I remember in vanilla the corrupted blood of Hakkar excaped Zul'Gurrub and was killing everything. It was even in the 8 o'clock evening news, in newspapers and newssites.
Run, rabbit run.
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.
Most of my "I remember" times are from an older MMO altogether.
-I remember getting completely and absolutely lost in the whole BRD / BRS area, and thinking it was the coolest environment ever in an MMO. (and it's still probably the best 5 man portion in the game)
-I remember going on a flight path run at around.. level 10 or so? Trying to cover as much of the continent as we could. Fun.
-I remember trying to 3-man most of the dungeons, with a pally tank who went ret because he "didn't like using shields"
Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
Theive's tools on my rogue.
Totem quests as a shaman.
My pally mount (ugh)
I remember when the night in WoW was dark.
Shadestaff - a fantasy novel series. #Shadestaff
I remember grinding "Did Somebody Order a Knuckle Sandwich?"
...on a Priest.
I remember discovering how it was possible to get the Tabard of the Explorer and the title before level 10. (Hint: Painfully).
I remember BGS level brackets being 10-10, 20-29, 30-39...etc.
I remember LFG didn't exist, and dungeons actually involved communication, skill and time.
I remember having a mount was rare.
I remember when not every single person had a character at the max level.
I remember questing actually involving difficult groups and elites.
I remember awesome class quests.
I remember sprint, vanish and evasion had a 5 min cooldown and vanish reqiured poweder.
I remember getting pwned by level 19 and 29 twinks in BGs.
I remember WSG didn't have a timer and one side would camp the GY for hours.
I remember guildies were actually friends and talked to each other.
I remember killing capital city leaders were actually really hard to kill.
I remember poison brewing and poisin skill.
I remember my pets running away.
Check out my Character Bio please http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Aegus-Shawson
I remember no one having epic ground mount because it was too expensive
I remember two-three guilds on my server actually clearing MC because they had all the good players
I remember people in Tier gear stomping BGs.
I remember shamans duel-wielding, and the 1 shotting the ensued.
I remember doing quests for each of my demon pets.
I remember having to go to Uldaman to train my enchanting
I remember AVs that last three days, where bosses were summoned several times and people would sleep to return to the same match.
I remember having to go to a BG entrance to actually queue for it.
I remember dungeons taking 1-2 hours to complete, and spending weeks doing UBRS/Scholo/Strath praying for my blue set pieces to drop.
I remember the three sunder rule.
I remember hillsbrad foothills, the true home of PvP.
I remember 30 second fears, and 60 second sheeps. I remember a lack of DRs and locks never stopping the fear, or rogues never stopping the stuns.
I remember rock paper scissors and mushrooms.
I remember MOAR DOTS.
I remember the world of roguecraft.
As I'm currently doing the awesome epic Warlock Green Fire quest while it's hard, I remember in 2005 doing the awesome epic Warlock Dreadsteed quest when it was hard.
Love feeling like I've earned something
Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.
I remember when me and my irl best friend (introduced me to wow) were starting to get up there in lvls (or so we thought i was lvl 33 and he was 40) and we found the original mount guy and looked up the price, and realized we could NEVER afford a mount. I had 1g and 31 S to my name and he had 4g.
"I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
FOR THE HORDE!!!
I remember when...
- There was one Barrens, and within that Barrens, there was one flightpath, at Crossroads. Ratchet and Camp Taurajo (oh yeah, it was a quest hub at one time, not a smoldering ruin) didn't even have a FP back then.
- Southshore/TM world pvp, where it was the digital equivalent of trench warfare...well, without trenches. My rl friends and I (all warriors) would break the line with cordinated intimidating shouts (when it had no limit on targets affected) just to watch 30+ alliance all running like chickens without heads.
- Class-specific quests for weapons: Whirlwind weapons, Benediction, Rhok'delar, the original Quel'serrar (well it was for warrior and paladin; my vanilla warrior still has an unfired ancient blade in his inventory but can no longer do the quest ) Paladins had their hammer quest at level 20 (later BE paladins would get a polearm)
- Other class specific quests, many to unlock spells/abilities...totem quests, anyone? I ended up doing all those 3 different times...yes, I question my sanity at that time. Druid aquatic form quest. Warrior beserker stance quest (which was fun as hell). The triage quest for master first aid. Cooking had a similar quest...had to farm giant eggs then pick up a bunch of vendor mats (Alterac Swiss, for one). Fishing for different fish all around the world.
