10+ Year Old Account

Best way to balance stats for Fire/Arc dual spec?

I'm seriously considering playing Arc on some of our fights (esp after patch) and have been brainstorming on how this could be most viable with stat priorities?

My iLvl will be 360 by next week and I've been fire since cata and stacking fire stats and reforging mastery to essentially anything else besides mastery.

The problem I see is if I go Arc for some fights, I currently have int/crit hit/crit gems with a bunch of reductions to mastery.

Seems like it would be pretty hard to min/max without having 2 (mostly) identical sets of gear.

Any thoughts on what you guys are planning to do with your stats (or are currently doing) when dual speccing for any given raid in attempts to balance?

comments?

In Impact cleaving situations mastery should be much better for Fire than it is on single target. If there are no further buffs to Fire single target, it seems to me like the optimal way would be to pick Arcane as the main focus and gear for haste/mastery, reforge away from crit and swap to Fire for the fights where Impact spreading is really good.

This way our performance would likely stay the roughly the same in cleave fights (lower crit will hurt but higher mastery will buff the cleave; higher haste might scale some of our DoT damage up if we can reach extra ticks and extra DoT damage will get multiplied in the cleave situations) and we would have buffed Arcane for single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see your point but, to me there are many more compelling factors to choosing fire on a specific fight than simply just impact lb spreading which, yes, could benefit considerably from mastery rating.

Other things such as the amount of movement on the fight are just as important to me when making a decision.

A fight such as cho'gall for instance, i would likely choose fire, not only for the aoe, but also because of the amount of movement typically on the fight.

I could be wrong.

Thoughts?

if you tryed to balance it out you would just have 2 subpar specs. crit is not very good for arcane but crucial for fire. it would be better just to gear up both specs. idk how your guild does offspec items but if its not taxing on your MS then i would just do this. specailly if you are in a 25man raid since after couple weeks everyone is geard

Quote Originally Posted by Erik765 View Post
    I see your point but, to me there are many more compelling factors to choosing fire on a specific fight than simply just impact lb spreading which, yes, could benefit considerably from mastery rating.

Other things such as the amount of movement on the fight are just as important to me when making a decision.

A fight such as cho'gall for instance, i would likely choose fire, not only for the aoe, but also because of the amount of movement typically on the fight.

I could be wrong.

Thoughts?
    This is me on our last Cho'gall kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=7157&e=7579 I used my fire gear, even had darkmoon card on (not so imba trinket for arcane.. 1600 intellect that raises my max % mana and by so, gimps my mastery).

I'm gonna gear around arcane and have fire as my offspec.

Deleted
    Haste is a fairly strong stat for both specs (about 0.08 DPS less per point than crit for fire with 4pcT11, and nearly equal if not better for Arcane).

You can gem Haste and do well with both specs.