Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by casby View Post
    The reason being that almost all of destro's spells rely so heavily on immolate. And if immo is easily dispellable with no consequence, you might as well just rename the spec "glorified slower mana drain".

Being a Warlock, according to the class description, is killing an enemy slowly with Damage Over Time spells. As Destro, attempting to dps without immolate, you might as well be just jump around casting fel flame. IMO having some sort of protection is essential to playing the class. Don't get me wrong, I and many other fellow warlocks, have been dealing with this for a long time and we've managed, but no fared so well. It's a simple point, for Destro your core spell shouldn't be so simply dispelled with no consequences.

The spec-specific Demon Soul idea is a good one and one that has been floating about since it's introduction. I'm not surprised that it hasn't been changed yet but I'm hoping that will be something that does get adjusted as we get a little further along into the Cata patches. It is a new spell so someone at Big Blue has to have noticed.
    An undispellable Immolate would be too good. That said they should take the tack they go with other classes. If you use X spell it prevents Y spell from being dispelled for Z seconds.

An Example:

IF you use searing pain your immolate cannot be dispelled for 10 seconds.

With that method you give us protection of immolate but leave in room for error that can be capitalized on by the defender. It also has the upside of allowing you to revitalize a spell that has gone out of use and give it a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Seclorum View Post
    An undispellable Immolate would be too good. That said they should take the tack they go with other classes. If you use X spell it prevents Y spell from being dispelled for Z seconds.

An Example:

IF you use searing pain your immolate cannot be dispelled for 10 seconds.

With that method you give us protection of immolate but leave in room for error that can be capitalized on by the defender. It also has the upside of allowing you to revitalize a spell that has gone out of use and give it a purpose.
    That's actually a really interesting idea. I quite like the sound of that.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by darksaga View Post
    i think immolate should be undispellable... why? because ua should be the dispell protection
    a undispellable immolate would make destro pretty awesome as a solo/bg spec and ok in arenas
    but ua would still be better for group pvp protecting all the other debuffs on the target

i already wrote a couple of ideas on another topic about affliction and ua but here it goes again...

1. Demon Soul should be spec dependent imho
    felhunter as destro 30% more crit
    felhunter as aff 20% more dmg
    felhunter as demo 15% more haste and 10% more shadow/fire dmg
    same with all the other pets

this would give destro a 30% crit and not the 20% dot dmg

2. Shadow Embrace should be removed and dots total dmg should be increased by 15%

3. haunt does 75% more dot dmg(ua dispell 75% more dmg) in addition your dot effects on the haunted traget are doubled (dot proc chance x2, ua silence would be 8 sec on a haunted target)

-Siphon Life Rank 2: When you deal damage with your Corruption spell, you have a 100% chance to be healed for 2% of your total health.
    -Eradication Rank 3: When you deal damage with Corruption, you have 12% chance to increase your spell casting speed by 20% for 10 sec.
    -Nightfall Rank 2: Gives your Corruption and Drain Life spells a 8% chance to cause you to enter a Shadow Trance state after damaging the opponent. The Shadow Trance state reduces the casting time of your next Shadow Bolt spell by 100%. (12% with glyph)

maybe is 8 sec ua/haunt too much, so the base silence could be reduced to 3 sec making a ua haunt silence 6 sec (same as a spelllock)

4. new talent -> improved soul swap: same as the glyph

freeing a major glyph slot for sl or demonic port

5. soulburn ua : ua cast time reduced by 100%

reducing shadowbolt dmg so that the haunt buff would not be too op would be ok. to compensate demo incinerate should do more dmg (maybe increasing cast time to 3 sec and changing improving emberstorn to a 1 sec cast time reduction for incinerate and soulfire)
    why dont we just give locks a new spell that is instant unlimited range cant be resisted that instantly kills the player/mob. ur "idea's" just make warlock class to strong what demo needs is faster cast time on shadow bolt if succubus is the single target pet then we need to atleast be using shadow bolt under 25% when we use demon soul, either that or a buff to the fel guards single target dmg perhaps an auto attack dmg increase?
    I dont really now how to work with destro much because it feels really good when i play it but with the dmg increase on aff if its behind perhaps a faster cast soulfire or buff to chaosbolt.

[/EDIT]
    doing gaint buffs and changes to spells like u are asking for makes alot of people complain and i personally hate relearning a new rotation because blizzard sudden thought oh they have 5 things here that are broken lets fix it! we are in good shape as another thread said, and i believe we are as well, we arent under the ele shamans on movement we arent the top in simC but we also cant play as well as simC and neither can other players keep improving ur game play and u will be at the top of ur meter.
    Last edited by figgis; 2011-03-18 at 03:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mean to sound like I was saying that Immolate should be "undispellable" but that a mechanic much like the current one for UA (albeit stronger so that dispelling it is a serious choice that needs to be considered as opposed to spammed) or even like the one you suggested.

