Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    I dont know their side of the
    The 3 of us were in the same team so once those 2 guys started ninjapulling we didnt attack or anything, let them do their part of the dungeon now and they ran away but eventually they killed the punch or basicly the warrior soloed....pally just ran away and selfhealed.

Call me a douche but they begged for it, and since im the healer i have control over many things and i tend to punish people who act like that.
    Ive been called a noob many times in randoms no matter what reasons but most of the time im not the tank nor the healer. So i just have to live with it.
    But when im in an important role, its always a sweet revenge to all those people who cannot control their jealousy. >
    Hmmmm, I'm really having to wonder here. My son on the weekend runs his many toons around battlegrounds and Dungeons and so far he's not been kicked out once and he doesn't get called a noob. He goes in does his job and leaves. He tanks, Heals and DPSes. It's pretty rare he gets frustrated with people, they normally have to do some pretty retarded things for him to even mention them. Granted he does talk trash to me about the warriors and DKs running around in Intellect gear or using a Staff for a weapon. But has you noted, the lowbie Dungeons are easy enough, that no one seems to care.

So I have to wonder what's really going on if you're getting called Noob many times, when a 14 year old can play all weekend and not have any issues.

I've never heard anyone call the BOA gear "noob gear". Can't really imagine why anyone would consider it noob gear. It's not needed, but with up to 35% more XP, I like it because I hate leveling.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2011-03-13 at 01:35 AM.

Deleted
    It's probably just jealousy for the most part

10+ Year Old Account
    <-- Doesn't use heirlooms. Takes the fun out of leveling for me :\. If anything those people are just jealous.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

I dont know their side of the votekick but if you read i couldnt kick them...2hr 'cooldown' or whatever the heck it is....

Low level dungeons especially can be even 2 manned by a healer and something who can tank and dps. So playing a team with the newer guys or the normal people in the grp is just the way to go. We can ditch the idiots to the next dumpster if they really beg it.

I only regret one thing for doing during that run, i ressed the tank when he died. *faceslap*
    I though that death would teach him how to behave but no :P

The 3 of us were in the same team so once those 2 guys started ninjapulling we didnt attack or anything, let them do their part of the dungeon now and they ran away but eventually they killed the punch or basicly the warrior soloed....pally just ran away and selfhealed.

Call me a douche but they begged for it, and since im the healer i have control over many things and i tend to punish people who act like that.
    Ive been called a noob many times in randoms no matter what reasons but most of the time im not the tank nor the healer. So i just have to live with it.
    But when im in an important role, its always a sweet revenge to all those people who cannot control their jealousy. >
    After all, Im not the person who cant behave like a normal person in the first place.

to the poster above: i did report them(7 hour waiting so no instant help) and the queue times are not 15 minute in the early morning on my server. Last night i was queued for 1 hour without a tank found.
    I do dungeons during the day too, but you do realise with a main i usually do his stuff during the day like raiding. So its not an option to stop queueing after midnight.
    Im not going to post on the official forums, ive posted not many times there but everytime ive done so the next day my topic is alrdy on the third page without a single replies. And i wanted opinions!
    And this situation have happened more than once, only this time it was 2 persons and we couldnt kick them AND they didnt kick me.
    I beg to differ.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have never ever once been called a noob for having BOA gear. Mind you, I've leveled quite a few characters with them as well. Therefore, I conclude that your encounter was a one-time thing.

However, I do not agree with your attitude of "don't heal the tank because he called me a name". Either do your job or kindly bow out. Queues are short and chances are you'll get a more respectful group.

Seems like it was your fault. Everything went spiraling downwards when you decided that you didn't want to heal some one who called you a Noob. I always just retaliate with a funny joke or something and everything goes back to happy and fun. You though...I dunno what you were trying to do. Refusing to heal some one for insulting you is just silly. Just....I dunno....get over it. ^_^'

Deleted
    I've seen people being called noobs for wearing heirlooms, but mostly because they were wearing pvp heirlooms or the wrong armor class. It may even have happened to me once or twice. When I was leveling my resto druid during Wrath, I used cloth heirlooms. It's no big deal, but some people like to criticize other players for no reason whatsoever.

I've also seen people being called noobs who also happened to be wearing heirlooms. The heirlooms indicate someone has been playing at max level for at least a while, but if you're ranking 4th or even 5th on the Recount damage done meter, people will still call you a noob.

