Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you know you're not going to overclock, then the 2500 (without K) is just fine. Saves you a buck or so

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakkomakko View Post
    If you know you're not going to overclock, then the 2500 (without K) is just fine. Saves you a buck or so
    If you're going to buy a 2500, you might as well get the K so you have the option of overclocking, its literally 10 bucks more.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

I fraps'd several fights on a older system no problem at all. I'm not sure on the res I filmed in but you can clearly see all the details in full screen mode. windowed it takes up most of my screen.

I think the 1st system I filmed on was a 3ghz Core Duo PC with a GTX8800 and 4gb ram. Standard SATA hdd.
    The 2nd system I filmed on was on my previous macbook pro. 2.53ghz C2D with 4gb ram GT something or other graphics system
    the 3rd I'm using now is a i7 macbook pro 2.66ghz with 8gb RAM. Not the sandybridge systems the one before and I can easily film until I run out of space with a 500gb hdd

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    If you're going to buy a 2500, you might as well get the K so you have the option of overclocking, its literally 10 bucks more.
    Yea, I agree.

You might think it's 10$ now, but imagine it as, when you want to upgrade in the future, you have the option to overclock instead, prolonging the expected life of the CPU, saving you the cost of a new one, pushing it 'til next generation again.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Yea, I agree.

You might think it's 10$ now, but imagine it as, when you want to upgrade in the future, you have the option to overclock instead, prolonging the expected life of the CPU, saving you the cost of a new one, pushing it 'til next generation again.
    Exactly. And considering I've read that people have taken their 3.3(3.8 TB) to 4.5+ on stock cooling, you'd have to be crazy not to take advantage of it.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morvandus View Post
    Alan as sayd in previous posts I did change it to a Intel Core i5 2500k and a ASUS P8P67 LE -=Rev.3.0=-

Tough another question I plan on buying the EVGA gts 450 FTW But is it better to buy the EVGA gts 460 SSC?
    I wouldn't go with that setup. If you're going for an overclocking setup, you'd want a P8P67 or P8P67 PRO, because the LE has limited ammount of passive cooling on it's components, which you will be stressing extensively with high overclocks. The LE is for people who want the basic functions and aren't gonna do out-of-the-ordinary stuff with it, mostly.

Whats the difference between the P8P67 PRO and the P8P67 Deluxe?

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Whats the difference between the P8P67 PRO and the P8P67 Deluxe?
    Better soundcard and 2more USB2.0 on the Deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Better soundcard and 2more USB2.0 on the Deluxe.
    Thank you will be getting the deluxe then

It all depends on your resolution. If you record video at 2560x1600, there's pretty much no computer that Fraps won't drop frames on.