Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I've long wanted a way to learn the other side's language. Even if it came out "scrambled" to a degree and it involved a long quest chain just to learn one language (and perhaps even limiting it to one language) it would be pretty neat.

Of course, what I'd like to see even more would be faction changes, not as in "pay blizz to change my race" but rather:
    * Long quest chain to change faction.
    * Faction change can only be done once.
    * Once you've changed over you will have neutral rep with your new faction.
    * You will be hated with your old faction.
    * All old faction NPCs will have increased aggro radius.
    * In PvP all old faction players will have a damage buff (something like 5%) applied for their attacks on you and other traitors.

Basically, make it possible to betray your faction but make the price of betrayal high enough that most players won't want to do it.

I've also long wanted to see a "neutral" faction, for a long time I hoped Goblins could be made into such a faction. It would provide for some very interesting non-combat game mechanics. Of course, Cataclysm shattered those hopes...

Quote Originally Posted by aiir View Post
    Hi all,

Ok,Say im horde and I go to Elwynn Forest and weather i do /say or /yell the ally get my message but its like in a different langue?.

And when ally is does /say or /yell,etc it comes up [Common] and then (here) with some other langue

Anything to do to change that orr?...

Thanks.
    you type /e and what you wanna say(example:/e says: Hi! I'm the alliance/horde standing next to you!),and the other player sees it as X and what you typed(X says: Hi! I'm the alliance/horde standing next to you!)
    Other ways of taking to the other side are illegal.
    Everything that is,is alive

-This Signature was made by Geekissexy,The Signature Master.

Deleted
    Actually, from time to time there are ways to communicate. Warlocks, for instance, have a course called "Curse of tongues" which reads "The target is forced to speak demonic, increasing cast time by 50%".
    As additional flavor the target would really speak demonic when using /say, so allies could not understand the messages. This messed with some addons and was far to cool so they took that out.
    But if you were a demonology warlock, you could throw a course on your target, switch to deamon-form and talk to each other.
    During the WotLK opening event, zombies could talk (and even trade, muled a lot of stuff) to other faction members.

Also, the chat menu let you choose the language you want to talk. If you're a draenei you can choos between common and draenei. You could learn different languages due to very special quests, opening up more languages:

I read about several bugs regarding people learned draconic during the AQ opening event, which may be able to speak to each other using draconic, but never tried myself, so dont know if that is true.

Also in the draenei starting area there was a quest which taught you fulborg. After a faction transfer, there was a phase were you keept this ability. Dont know if this still works, also, i've only read about this.

There also are addons which use a set of known words to transmit information, which allows you to chat with other faction members, but they are banned. Some text may let you say small phrases in the other languages, but as far as i know its against the rules, to use all of that stuff.

While I don't think players should be able to openly talk to each other, I do really miss the days of using priests to talk to the opposite faction.

-Mind control enemy player

-emote while controlling them

-other faction can read it

i remember the beta

and cross fraction chat was there.

STV was 1 big flame zone... thus it was removed, thank (an old) god

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sl2059 View Post
    you type /e and what you wanna say(example:/e says: Hi! I'm the alliance/horde standing next to you!),and the other player sees it as X and what you typed(X says: Hi! I'm the alliance/horde standing next to you!)
    That doesn't work, and never has. What rock have you been living under?

The only way to make yourself understood by the other faction is to figure out what kind of letter and number combinations that make words in common or orcish.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2011-03-12 at 05:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sl2059 View Post
    That does not work, as already stated in this thread. Spacing out your letters does not work either.

Many Alliance say things that we can read as Horde, but they're not actually saying it.
    As Alliance if you type 'me wa gf' it shows as 'lo ve me' to Horde. 'd a p ee bb' shows as 'y o u lo se'. Those are the only ones I am personally aware of, and I'm sure there are more possible.

Unless you're Battle.Net friends with the person you're trying to talk to, there's no way to talk to someone on the opposing faction.

Quote Originally Posted by reyu View Post
    there are some codes to send a message that the opposing faction understands (ai am d c p or stuff like that) but i seriously doubt you will be able to have a normal conversation
    This is the only possible way to get any type of message across to the opposite faction. It's why you'll sometimes see an alliance yell something along the lines of "YO U LO SE", or horde saying "L O L HA HA HA" and such. These are only doable with the right combination of spaced out letters typed out in the right way so that the filter translated them into that.

Other than this, there is no way to communicate with the other faction. Even in this manner, it's only useful to taunt and laugh at the player you're ganking, pretty much.

Ok, if you want to talk to opposite faction heres the deal. Figured this out eons ago. Put a space between every letter in a word and double space between words. Like E F F Y O U ! ! or H e l l o and it doesnt get translated. Its a pain, but it works.

In the old beta every race was able to speak and understand the [common] language, this is was swiftly removed because of the massive quantity of insults btw the 2 faction; at least they try to limit this only to undead but in the end they removed this option.
    I would say that the comunity as not matured since that time so the limit persist even today.

Deleted
    Remember, Alliance - create a macro:
    /y D a p Ee bb

Spam this everytime you make horde fail. And use common language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    That does not work, as already stated in this thread. Spacing out your letters does not work either.

Many Alliance say things that we can read as Horde, but they're not actually saying it.
    As Alliance if you type 'me wa gf' it shows as 'lo ve me' to Horde. 'd a p ee bb' shows as 'y o u lo se'. Those are the only ones I am personally aware of, and I'm sure there are more possible.
    love me is "ee oo ss" :< unless both work

Gone are the days of "NO ANAL N*GGA", that used to be the easiest one to do between factions. I was surprised it took blizz so long to make it unreadable.

they should make learning a language of another race (on the same faction) similar to the guild rep.

so like if I'm an orc and I want to learn Thalassian, anything that would give me rep with Silvermoon would also give me a "language" rep. the language rep gains you receive would increase in amount depending on that faction's rep but would be much much slower than the faction rep and would not be affected by tabards
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    When the game was really young, couldn't priests mind control the other faction, then talk in say, and they could understand it?

Quote Originally Posted by Doowoo View Post
    My axe would like to talk with the alliance.
    My sword would like to reply : )

Quote Originally Posted by nyhcjedi View Post
    Take away from world pvp? How about ignite world pvp on every server. The problem is with this game is there is no real way to develop any player driven politics in this game. I guarantee world pvp would flourish if people could smack talk each other. Of course in other games this is how they do things. If you don't like it you can turn off that particular chat screen(in other games). This would ignite server politics, instigate rivalry, promote people going out in the world. That is the one main thing missing from this game. No personal connections to another player. I would love to see something like this applied to servers, at least the pvp ones.

Oh and I'm calling for language barrier removal. it's silly at this point for lore reasons. I mean on pve servers the lore is already to hell when you have allies and horde picking daises together in the fields, helping each other kill mobs. Give me a break.
    i don't know what games you been playing, but I played a lot of MMOs. The language barrier in WoW is one the most brilliant aspects of the game and the main reason that faction hatreds are more intense in Wow than any other game: You can't be friends with people you can't talk, they won't whine at you if you slaughter them over and over again, they won't make you feel an asshole for murdering them when they ask "Please, stop killing me, I only trying to enjoy the game the few spare hours I got". No, their "Please" will be read as some gutterspeak by you, that gutterspeak could very much mean "Screw yourself you fat nerd". So, in doubt what he is trying to say, you just kill him again. The only thing he can do to stop you is to call his friends to gank you, which could very possibly lead to a small PvP war.