Deleted
    Ive actuly seen more bad things from people in heirlooms my main realm is currently full i cant bring myself to delete any lvl 70+ char and i just love the new 1-60 so lvled a few now i even got kicked from a random on a priest alt becos i dident have any heirlooms all the time theres a heirloom decked player in the random they whine that i and the others dont have it its getting annoying realy..
    And no im not transfering a char to another realm just to lvl 20% faster its not worth it.

I won't level a toon without full heirlooms. And even then, not without full enchants on said heirlooms. And even then, not without a guild that gets at least the 10% bonus XP and cloak. And even then, not unless I'm bored out of my skull and have literally nothing else better to do; and considering I watch Biggest Loser and Amazing Race, that's saying something.

Levelling became a lot less painful in Cataclysm but after levelling two toons through the Horde-side content 1 to 60, I'm now over it again. And even whilst doing it, it wasn't exactly painless, just less painful.

Anyone who calls you a noob for wearing heirlooms in a dungeon can just sit back and weep as I own them in DPS/HPS or TPS.

you know i find that real funny ebcause i've been put down by groups for the exact opposit, i started a rogue on a new server that i was thinking of xfering to so i dn'dt have boa gear whatever and got greifed by noobs in dungeons because lol you suck you have no boa gear yet i was still pumping 2nd on dps 90% of the time or 1st and yet they found it funny to not heal me and greif me because i wasn't in boa gear so i wasn't leet like them
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

10+ Year Old Account
    so the tank died cuz i stopped healing him
    Well, you ARE a noob.

OT: Usually heirlooms => alt => experienced player, but sadly that's not guaranteed. I met quite a few players with heirlooms that acted arrogantly while having a little understanding of their role in a dungeon or specific mechanics of their class. I myself like to level an alt from time to time (even though I hardly got any of them to the max level), and I didn't hear a single bad comment about my heirloom items or overall performance during an instance run.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    I won't level a toon without full heirlooms. And even then, not without full enchants on said heirlooms. And even then, not without a guild that gets at least the 10% bonus XP and cloak. And even then, not unless I'm bored out of my skull and have literally nothing else better to do; and considering I watch Biggest Loser and Amazing Race, that's saying something.

Levelling became a lot less painful in Cataclysm but after levelling two toons through the Horde-side content 1 to 60, I'm now over it again. And even whilst doing it, it wasn't exactly painless, just less painful.

Anyone who calls you a noob for wearing heirlooms in a dungeon can just sit back and weep as I own them in DPS/HPS or TPS.
    thats a bunch of bull shit rofl
    a non heirloom geared player can ass rape a person in heirlooms,just because u got gear doesn't give u skill as said i level a warrior from 15-60 in dungeons / pvp got full high warlord, bged and ass raped people in 2 hits as arms Epics Beat heirlooms that are equal to low scaled blues, but hey warriors are op

Ah the tears I get from low level BG's being in full heirloom, from being called nub, to twink and that I didn't farm my gear like I should in the old days. All I do is /facepalm and make sure not to heal / assist them for the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    I wish my guild was level 20...

For reals? 10% from the chest, 10% from the shoulders, 10% from the helm, 5% from the cloak, 5% from the ring (if you're lucky), and 10% from guild perks. A 50% bonus to exp? Pshaw.
    actually its multiplicative so its 1.1*1.1*1.1*1.05*1.05*1.1=1.62 so 62% bonus if you have all last time i checked (unless they changed that)
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducon View Post
    I beg to differ.
    One of the reasons I do not heal is because I'm that horrible, snobby healer that picks and chooses who gets healed based on how much of a douchebag they are.

If you treat me or anyone else in the group (regardless of whether or not I know them) like shit without provocation, no heals. Simple as. If you're a retarded DPS that keeps pulling shit, no heals. If you're a retarded DPS that repeatedly attacks the wrong target or does something stupid to pull aggro, no heals.

I don't think that kind of behavior is too abnormal, though.

I just kick tanks that act like assholes, and if I can't kick 'em, I leave group. I won't ruin the rest of the group's run by killing the tank though.

You are an awesome person OP, how dare those people insult you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive done quite a few low level random runs every once in a while. Just today our guild gained level 20 and heirloom helmet wohoo!
    Now this has happened before, but 2 people in the random called me and 2 of the dps noobs, and we all had heirlooms. now the tank itself didnt and "offtank" who was in tank gear and spec had maybe one heirloom and they were same of mind.