- "raiding" Strat, scholo, and Blackrock Spire with 10-15 folks
- Mauradon being added in an early patch...and getting lost in there for what felt like hours
- Legitimately getting lost in BRD...but enjoying the hell out of it. 3 warriors with a shaman healer (me)...good times thanks to ye ol' Windfury Totem. Yep, the one that gave bonus attack procs much like the shaman weapon imbue still does.
- Wiping ungodly amounts of times on the temple event in Zul'farrak, back when aoe damage was nearly nonexistant
- Farming heavy/thick leather in Badlands off black whelplings for 3-4 days, hours on end, just to sell it to have money to buy my first mount. During this time, I looted 4 or 5 of these "dark whelping" pets that no one had a clue about. There was no Wowhead back then, and I don't even remember it being on Thottbot. Gave 2 away to friends, kept one, then sold the last one for all of 5g...noobs gonna noob.
- being ridiculed by my friends, both of whom were paladins at the time, while I farmed for my mount since they had theirs handed to them upon hitting 40.
- Getting stomped by elite mobs out in the world that you just so happened to wander into. Sons of Arugal, random named drakes out in the world, Scarlet guys in Plaguelands
- Farming Whipper Root Tubers in Felwood because they were basically healing pots, but on a different cooldown from actual healing pots
- Sharpening stones, weight stones, and mana/wizard oils
- Being able to stack 50 bazillion different elixir and flask buffs, along with all the class specific buffs and whatnot. Throw the world buffs from killing Ony and/or Nef on top of those.
- Having a non-race specific mount was almost unheard of (aka an orc on a kodo or raptor), outside of the AV mounts or rank 10 mounts. In fact I think that was all of the mounts in the game at one time
- BG "twinks"; I never bothered with level 19 at all, preferring 39 (as a warrior) and 49 (warrior and shaman). I always made it a point to stop leveling at those levels (no xp from BGs back then) and have some fun bashing heads in.
- Taking the flight path from Auberdine to Theramore, enjoying the scenery the first time, but later on I went afk as I started the flight, took a shower, got a drink, came back and was just flying into the marsh. Oh, and Theramore wasn't a crater.
- Dalaran was a giant pinkish purple bubble in Hillsbrad...oh, and it was a ruin. Just like it was last we saw it in WC3.
- Shaman-specific: The totem quests (because mentioning them once wasn't enough), 5 minute imbue durations, enhance used 2h and didn't dual wield at all, separate poison and disease cleansing totems, sentry totem, earth shock being the interrupt because there was no wind shear, frost shock hitting like a truck, only having lightning shield which would fall off after 3 hits, the aforementioned windfury totem and how amazing it was for a melee heavy group, bloodlust not existing in wow
- Paladin-specific: Seals lasting 30 seconds, Blessings 5 minutes, no group wide blessing effect, needing reagents for group blessings, DI, seal of crusader being best dps seal due to it being bugged and only providing attack speed increase without damage decrease, seal of casino...er command, having to grind mobs in plaguelands to level since undead mobs died twice as fast to a paladin compared to non-undead
- Warrior-specific: 2 min battle shout duration, no cd but had rage cost, charge not working in combat, stance specific abilities like whirlwind, beserker rage, taunt, weapon specific talents (and personally being an early adopter/proponent of sword spec vs. axe before all the crazy GM/HWL videos ever appeared)
- Having an arcanite reaper made even though IBS was available from AV at the time...because it's the friggin arcanite reaper.
- Drooling over how amazing the artwork for BWL gear was at the time...and despite it's age, it has aged very well for the most part.
...ok, I will stop here before I make a small novel out of this post.
I remember when entering instances removed weapon poisons.
So glad they got rid of that along with all the other annoyances of vanilla.
Last edited by Yutani; 2013-04-23 at 03:21 PM.
I remember when: i shat my pants...it was orrible :P
I remember when: Alterac Valley took days, and it was friken sweet.
I remember when: i was a newb and getting killed by respawns when questing(back in late vanilla)
I remember when: i got killed by a big ass stone sphinx in Silithus (part of the Ahn'Qiraj opening event i think)
[QUOTE=razski;20914100]I remember when the night in WoW was dark.
good one :thumbup: