Thread: Apple

Apple

Minimum character requirement
    Last edited by TheGiant89; 2011-03-13 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...um...okay?

I wouldn't know. I've never even heard of the Apple store before.
    However, if true, it's a bit rude of them. Obviously.

What do you want us to say?

Deleted
    Theres no obligation to tell you how many units there are; and its not a question the store reps might even know themselves thus the lack of answer. No idea where you got this self entitlement from.
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I've never even heard of the Apple store before.
    Its mostly a US thing. In many large cities - Apple has stores dedicated to selling their own merchandise. Its also where repairs and replacements for faulty products are commonly handled.

Deleted
    I do not know now but I got a friend that seems to be quite addicted to apple stuff so I'll ask him if I see him at the bar xD

This might be the reason, just a guess on my part. --->
    The reason they will not inform you if you are indeed wasting your time is just simple marketing. If you finally make it into the store and then find out you can't get an Ipad you might be inclined to look around the store and maybe pick something else up in the meantime. Thus causing them to make money even if their main object is out.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Its mostly a US thing. In many large cities - Apple has stores dedicated to selling their own merchandise. Its also where repairs and replacements for faulty products are commonly handled.
    *Tips hat* Thank you. I googled it fast, but it seemed to be an online phenomenon. Oh well :'D

While the experience is often different for the retail store locations (I am an online employee), I have had thousands of customers ask me how many units each store is going to have, how big lines are, etc. Believe me, I would love to tell you, but there are 2 reasons why I can't. The first, and most obvious, is that I just don't know. The numbers aren't given to me for each and every store, and I usually have to refer you (if you're chatting with me), to the store itself. And for those asking why I can't call for them and find out, it's because at the center I work at has a no-phone policy, and we are blocked from leaving the main Apple Site. If we circumvent and are caught (very easy, since there is a supervisor standing directly behind us at all times), we are fired, no questions asked.

The second reason is not always obvious: If we do happen to know these numbers, we are forbidden from speaking of them, since we are only supposed to discuss stuff that's on our site. This is the thing that gets (well, at least my customers), so riled, is that I can't tell them what seems like obvious information, like RAM amounts, brand of hard drive, chipset manufactuers, etc. Since that info isn't listed on the site, I'm not allowed to say, under the threat of firing. Lots and lots of cursing directed at me because of this.

I hope this has shed a light on perhaps why numbers and line sizes were not given to you. We really don't do it on purpose, we just really need our jobs!

Thanks for reading!
    Kortezz

Likely reason they don't give out stock amounts is because they don't want people to storm the shop in an attempt to be one of xxx people to get one.

Just more examples of why I don't buy Apple's stuff. Has nothing to do with their hardware, they make very reliable things. But the attitude, you can almost smell the arrognce walking by an Apple Store.