Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 4.1 Zul'gurub Video, Blue Posts, Artworks, Fan Arts

PAX East is this week! If you're interested in previews and announcements, check out the PAX East 2011 Coverage on Curse.com!

Cataclysm - Heroic Zul'Gurub Dungeon and Boss Guide
    Jesse Cox from OMFGcata released a nice video of the updated version of Zul'gurub. If you didn't have time to visit the new instance on PTRs, you should probably spend 15 minutes watching it, you will probably end up thinking "hey, the new ZG is better than I thought!".

Patch 4.1: Addon Messages Will Be Filtered
    Boring stuff you will probably not understand unless you're an addon developer, but it seems important!
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    Addon authors that use chat messages should check that their addons still work in 4.1

Authors will need to add calls to RegisterAddonMessagePrefix() in order to receive addon messages of a particular prefix, presumably during PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD for the majority of addons. Note that this system errs on the side of sending too much; it is possible for addon messages to make it to the CHAT_MSG_ADDON handlers when no addon has registered it.

• RegisterAddonMessagePrefix( <string> )
      • Returns a boolean if successful (could fail if it hits the client side limit of 512 prefixes).

• IsAddonMessagePrefixRegistered( <string> )
      • Returns a Boolean if the prefix has been registered.

• <table> GetRegisteredAddonMessagePrefixes( <table> )
      • Returns a table (or you can pass in a table), that will be filled in with all prefixes that were registered.

Prefixes are limited to 16 characters now, and they no longer take up a portion of the 256 character chat message limit. The server has a 64 prefix limit. If you exceed this limit your client will not filter any messages.

Also: SendAddonMessage() is now allowed for the OFFICER channel.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Winged Raids and Firelands
    A developer working on a particularly awesome Firelands boss encounter today took me on a tour of the dungeon. I think you'll find the layout to be a pleasant change of pace from winged dungeons. Many of the mechanics being worked on that I was shown were quite nifty as well. I'm really excited for this one. (Source)

Quest Phasing
    This is the sort of philosophy we're going for with phasing, as we do feel it's an important tool for storytelling. We do recognize issues where we've "over-phased" zones in the past though, and we generally tried to take a more minimal approach to phasing in Cataclysm. While there is still a good deal of phasing involved in many of the zones, we tried to make each phase a little more intricate and less intrusive on group gameplay. We want to make sure that, in times when a group is required, phasing doesn't hold you back from grouping with friends. (Source)

Phased Ore/Herbs
    It is an issue we're aware of and having been looking into. We've applied a number of hotfixes to phased gathering nodes since the release of Cataclysm, but this one is still there and is certainly a bugger. (Source)

Appearance Tab - Using other items visuals while keeping your real gear
    We have discussed these types of ideas with the developers several times in recent history. We're not entirely opposed to some of the ideas, though the feature would probably be more limited than the functionality many players are asking for.

This is still largely a contested concept though, as we'd want to make sure it's done well and doesn't have unforeseen negative impacts on gameplay/art style. When we have more information to share with you regarding our decision whether or not to move forward, and how, we'll be sure to let you know. (Source)

Blizzard Art Gallery Update
    The World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Art Gallery has been updated with four pieces representing the Warcraft universe.

New Warcraft Fan Art
    The Blizzard Fan Art Section has been updated with ten new pieces of fan artwork set within the Warcraft universe.

You missed a tag on the front page Boub, seems to have merged two news together. Otherwise good post! I'll enjoy watching this video!

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicient View Post
    You missed a tag on the front page Boub, seems to have merged two news together. Otherwise good post! I'll enjoy watching this video!
    One minute later its all fine :P

Nice =) Looking forwards to watching the video!

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, love the Dynasty Warriors music put in the video
    Requests: CLOSED
    To tell you the truth, I don't actually think I'm crazy. I think I'm perfectly normal, and it's the rest of the world that's wrong in the head.

Lady Sylvanas fan art... <3

10+ Year Old Account
    not a big fan of the death knight fan art, but I do love the Lady Sylvanas fan art

I really hope they add an appearance tab in the future.

I know they don't want the work of the designers to go to waste if a lot of people wear older gear for the visuals, but I do think it'll make WoW feel a bit more diverse and alive. Right now almost every member of each class look similar to one another.

I'd love to have my warlock run around with my Tier 5 set for visuals, even if I am wearing Tier 11 for real.

The only real limitation I'd see is with weapons. I think a lot of people would be satisfied if we could just have different armor for visuals and always use our real weapons for visuals.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really dig the DK Blizz art. I love how their armor is just over the top crazy with skulls, chains, runes, and spikes. Also, I'd give my left arm to be able to paint like that.

Deleted
    Appearance Tab. I read and i did something pleasant in my pants... Skrew firelands, skrew everything GIEFF APPERANCE TAB!

Awesome I'm very very pleased they hotfixed alot of these fights. The last fight seemed way to easy and I"m glad they fixed it. It does look hectic and alot of fun. The only fight I'm not a fond of is the panther one. Being a healer with all that damage going out isnt exactly pretty

the appearance tab would basically be exactly like DCUO's Style setting, which isn't a bad thing at all

Deleted
    pih i expected more from ZG, same layout different bosses. Artwork is awesom though .

This is still largely a contested concept though, as we'd want to make sure it's done well and doesn't have unforeseen negative impacts on gameplay
    How can this have negative impacts on gameplay?:/

Firelands will be great I think. It looks great atleast. Tho I want to finish Sinestra first... 8/13 HC atm, hope I'll do it.

We have discussed these types of ideas with the developers several times in recent history. We're not entirely opposed to some of the ideas, though the feature would probably be more limited than the functionality many players are asking for.

This is still largely a contested concept though, as we'd want to make sure it's done well and doesn't have unforeseen negative impacts on gameplay/art style. When we have more information to share with you regarding our decision whether or not to move forward, and how, we'll be sure to let you know. (Source)
    I think the thing that scares them is most classes would probably have a T? set that they love such as T6 for hunter / lock or ofc T2 for paladin but the up side to this has to be that they would need to make new teir gear look really awsome and it would only make the game look cooler

on a side note, they could add that you need to have aquired the item in order to display the skin which would make people go back to old content but not force since its purely an appearance thing and holds no stat changes

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyo View Post
    pih i expected more from ZG, same layout different bosses. Artwork is awesom though .
    Just curious, what more were you expecting? The layout has changed a little bit, not in that the actual fixtures have changed but some paths that were open are redirected now, I don't know what else they could have changed in the instance.

Deleted
    Jesse Cox <33