Both called us noobs right at the beginning of the dungeon....and you dont call healer a noob if you dont want to die, so the tank died cuz i stopped healing him. Then he whined some more. Eventually i said we can easily 3 man the dungeon while you 2 go away....obviously they didnt leave and we ended up 3 manning the whole cave while the obvious kids followed us.
    And the most disturbing thing...WE COULDNT KICK THEM????, everytime i tryied it said "that player can not be kicked for 2hr".
    Whats up with that?

These guys didnt say it straight that we are noobs cuz we have heirlooms, but i have heard people say so before...

Seriously im sick of this accusing when i just want to level up quicker cuz i find leveling boring. I dont say cataclysm sux but ive already leveled 2-3 characters and also did some quests on my main just for fun in low level zones so i believe i have the rights to boost my alts experience gain with heirlooms as i have earned them! by contributing for my guild's leveling and getting the money for such items.

A pic of what the maintank('offtank' is just wandering) did while letting us 3 man:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../retardkid.jpg

What do you guys say about heirlooms?
    What i dont understand is why the OP cant see the irony in being called a noob by someone who is quite clearly, genuinely a proper noob.

why take such an offence to it? laugh it off, clearly said noob hasnt got a scooby wtf's he's talking about. You know he hasnt, its win right?
    rather than deciding to not heal (although i relish being a bitch not healing at times too), how about really rubbing some salt in the wound.

Educate the said twat on wtf heirlooms are, and what it takes to gain access to them.
    If that dont work, pity the twat and leave the idiot to eventually kill himself on something that was missing a safety label :P

As for a 2hr kick timer - no idea. Never heard it being brought up before. But hey, stick the dick on ignore, finish instance.... problem gone for good, win/win

(flamer inc i guess) guild just hit 20 tonight, 8 lvl 85's and to at 50% through 84 :-/ shouldnt have rushed it :-s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inforsir View Post
    thats a bunch of bull shit rofl
    a non heirloom geared player can ass rape a person in heirlooms,just because u got gear doesn't give u skill as said i level a warrior from 15-60 in dungeons / pvp got full high warlord, bged and ass raped people in 2 hits as arms Epics Beat heirlooms that are equal to low scaled blues, but hey warriors are op
    High Warlord with Wotlk enchants is good for like 5 levels before heirlooms become better again? And any socketed item you encounter from level 58 onwards will be better than a vanilla epic.

Deleted
    blizz should remove the CD on votekicks.
    the will of three ppl outweighs the will of 2. always.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler View Post
    I've seen people being called noobs for wearing heirlooms, but mostly because they were wearing pvp heirlooms or the wrong armor class. It may even have happened to me once or twice. When I was leveling my resto druid during Wrath, I used cloth heirlooms. It's no big deal, but some people like to criticize other players for no reason whatsoever.

I've also seen people being called noobs who also happened to be wearing heirlooms. The heirlooms indicate someone has been playing at max level for at least a while, but if you're ranking 4th or even 5th on the Recount damage done meter, people will still call you a noob.
    off topic- im altoholic. got every single class maxed except warrior and hunter (those two i can "borrow" from time to time from my husband account) , so i did level a resto dru in cloth heirlooms. And why is this noobish? since stats are just the same and you DONT have the armor prof. till high level so...
    off off topic. As i said - i lvl alot, in heirlooms, tho i dont mind if someone dont have them. even better then- that means he/she is a new player, and this is a sign game community grows. Ive never been called names for using h-looms. Never saw caliing names for having/not having those. To all that point fingers at ppl who not wear heirlooms- please, have in mind that NEW (like new new) people also can join the game. Yes, sometimes they do not know what to do, where they are and you need to be patient. And sometimes they just can kick your butt in dps/pvp. Because their are just good players. Dont judge the book by its cover. Remember that.
    On topic (sorry for the wall of text). There are some people out there, who can be childish. Ignore them. leave them to their world. You could leave the dung. and reqq you know. Giving the circumstances one of Your friends is a warr he could even q. as a tank. it would be 1sec await. yet you decided to go on...so. having one (or two) stupid people throwing stones at you - you didnt think, just took stones at face and make their life even more easy by carrying them thru dungeon.
    Last edited by mmocee1c747773; 2011-03-13 at 02:28 AM.