Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    ive never seen that tbh. every time i see someone decked in BoA gear, i let out a sigh of relief.
    im so happy when im grp'd with ppl in boa gear. 9 out of 10 times they know wtf to do, and they usually blow mobs to pieces.

1 of my fav low lvl dungeon runs was with a random grp who happened to be full boa (at the time, no helm / back yet) myself included, and we just rofl stomped the whole place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekx View Post
    ive never seen that tbh. every time i see someone decked in BoA gear, i let out a sigh of relief.
    im so happy when im grp'd with ppl in boa gear. 9 out of 10 times they know wtf to do, and they usually blow mobs to pieces.
    It would appear, you have what so many clueless fuckwit brats dont have

a brain sir!

I've never been accused of being a noob because of my heirlooms, if anything I've been greeted with enthusiasm, especially on my Priest... Groups are excited to know that: 1. I've been playing the game for a while and 2. I've got better than average gear which means there's a good chance I'll be able to keep them alive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne View Post
    off topic- im altoholic. got every single class maxed except warrior and hunter (those two i can "borrow" from timewe to time from my husband account) , so i did level a resto dru in cloth heirlooms. And why is this noobish? since stats are just the same and you DONT have the armor prof. till high level so...
    Level 50, which is pretty low. But I still used leather heirlooms (and other leather items) on my hunter after that. If you're playing a shaman, druid caster, holy paladin or hunter, you probably won't get the bonus most of the time anyway. If you only take upgrades from your own armor class, you'll probably be wearing level 15 items at level 60.

This is kind of backwards logic, because people who know the least about how to play the game are new at it, probably haven't leveled a character to 85, and don't have heirlooms.

I think those guys are jealous, or he's criticizing you for being worse in heirlooms than most people not wearing heirlooms he's met. (I still don't know how my heirloom'd warlock is doing so little dps...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    (I still don't know how my heirloom'd warlock is doing so little dps...)
    Because warlocks do very little damage at low levels. My warlock does half as much damage at level 40 as my hunter, paladin and warrior did (all equally geared, full heirlooms).

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    so the tank died cuz i stopped healing him.
    That part right there makes me want to call you noob/retard as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    This is kind of backwards logic, because people who know the least about how to play the game are new at it, probably haven't leveled a character to 85, and don't have heirlooms.
    being a newbie and a noob is 2 entirely different things though.
    Newbies can't have heirlooms, noobs can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    being a newbie and a noob is 2 entirely different things though.
    Until the English dictionary starts to include leetspeak, they are exactly the same thing. The first one being a correctly spelled version of the word and the latter not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler View Post
    Until the English dictionary starts to include leetspeak, they are exactly the same thing. The first one being a correctly spelled version of the word and the latter not.
    Well for the past 15 years they have been 2 different things, so in my eyes they are 2 completely different things.
    newbie = new
    noob = someone who's played enough that he should know what he's doing but performing/acting as a newbie.

It's only in recent years they've melded and become basically the same thing. But I guess I'm "old-fashioned".. same thing with the word gank having different meaning for different people, for me as an old player it means gang kill whereas for todays players it basically means owning someone in 1on1 over and over (camping) or 1vs1vsmob.
    Last edited by Caelia; 2011-03-13 at 03:42 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just reply to anyone who tries to insult you with "k." Drives them crazy because they aren't effectively p!$$!ng you off... I've made quite a few people completely rage quit groups by doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Well for the past 15 years they have been 2 different things, so in my eyes they are 2 completely different things.
    newbie = new
    noob = someone who's played enough that he should know what he's doing but performing/acting as a newbie.
    I somewhat disagree. At least my experince in the "good ol" CounterStrike days, any of the Newb\Noob variances seemed to be particularly used any player that wasn't good enough to be in CAL-M. This was around 2001-2ish. Eventually it became a general insullt and that's when I saw probably saw the most variations of the term used (more like grossly overused). Newb, Nub, Noob, N00b, McNub, McNublet. The spellings have aways been varied. But that's the joy of Leet Speak and slang, it can mean just about anythign you want

I'm not sure you could find a general consesus that one spelling means new player, the other means bad player. Not that it really matter. I'm 99% sure that of any spellings on Newb\Noob in wow implies your a bad player and not actually new to the game
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2011-03-13 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sulmith greysin View Post
    if you don't have heirlooms you're a new player

new players from the past 3+ years do not believe in paying their dues, they want it all and want it all now and were given it all in wotlk

it's what you get when you pander to that audience, it's like giving a bratty kid his way, he'll just be bratty again next time he wants something

Yep, exactly. The game has transformed into being 80% full of little Cartmans running around talking shit and wanting immediate results for minimal effort. These are the ones who assume the way to win the game is to have a purple in every slot, and could give a shit about how bad they actually are at content.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    One of the reasons I do not heal is because I'm that horrible, snobby healer that picks and chooses who gets healed based on how much of a douchebag they are.

If you treat me or anyone else in the group (regardless of whether or not I know them) like shit without provocation, no heals. Simple as. If you're a retarded DPS that keeps pulling shit, no heals. If you're a retarded DPS that repeatedly attacks the wrong target or does something stupid to pull aggro, no heals.

I don't think that kind of behavior is too abnormal, though.

I just kick tanks that act like assholes, and if I can't kick 'em, I leave group. I won't ruin the rest of the group's run by killing the tank though.
    I do the same on my level 43 warrior, if someone pulls sure ok I'll save you.

You did it again? o rlly? well ok I'll save you.

Eventually I'll snap and just ignore everything he pulls and either pull more because I can pretty much solo instances as prot or stand and watch.

I never resort to abuse unless theres provocations though, thats just un-needed.

Also I see anyone who can constuct a argument friend material, period.

Definition of an argument is an assertion and a viable reason of that assertion to back it up, even if you agree its still and argument.
    Last edited by mini98; 2011-03-13 at 04:35 AM.

well on my server ive used up all my char slots , so i have to go to other servers to play low lvl alts and they dont have boa gear because stupid ass blizz anct figure out how to do them cross server , so dont just assume that ppl with out heirlooms are just jealous and calling u a noob for that reason , maybe there calling you a noob because you are one?
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    but 2 people in the random called me and 2 of the dps noobs

the tank died cuz i stopped healing him.
    It looks like they were right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post

I gave up using them myself, part of the fun for me is actually getting new gear as you level up. The heirlooms just took that away since I had the same shoulders and weapon (this was pre-chest piece) from level 15 to 80. I would often keep them for PvP though since others who had them would rock you if you weren't using them
    Well there is that problem where the LFD gift bags tend to get stuck in giving me shoulders and cloaks over and over and over and over when I have the BOA versions. Kind of takes the fun out of opening the bag and not having anything you would ever use.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

You know there is an ignore button?

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 08:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    ..... Kind of takes the fun out of opening the bag and not having anything you would ever use.
    Or the RETARDED RNG .... when opening a bag and receiving rings/belt/gloves I get int/str on my rogue/druid(feral tank) and agi/str on my mage alt .... it really REALLY pisses me off .