Thread: Heirloom Legs

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heirloom Legs

What happened to these in the end? Apparently they're in the game, but i can find no way of obtaining them.

The items are listed on wowhead too. Possibly coming in a future patch perhaps?
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

Short answer: Ragnaros has them.

Long answer: The intention at current is to work to a full set of BoA gear. One can assume that legs, gloves, and the rest of the pieces will eventually be added.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

There are also some rings in the game data as well, They might make them heirlooms to buy with JP. But I'd guess they'll be coming out in the next few patches.

the amount of power a full heirloom set already gives is ridiculous, they need to tone it down if they are adding even more.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichorum View Post
    There are also some rings in the game data as well, They might make them heirlooms to buy with JP. But I'd guess they'll be coming out in the next few patches.
    Fishing contest on Saturday.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Fishing contest on Saturday.
    Not the Dread Pirate ring, there's the Ornate Band of Accuria, Antique Myrmidon's Signet, and Gleaming Seal of the Archmagus.

I can't post links just yet, but wowhead Polished Legplates of Valor

Deleted
    Apparently, heirlooms aren't THAT powerful after they buffed all base stats before Cata came. Perhaps pvp ones as nothing else at lower levels have resilience, but in pve the biggest benefit you get from them is faster leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Apparently, heirlooms aren't THAT powerful after they buffed all base stats before Cata came. Perhaps pvp ones as nothing else at lower levels have resilience, but in pve the biggest benefit you get from them is faster leveling.
    Wrong. Heirloom gear has always been ON PAR with blue gear of the same level.
    As is it now.

Edit: On topic: Will probably be added in a later patch, just like chests were added in 3.2.

I feel the issue with heirlooms is not so much the stats, but the speed of levelling.
    The levelling curve has already been reduced substantially and I am sure that a lot of those reaching 85 with little to no ability to perform in dungeons are for that very reason.
    The levelling curve should be there to teach you how to play your class, it should not be trivial as it is quickly becoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I feel the issue with heirlooms is not so much the stats, but the speed of levelling.
    The levelling curve has already been reduced substantially and I am sure that a lot of those reaching 85 with little to no ability to perform in dungeons are for that very reason.
    The levelling curve should be there to teach you how to play your class, it should not be trivial as it is quickly becoming.
    Most people who can afford to get a full set of heirlooms already have a good understanding of how to play the game which makes it easier for the players to learn a new character. Keep in mind, I said most, not all.

15+ Year Old Account
    you have to remember, people with heirloom gear have already played the game to level 80, and thus have a headstart, as they should at least have good knowledge of one class, and that makes it easier to learn other classes.

People getting to 85 faster is the problem? Try questing and only using two buttons as the problem the noobs don't know any better hell the game is sadly more fun not knowing about rotations and recount and shit
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    As a Druid, you may experience temporary loss of wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if you have enough time put into obtaining a full heirloom set then you likely have a good understanding of gameplay mechanics. It's not like we have day 1 rookies in full heirloom. Also, a brand new player would never know the quickest and most efficient way to level, thereby slowing their leveling progress, and extending their chances at learning the intricacies of their class.

If you're gonna put hours/days of farming into obtaining a full heirloom set, you're pretty likely to also read the how-to-play thread for your spec on mmo-champion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Most people who can afford to get a full set of heirlooms already have a good understanding of how to play the game which makes it easier for the players to learn a new character. Keep in mind, I said most, not all.
    Indeed, and the players who still suck would not be sucking less if they leveled without heirlooms.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you have some heirlooms you've been around for a while.
    If you have alot of heirlooms you've been around for a very long time.

Whatever your Main's class may be, whatever new class you're about to reroll, you'll grasp its essence with double, triple or higher speed.
    Heirlooms are not a danger to the high quality playerbase at end game.

In my opinion, they should boost the Experience Bonus gained from Heirlooms, and boost the amount of experience needed to level up - all the way from Lv1.

This would make New players take longer to reach Lv85, giving them time to learn their class. Experienced players swimming in Heirlooms would level as fast as they do now.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Essenji View Post
    Wrong. Heirloom gear has always been ON PAR with blue gear of the same level.
    As is it now.

Edit: On topic: Will probably be added in a later patch, just like chests were added in 3.2.
    Depends how you level - I always end up with having lots of frequent blue rewards/drops when leveling new characters, so not much difference in stats wheter I had heirlooms or not.

Aside from that - still - due to base stats buffs, differences between blue and green gear at lower leves is insignificant. It starts to matter let's say around 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Honestly, if you have enough time put into obtaining a full heirloom set then you likely have a good understanding of gameplay mechanics. It's not like we have day 1 rookies in full heirloom. Also, a brand new player would never know the quickest and most efficient way to level, thereby slowing their leveling progress, and extending their chances at learning the intricacies of their class.
    This assumes some very optimistic things about the player base, mainly that if you can grind out justice points/emblems of heroism/wintergrasp commendations, you have the common sense that's needed to figure out how your class works. That's like saying because you have a lot of gold in-game, then you must know how to spend it. You know how many absolutely horrendous boe heroes I've seen in my heroics? They come in with tank purples out the ass and they can't tank Ozruk for shit and are generally terrible players. I saw an 85 druid in SW the other day. He was wearing an epic boe *cloth* belt...when there's a leather one from Hyjal rep. And if you're like me and you leveled in Hyjal, you get around 11k/21k exalted just from finishing the zone. Time spent on this game doesn't convert into being knowledgeable about it. There will always be stubborn, mouth-breathing idiots who live under a rock and spend all day playing WoW, but don't know shit about it.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2011-03-13 at 09:04 PM.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Short answer: Ragnaros has them.

Long answer: The intention at current is to work to a full set of BoA gear. One can assume that legs, gloves, and the rest of the pieces will eventually be added.
    Blizzard already stated that you will eventually be able to have a full set of BoA gear if you put in the work for it. Like the poster above stated eventually added.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

instead of wasting time on getting heirlooms for ur char, start leveling instead, should probably go faster (and be more way more fun)..