on my alt and a pug says Ilvl 356 and they know the fights and (cheese me with overachiever) and they rock up to the instance in blues and pvp gear... No matter how good you are at pvp... resiliance/= DPS increase.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    so PvP gear is worse then PvE?

so I have to go thru Normal instances before HCs?

kidding me no?

got my 3rd char to 85 today and i am NOT going to pass thru normals as I know tank/healer/dps tactics for every single boss in all HCs just because some idiot like you donnt want me to use PvP gear

"oh the problem is not the ppl who know tactics its ppl who dont!"

oh they dont? then stop being an ass and explain them, not going to kill you

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled View Post
    the worst is when I invite people for the 1st few bosses of BWD or what not on my alt and a pug says Ilvl 356 and they know the fights and (cheese me with overachiever) and they rock up to the instance in blues and pvp gear... No matter how good you are at pvp... resiliance/= DPS increase.
    I'm full PvP and I did 17k DPS on BH while the rogue in full 346 HC gear couldnt pass 15k...
    btw I'm not hit or expertise capped in PvP spec so I dont see your point
    Last edited by Frito25; 2011-03-12 at 05:35 AM.
    what is a Healer saying:
    AFK means: Attack, fight, kill! - Healer is bored with spamming hots.
    WTF means: Way to fight! - Healer loves you for pulling with pyroblast.
    OOM means: Out Of Mobs! - Healer needs a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol tanking heroics in full vicious? and pulling the most dps? all at the cost having your heals need to work harder... No matter what anyone here says if you join any group and you have pvp gear.. you're still gimping the rest of the group because you aren't pulling as much as you should. Ie. Vicious Resto druid shoulders give spirit and resil... compared to spirit cirt? or spirit haste. or if you're a prot paladin! enjoy all your gear with crit/resil and haste resil... or warlocks.. crit resil and haste resil?! Such great itemization. I can see a lot of this hate is purely coming from lazy or bad players. So i'm just going to assume most of you dont mind being carried

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    comparing Vicious to Raid Epics 359 is one thing and there yea, no comparison
    but another completely diferent thing is to compare full vicious, even bloodthirsty, to full 333 from normals
    what is a Healer saying:

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also the deal that PvP gear is actually BiS pre-raid for certain slots. One being a DPS Warrior's Ranged Weapon/Stat Stick, since there aren't any iLevel 333-346 ones, the Strength Thrown weapon happens to be that BiS, not counting the BoE gun because that isn't as easily obtainable except for those willing to burn gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Lol tanking heroics in full vicious? and pulling the most dps? all at the cost having your heals need to work harder... No matter what anyone here says if you join any group and you have pvp gear.. you're still gimping the rest of the group because you aren't pulling as much as you should. Ie. Vicious Resto druid shoulders give spirit and resil... compared to spirit cirt? or spirit haste. or if you're a prot paladin! enjoy all your gear with crit/resil and haste resil... or warlocks.. crit resil and haste resil?! Such great itemization. I can see a lot of this hate is purely coming from lazy or bad players. So i'm just going to assume most of you dont mind being carried
    And the big trade-off to using proper "PvE gear" is the lack of primary stats + Stamina. There is a big jump from a 318 quest green to a 359 PvP epic in stats.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2011-03-12 at 06:18 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but it's not just 333 it's everything.. i've gotten into raids with people wearing a lot of pvp gear.. and all because of it's higher item level it has better primary stats so people just go for it. the whole time neglecting stats they should actually be looking for.

Just like the tank posted above. He's FULL pvp gear and tops dps in all his dungeons... BIG WHOOP my paladin friend is full PVE prot gear and he tops dps on trash pulls.. it's not that hard, but he's also got enough avoidance that healers dont need to to panicking as he gets slapped around.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dont really care, if it was in a raid situation I'd care, but for 5 man heroics? Not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I que up in pvp gear just to piss off folks like you, and make them facedesk when I rip them to shreds in the damage meters.

Blizzard made it an option and you'd be stupid to not use that option on a 3rd, 4th or 5th alt. Or hell, your main if you wish.
    Last edited by ciggy; 2011-03-12 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Hopped up on Sheen

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Letting someone you don't know into a raid on PvP gear is stupid, applicants to guilds need to have full PvE gear or they don't get in, isn't it?

though I'd say DPSs with PvP gear isnt bad, Tanks a bit bad but np...

only real problem is a healer that doesnt have enough spirit for mana regen during the fight, but if they can handle, its perfectly doable
    what is a Healer saying:

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frito25 View Post
    Letting someone you don't know into a raid on PvP gear is stupid, applicants to guilds need to have full PvE gear or they don't get in, isn't it?
    he's talking about 5 mans, not raids. And you are pretty far off on what it takes to get into guilds anymore. Walmart guilds just recruiting up all they can for the perks seem to be the norm anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Yeah, but it's not just 333 it's everything.. i've gotten into raids with people wearing a lot of pvp gear.. and all because of it's higher item level it has better primary stats so people just go for it. the whole time neglecting stats they should actually be looking for.

Just like the tank posted above. He's FULL pvp gear and tops dps in all his dungeons... BIG WHOOP my paladin friend is full PVE prot gear and he tops dps on trash pulls.. it's not that hard, but he's also got enough avoidance that healers dont need to to panicking as he gets slapped around.
    Umm, ever heard of something called Protection specs being viable in PvP for a change? And I do have a PvE tanking set, albeit it's very neglected since PvE isn't of my interest.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    met some tank in pvp gear and he sucked. now i don't like pvp geared players in my dungeons
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

maybe these guys in full pvp gear and pvp gems are doing the daily for their VPs, so they can sell boots or get offset pieces
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    I que up in pvp gear just to piss off folks like you, and make them facedesk when I rip them to shreds in the damage meters.

Blizzard made it an option and you'd be stupid to not use that option on a 3rd, 4th or 5th alt. Or hell, your main if you wish.
    Welll you see i heal.. and you really wouldnt out dps any of the people i normally run with you'd just make my day that much longer