Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Apple fans, How do you deal with no flash?

So i got this ipad as a gift, and I must say it is pretty cool. I really prefer to use it over my laptop.

However I go to a lot of websites that have flash, and I am unable to browse them correctly because Apple does not allow flash on any of their products.

I know a lot of you guys/gals have iphones, and probably a bunch have ipads as well. How do you deal with no flash?

I dont have an ipad thow my dad does but i just despise this hole flash thing... grrr thow prob this a good deal for apple since ppl will pay for mini games instead of just playing for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had no respect for Apple, but somehow I just lost even more respect for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

I don't really go to many websites that need Flash nor do I play any Flash games. I have an iPhone and iPod and it makes no difference to me. Most of the time if I really need/want to go to a site with Flash on it, I'm close to a computer and use that. It is the only thing I really don't like about Apple, but everything else I'm a happy customer with.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluxo View Post
    This. ))

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cause the only site that I use that requires flash is youtube. And with HTML5 around the corner, flash is soon going to be obsolete.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    I get by it by not using Apple products. They're expensive, slow and limited.

Deleted
    Apple is for people who like to show off tbh. Maybe the design is "prettier" or more "slick", but that's it. You do not really get anything extra for the crap load of money you pay extra. I still use an Mp3 music player and not an ipod, shit is fucking overrated -.-

You make it sound as though Apple does not support Flash at all.

The only product that doesn't support Flash from Apple would be the iPhone/Touch & iPad which I barely use myself so it doesn't bother me too much.

A simple solution to some websites using flash would be to find an Application for that website in the App Store which you can mostly download for free (Youtube, etc.).

---------- Post added 2011-03-12 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    Apple is for people who like to show off tbh. Maybe the design is "prettier" or more "slick", but that's it. You do not really get anything extra for the crap load of money you pay extra. I still use an Mp3 music player and not an ipod, shit is fucking overrated -.-
    This topic is about Apple compatibility with Flash, not "How shit Macs are" or "How absurdly overpriced they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Cause the only site that I use that requires flash is youtube. And with HTML5 around the corner, flash is soon going to be obsolete.
    You can already use HTML5 on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/html5
    i5 2500k, GTX 660Ti , Asrock Z68 Pro3-M, 8GB RAM

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortcircut View Post
    You can already use HTML5 on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/html5
    Oh I know, I didn't mean required as in HAD TO, I meant more along the lines of youtube is one of the few sites that uses flash for what it was designed to be used for. Most sites that utilize it use it to make their site look "pretty".
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluxo View Post
    Skyfire.
    Im going to give this a try, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    iphones are the most expensive, they can't do flash, and you have to pay twice as much to get something as basic as a sat nav. Android gives you all this for free and costs half the price. This is why android is now more popular than iphones.
    The 16GB iPhone 4 is $199 and the 32GB is $299. My T-Mobile G2 cost $199 when I bought it, and if I included the price of a 32GB micro SD card, that would bring the price to about $280~. That doesn't appear to be twice the cost, and most of the top-end Android phones are around $199, unless there is some special promotion going on.

As for no built in flash support on iOS devices, flash is dying anyways, HTML5 is the future.

Also, I used to be like some of you people, very biased and hate for a company for no apparent reason, then I got a MacBook and fell in love with it. Apple products are not "overrated" or even ridiculously expensive either, sure some of their products are a bit pricey, but for the most part, products of similar hardware are not that different in price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned from years of using Apple products, they are defiantly not slow. As for limitations, sure the iPhone does have some compared to Android(Reason why I have an Android), but OS X is a very powerful OS that can do so much. And like I said above, Apple products can cost a little more, but products of similar hardware are not that far off. You're also paying for very high quality design and manufacturing.
    Last edited by nsupra27; 2011-03-12 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nsupra27 View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned from years of using Apple products, they are defiantly not slow. As for limitations, sure the iPhone does have some compared to Android(Reason why I have an Android), but OS X is a very powerful OS that can do so much. And like I said above, Apple products can cost a little more, but products of similar hardware are not that far off. You're also paying for very high quality design and manufacturing.
    I can give some input here. I worked at a university as a lecture theatre tech, we ran both a Windows machine and a Mac machine in each room (Windows XP and OS X), and the Macs gave us so much more of a headache than the Windows machines ever did. At the end of the day it was typically the Macs that would need rebooting because they were screwing up. Calls for help due to system error were more for the Mac than the Windows machines. They continually lock up, cause problems, slow down lectures, and are just a pain in the ass in general to work with. The ONLY way that Apple sells products is to people who prefer aesthetics over function. But being that half of the uni demanded to use a Mac, we had to supply them.