Though Searing Pain wouldn't be my choice for it. Personally, its not even on my bars and have never consider casting it in PVE due to the increased threat of the spell and effective damage being equal to Incinerate. And I've never cast it during PVP because... well I haven't.

If anything, maybe tying the spell protection to Conflagrate or even Fel Flame would be better IMO.

why dont we just give locks a new spell that is instant unlimited range cant be resisted that instantly kills the player/mob.
    Seriously? Some suggestions might be outlandishly awful and some might be great, but I don't think anyone in their right mind is trying to say we need an "IWIN" button. Just fix the inherent idiosyncrasies of the class as it currently stands in a way that they think would help.

You don't agree? Fine. Then say why you don't agree, not rage at them and then add all the things you think are needed because yours are more valid in your mind than others. Relax homey. It's all gravy and in all likelihood nothing will change.
    Rando: "shut up casby. you're dumb."
    Buddy: "casby is all, therefore you are casby, and casby is you, and you're arguing with yourself... and that is very un-casby."
    Me: "What?"
    Buddy: "shush, casby. i'm trying to defend you here." Cons***** leaves the group. "See. I embarrassed him."

Quote Originally Posted by casby View Post

Seriously? Some suggestions might be outlandishly awful and some might be great, but I don't think anyone in their right mind is trying to say we need an "IWIN" button. Just fix the inherent idiosyncrasies of the class as it currently stands in a way that they think would help.

You don't agree? Fine. Then say why you don't agree, not rage at them and then add all the things you think are needed because yours are more valid in your mind than others. Relax homey. It's all gravy and in all likelihood nothing will change.
    im not asking for buffs in the slightest im happy with my lock, but alot of the changes he threw out there are OP and would make us extremely powerful. my buffs? my ideas? idc if they are bad or what not but its the most likely out come a small buff to one or two spells, not extreme new talent(s), different spell effects, and all that stuff he named off, while possible and id much love being that OP its just not likely.

however i do like the conflag and searing pain ideas they would be good to prevent dispels and it would make blizzards famous choice of when to use conflag or not and risk immolate being dispelled.

I just tossed out searing pain because its a quick casting spell that doesnt really get used all that much, meaning if they decided to change its affects it wouldnt negatively impact any spec really.

Ive also been thinking about an eruption mechanic. "If you dispell X then X erupts for Y damage where Y is equal to Z% of X total damage."

So say If you Dispel immolate it erupts and deals 50% of its total damage.

Wouldnt hurt PVE in the slightest but suddenly if you get dispell spammed they only take half damage from the spell. This way they cant completely negate it but it does negate some of it.

I'm stumped with resto shamans...i usually end up stalemating or dying to them slowly because by the time i've got all my dots on them i turn on their totems to have the dots dispelled, to get their totems down and start putting up dots again to have their totems back up, start knocking down totems and the dots are cleansed...

can we automate fel flame to target totems? I've tried to write macros but I can't seem to get them to work. having to pick and choose which totems to down and then click the bouncing player again is just time consuming when the shaman is just clicking one button to drop totems and then one other to cleanse without much thought/effort
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I don't think either one of us wants to be OP. Just well balanced is fine with me. Right now, the biggest thing in my mind that we can all agree on is the dispel protection mechanic being needed for Destruction. How they work it, whether it be a choice thing with searing pain or conflag, i'd be happy with either honestly because protection is protection, and it's very much needed. I'm getting by without it fine in PVE but in PVP i feel gimped when most of my destro spells are tied into Immolate. Shit if nothing else, make dispels cost more mana on the other side. At least then it's not a no-brainer spam button.
    Rando: "shut up casby. you're dumb."
    Buddy: "casby is all, therefore you are casby, and casby is you, and you're arguing with yourself... and that is very un-casby."
    Me: "What?"
    Buddy: "shush, casby. i'm trying to defend you here." Cons***** leaves the group. "See. I embarrassed him."

10+ Year Old Account
    Im personally in favour of shadow embrace being removed or being 1 stack, and UA's dispell damage being buffed to 30k-50k regardless of resil etc (as any healer does not think twice with dispelling these days) some fel hunter love which we got on the ptr atm, so i am content.

i would not want the warlock to be overpowered in any shape or form, as it is in the hands of a good player a warlock is still very potent in terms of the cc/curses we bring to the table.

i have also been raiding as affliction and i am finding it still very rewarding on most fights, im not number 1 but i am still up in the top 6 mostly. Destro still beats me hands down single target wise but that isnt a huge deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyness View Post
    some fel hunter love which we got on the ptr atm, so i am content.
    Am I the only one that doesn't see ANY of these buffs no PTR? My felpup is still biting for 1200 damage...
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side