1. #1

    Best weapons for combat rogue

    Hi everyone,

    I have an alt that's an assassination rogue but i've dual specced combat and was wondering which are the best weapons for best dps. Are daggers still best? Do you still get the advantage of better damage when daggers are equipped or are one handed swords/axes better?

    Thanks
    drew

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I have an alt that's an assassination rogue but i've dual specced combat and was wondering which are the best weapons for best dps. Are daggers still best? Do you still get the advantage of better damage when daggers are equipped or are one handed swords/axes better?

    Thanks
    drew
    Oh my god, since when didn't you play combat? (Not flaming you, just thinking this is hillarious) since dagger-combat-rogues have been crappy since... early BC, or something.

    On topic: Use a slow weapon in your mainhand, an axe, fist, sword, mace, doesn't matter. For your offhand, you want the fastest weapons possible (1.5, 1.4), and there are only fast daggers ingame now (85-endgame), so you have no weapon choice there.

    As long as you get no expertise-racial-bonus on your weapon, it's not important which one you use for your mainhand. There are no weapon specs any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

  3. #3
    So for lvl 85 end game raids, what do you think to say soulblade on main hand and scaleslicer on off hand? Also can i still coat my weapons with poisons or is landslide enchant better?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    So for lvl 85 end game raids, what do you think to say soulblade on main hand and scaleslicer on off hand? Also can i still coat my weapons with poisons or is landslide enchant better?
    You coat your weapon with poisons and landslide.
    Every weapon can carry a duration-weapon-buff, and an enchant.

    Well, the soul blade will do its job, but you're probably btter off with an agility-weapon (wouldn't waste landslide on a strenth weapon)
    You can buy maimgor or the mainhand claw of torment/agony on the AH, or get the agility sword from valiona.

    Spaleslicer is the best option for the offhand, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

  5. #5
    yeah i wouldn't waste gold on a soul blade, even if the weapon damage / dps made it better than your current weapon. any other slow agility weapon would be tops though.

    Oh, plus what other dude above me said. Forgot there was a slow BoE agi weapon

  6. #6
    oh yeah, sorry, that's my Main warrior character coming through, agility weapon ofc lol. Nice to know you can use poisons and have weapon enchants, thanks for the advice.

  7. #7
    Maimgors Bite is a slow off-hand only weapon though right? So since it is a slow weapon too it wouldn't be an option for CB Rogues?

    Sorry if I'm wrong, I haven't played wow for a good month or so :3

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsayyar View Post
    Maimgors Bite is a slow off-hand only weapon though right? So since it is a slow weapon too it wouldn't be an option for CB Rogues?

    Sorry if I'm wrong, I haven't played wow for a good month or so :3
    Correct. Maimgor's Bite is essentially custom made for Enhancement shamans, a love letter to them if you would.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsayyar View Post
    Maimgors Bite is a slow off-hand only weapon though right? So since it is a slow weapon too it wouldn't be an option for CB Rogues?

    Sorry if I'm wrong, I haven't played wow for a good month or so :3
    This seems to contradict the advice from the earlier poster. I thought it was slow MH weapon and fast OH weapon, 2.6 been slow and 1.4 been fast, correct me if I'm wrong.

  10. #10
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    147
    You're not wrong.
    I believe the earlier poster (The one who suggested Maimgore) had forgotten or was unaware that the weapon was an offhand.
    Also known as Ququ! Crying in game since 2005!

  11. #11
    The best weapons to use before heroic raids for combat would be either krol decapitator or stormwake, tempest's reach of the galeburst (zephyr isn't a bad option either) in MH, and scaleslicer in off hand.

    The BWD trash BoE fist weapon and the axe from nefarian are also options (and they are identically itemized, too), but not as good. The sword off Valiona and Theralion is quite poorly itemized for combat.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2011-03-13 at 07:17 AM.

  12. #12
    V&T Sword, Nef Axe, Claws of Torment or a correctly itemized sword from Al'akir - Main Hand
    Scaleslicer or Cho'gall 1.4 dagger - Offhand

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •