Thread: Scenarios......

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Scenarios......

So are scenarios just blizzards lazy way of saying we don't want to release new dungeons? I mean while they are cool because of the stories, there is no challenge in them (not that the current dungeons are challenging anymore) and I don't even bother doing them anymore.

I really hope they bring some new dungeons, I was blown away by the troll dungeons in 4.1, those are easily my favorite because they were actually hard back then and just simply epic. I'm a little sick of the current ones.

Just thought I'd rant a little about how stupid scenarios are.....good day everyone!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay go do the heroic ones in 5.3 maybe that can appease you.

Scenarios are in the game as a way for people to experience the new lore actively, without the need to raid like ICC or DS. Since MoP takes place in the present (aka, not in a warcraft game) there is no other way to experience the lore except through the books, and lets face it. Who reads anymore? Scenarios are Blizz way of giving us something that we have been asking for for a while. Don't see them as lazy dungeon wannabes, because that is not their intention.

brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]

Dungeon content takes away from raid content. Raids > dungeons, this is a well accepted fact. Thus new dungeons are not needed, ever. That is unless you enjoy the idea of 4-6 boss raid tiers that last for 8 months.

Scenarios however are not an "answer" to this. They're meant to tell stories in the lore that might have otherwise been shoveled off into a book or comic. Considering 3/4 of Cataclysm's storyline was in expanded universe material this is the best way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    Dungeon content takes away from raid content. Raids > dungeons, this is a well accepted fact. Thus new dungeons are not needed, ever. That is unless you enjoy the idea of 4-6 boss raid tiers that last for 8 months.

Scenarios however are not an "answer" to this. They're meant to tell stories in the lore that might have otherwise been shoveled off into a book or comic. Considering 3/4 of Cataclysm's storyline was in expanded universe material this is the best way to go about it.
    I do question this though. ICC was a huge raid AND came out with 3 dungeons. The developers saying this to me feels a bit of a cop out in some sense.

I would like to see a dungeon or two come out after the expansion is released. 5man content should not be left to rot for the entire life span of an expansion. Scenarios are a nice little earner and I enjoy them but currently the 5mans we have I only do once a day for the rep bonus, other than that I don't bother as i've done those dungeons so many times im sick of them.

Well in the past it was 5 mans vs raids. 5 mans served as a gear up mechanic for behind the curve players. Now we have LFR of every tier and this is the intended gear up mechanic, you do each LFR in turn to get your gear level so 5 mans became redundant when they could just put that resource into raids now they're accessible to all via LFR.

With Scenarios they take place in already developed world areas so I'd imagine that cuts out most of the development time letting them throw one out in a fraction of the time that say an ICC dungeon took to create.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaliblaze View Post
    So are scenarios just blizzards lazy way of saying we don't want to release new dungeons? I mean while they are cool because of the stories, there is no challenge in them (not that the current dungeons are challenging anymore) and I don't even bother doing them anymore.

I really hope they bring some new dungeons, I was blown away by the troll dungeons in 4.1, those are easily my favorite because they were actually hard back then and just simply epic. I'm a little sick of the current ones.

Just thought I'd rant a little about how stupid scenarios are.....good day everyone!
    So your idea of "epic" is raids-turned-5man with a few new mechanics and rehased gear?.... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Why waste time and resources making 5 mans when people are just going to make 300 forum posts a day to blast them? May as-well spend fewer resources and time making scenarios which will be flamed all the same, it's just economic sense.

Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    Well in the past it was 5 mans vs raids. 5 mans served as a gear up mechanic for behind the curve players. Now we have LFR of every tier and this is the intended gear up mechanic, you do each LFR in turn to get your gear level so 5 mans became redundant when they could just put that resource into raids now they're accessible to all via LFR.

With Scenarios they take place in already developed world areas so I'd imagine that cuts out most of the development time letting them throw one out in a fraction of the time that say an ICC dungeon took to create.
    precisely, they dont have to build a new instance from the ground up for scenarios. for dungeons, they have to design and build the entire instance - scenarios just use phasing in already developed/built up areas and put mobs into it.

tbh, if they made dungeons in this manner - i.e. using phasing instead of building a new instance, they could add more dungeon content without detracting away from new raid content, but people would still treat it as a bit of a rehash, like the dragon soul instances.
    <insert witty signature here>

Honestly I think they could do a lot more with scenarios in the future. For instance they could have them at all levels, or use them for those epic final zone style quests (I like the solo scenarios on the Isle of Thunder)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Why waste time and resources making 5 mans when people are just going to make 300 forum posts a day to blast them? May as-well spend fewer resources and time making scenarios which will be flamed all the same, it's just economic sense.
    More or less, yes. People will whine about having only 3 dungeons, about "CaSuAlZ" getting "free epixxx QQ" and about many other things.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I really wouldn't get your hopes up when 5.4 comes along. Even do Blizzard said they're not doing anymore 5mans, they will probably surprise us.

Also Scenarios aren't stupid.

i dont mind them. no need to wait for long dps que times

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So your idea of "epic" is raids-turned-5man with a few new mechanics and rehased gear?.... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....
    I called those 2 dungeons epic, not the idea of getting new 5mans.

But getting actually challenging new dungeons in patches with no raid sounds pretty damn good to me, Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

And who cares if they're just new epics, all we're going to do in this next patch is use valor points to upgrade our current gear, may as well get some rehashed gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    The only argument I have against this is that LFR < new 5 mans. Simply because any boss fights that are not simply a tank 'n spank in LFR are a wipefest due to the complete lack of skill from the majority of players in the group. Also, for DPS to have a 1hour+ queue for 1/4 of the raid, and then have to spend 2 hours in there wiping over and over, it actually takes longer to complete all wings in a week than it does for me to complete them on my main in normal mode. LFR is not broken, but the player base is just plain not skilled enough to make it fun. It's a huge chore to do them IMO.

Players have spoken, and don't want in-depth encounters. They want to skate for 10 minutes or so, collect their valor, and move on. They're busy folks, and Blizzard listens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I do question this though. ICC was a huge raid AND came out with 3 dungeons. The developers saying this to me feels a bit of a cop out in some sense.
    Thing is, you were then kind've shoe-horned into doing only those 3 dungeons, because the others were a waste of time. You needed those dungeons to progress if you didn't raid, and raiding was harder back then because you needed a raid-capable guild. Same thing happened in Cata with the troll dungeons and later the pre-DS dungeons.

Now instead you can queue in LFR after you've got enough heroic gear. There's a ton of LFR content, so new heroic dungeons aren't as critical anymore to progress.

They stopped making dungeons because of how quick it takes you to get bored of em. Besides, we have enough 463 gear.

This may be hard to take in all at once, but maybe Blizzard's philosophy about how their game should go is different than how you think it should go?

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    They stopped making dungeons because of how quick it takes you to get bored of em. Besides, we have enough 463 gear.

This may be hard to take in all at once, but maybe Blizzard's philosophy about how their game should go is different than how you think it should go?
    Yes because all of the dungeons that were released after the previous xpacs had the same ilvl as the initial ones.....

Its not hard for me at all buddy, just sucks that we're going to have a new patch with nothing new to do besides new dailies......yyyyaaaayyyyy........

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about Blizzard. But Scenario's in my eyes are pretty darn cool =)