On a personal level, the computer that I put together myself 2 years ago for $2000 was going to cost around $8000 for a Mac of similar specs. Buying a Mac is BY FAR more expensive than any other computing platform. You're not paying for very high quality design and manufacturing. You're paying for something that looks pretty and has years of advertising around it pushing that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    High five!
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

iphones are the most expensive, they can't do flash, and you have to pay twice as much to get something as basic as a sat nav. Android gives you all this for free and costs half the price. This is why android is now more popular than iphones.

I personally am going to get the Xperia Play in 3 weeks on an 18 month contract, by which time hopefully the Xperia Play 2 will be out with better hardware. Don't know why anyone would purchase any apple product anymore other than because they are loyal to the brand.

Apple Products at the moment = Average product that is the most expensive and has the least features = Waste of money if you ask me.
    1) iPhones are not the most expensive. All comparable android devices are either equal in price or cost more.

2) The only reason why Android is more popular is it's available across all services. iPhone was ATT-only since its inception. It's true that an Android is far more nerd-friendly, but 99% of the population don't even know that their phones are capable of updating.

3) iOS is a tighter OS than Android. I don't like it as much because it isn't open-source(which kills me inside because I love flashing new stuff), but that doesn't change the fact that it has, bar none, the single tightest filesystem out there. The coding is superior in almost every way, it's just boxed-in.

4) Looks like a cool phone(your PS3 choice phone). Just hope they push updates through, unlike their ATT android phone that's still running 1.6. With apple, you are guaranteed a software update when they roll through. And they always roll through. It's not as quick(or cool) as going over to XDA and loading a custom ROM, but it's guaranteed updates until the software surpasses the hardware to a point where it would harm the phone(that would be like putting windows Vista on a computer designed for 95).

5) Actually, the iPhone 5 is going to have a dualcore processor in it, making it equal to the other Tegra Processor phones out there, at least in terms of speed. Don't know about the other features, but the new iPhone is going to kick ass for sure. The iPad is not only the best tablet you can get right now, but also the cheapest of all the dual-core tablets out there by a long shot(fucking IRONIC, really). That's not to say that the iPad2 and iPhone5 won't be out-matched in half a year, but in the now they are at the top of the totem pole.

Really, the only reason why I personally don't go apple is they're not open-source. I used to be heavy into gaming and despised all things apple, but now that my schedule doesn't allow that crap anymore, I can easily see why a boxed-in, superbly tight OS that does what I want it to do with little to no effort on my part is attractive. I still like putting a lot of effort into tweaking things software-wise, but that may not be the case later on. And really, of all the arguments, "limited use" is one of the poorest people can offer. Unless you're very heavily into software development and messing around with literally everything you install on your computer(I don't mean with built-in menus, I mean with actual code) then you're not missing anything on an Apple anyways. They're still expensive as hell, and I don't think they'll ever drop that moniker of "luxury products", but if they weren't that company another certainly would be. But until then, I'm happy on my windows machine and my lovely, lovely, lovely android device.

iphones are the most expensive
    No.

This is why android is now more popular than iphones.
    Because Android is a phone and iPhone is an operating system, so it's ok you compare them.

Just don't comment if you have no clue whatsoever about current phones or OS's.

Deleted
    HUH, my ipod touch runs flash :c

Deleted
    HUH, my ipod touch runs flash :c
    HUH, I was on the moon yesterday.

Next time your in an apple store take a good look wet the floor and the glass in the store. The glass was specially imported from Australia. The stone on the floor...Steve jobs was in italy when he found it and had to have it in his stores, so he literally bought the mountain it's mined from! Apple products are overpriced to pay for useless things like this.

Bought my iPad2 yesterday at the local apple store went to pay.... Where's the friggen cash register?? No cash registers you pay via the store reps iPhone and have your receipt emailed to you. Maybe if all that needless stiff was done away with I could've got my iPad for anlittle less. I doubt it, don't like apple, never have, never will, bought this cause I want a tablet and can't afford a contract that is required on the xoom.