Thread: Setbacks..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbladez View Post
    Illidan and Kael are as good as dead. Someone they will bring back Kil'Jaedan, just like Raggy since we only pushed them back. But Garr and Baron Geddon, Onyxia and Nef, etc... are all back. You never know if he'll also bring Kael and Illidan back.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but no Elementals killed outside of the Elemental Planes stay dead. Hence Baron Geddon throwing bombs and Garr running amok together with Ragnaros. Ragnaros was only partially summoned into Azeroth in Molten Core, which left him weak, it wasn't what caused him to return.

Same goes for the Dreadlords, I believe? They can't be killed, or at least they didn't use to, permanently outside their own realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sydazlir View Post
    Kael'thas: TOLD us that he was coming back right after being defeated. Pretty clear that we killed him the second time though, I believe we took his head.
    I wish that everyone saying "*whine* setback Kael lol *whine*" knew that.
    When you defeat him in Tempest Keep, he appears in front of A'Dal, and he says that he will be back with Kil'Jaeden.

As for Zul'Aman, the four Loa bosses are just random elite warriors infused and possessed by the spirits. There was never some young forest troll boy named "Nalorakk" - Nalorakk is the bear loa, which has been forced into a champion to be used as a weapon. Don't "lern2lore" when you have no fucking idea what's going on anyway.

And Kil'Jaedan isn't dead. You don't kill him in the fight, why the hell wouldn't he be able to come back? That's like complaining about getting attacked by the guy you stopped from breaking into your house last month. "But I kicked him out the front door! How can he attack me when I break into HIS house? I already won!"

What a fucking awful argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I wish that everyone saying "*whine* setback Kael lol *whine*" knew that.
    When you defeat him in Tempest Keep, he appears in front of A'Dal, and he says that he will be back with Kil'Jaeden.
    that would require people to actually pay attention. the majority of people who complain about this stuff either dont care about the lore enough to look for the explanations or they just come on the forums and complain about something they read somewhere that they havent even seen first hand.

OT: illidan will never come back. that has been all but confirmed by blizzard (they talked about it at blizzcon 10)

kael'thas will also never come back. and honestly he never even died the first time we fought him. like i said above if people actually paid attention to the event that follows his defeat in tempest keep, they would know that

kil'jaeden, also not dead....i mean there is NO way we could have killed someone as powerful as him (and before ANYONE says that we killed archimonde...NO we didnt. nordrassil and pretty much the entire forest surrounding it did and in doing so decimated the entire land). all we did to him was force him back through the sunwell.

onyxia and nefarian have been brought back once. both as undead which isnt even that much of a stretch in a world where there is a freaking undead army. onyxia was brought back for cataclysm and thats it. the WOTLK version didnt count as canon. it was an anniversary gift

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    it would be cool to redeem Illidan
    They'll probably do this with the War of the Ancients raid, where they can shed some light on Illidan's selfless-yet-ill-advised actions that did in fact save the world on more than one occasion.

Kael is worse than the black knight, not much left of him to come back now lol
    Priestess Delrissa recovered Kael's body after he was killed in The Eye and fused a fel crystal into his chest. Remember that when you kill Kael in Tempest Keep, you can loot the Verdant Sphere (one of the green balls that float around him) which starts a quest that leads to a vision of Kael'thas telling A'dal where to stick it. When you fight Kael in Magisters' Terrace, you'll notice that he is short one sphere and has a giant crystal sticking out of his chest. Calling Tempest Keep a setback was a huge understatement by a desperate, crazed man.

Onyxia was redone as a 5th anniversary celebration. It doesn't count. Ragnaros we know was pushed back into the Firelands, and he probably brought Garr and Geddon back when his forces began their assault on Hyjal. Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub have totally new storylines and the only thing that is the same is the geography. Nefarian was brought back from the dead by Deathwing, who in turn raised Onyxia. There's a good column about this on WoW Insider.

It's not like Blizzard is just copy and pasting stuff while changing the levels. These are well thought-out stories that breathe life into the current goings-on in the World.