Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Soul Swap Tracking

Hey there guys i have a question for you afflocks. I havent really truly played affliction since cata launched as i felt it was a bit clunky with tracking soul fire and never really went back after the patch. With changes to afflocks in 4.1 im really looking forward to going back.

Elitist jerks states that you soul swap every 15 seconds in encounters that allow it and im looking for a way to track this. Im an avid user of ButtonTimers, Power Auras, and so on but unfortunately i dont have any add ons that show my dots on multiple targets. Im aware DoTtimers does this but DoTtimers gets annoying when it occupies your entire screen.

Is it possible to create a timer that starts a 15 second countdown everytime i use soul swap? If not how are you guys tracking your soul swaps?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Deleted
    I usually use ForteXorcist to track it. With "show focus" enabled, and then you just focustarget. It will then show the dots on the focustarget, with slightly faded bars.

10+ Year Old Account
    EJ wants you to re soul swap after UA has fallen off ( 15 seconds) and the final tick of Corruption will roll over. If you use a focus macro that shows your DoTs, it's best to manage by looking to see how long UA has and react accordingly.

Well, if you want to soul swap every 15 seconds; you could technically just macro it like this, i guess:

#showtooltip
    /cast Soul Swap
    /in 15 /script UIErrorsFrame:AddMessage("Soul Swap now!")

Just don't spam the button. ;D

Edit: Looking at what Palmz posted; it's probably better to macro it with UA? *shrug*

You can use Power Aura for that by making another aura that shows up when your Soulswap is 4 seconds after CD and do Soulswap in fight whenever this Aura is shown. When this aura is shown you cast Soulswap inhale (one GCD) + soulswap exhale wich will go off 14 seconds + one GCD.

All cata bosses now have Boss bars. I use SUF with boss bar enabled and to only show my debuffs, that way I can track if I have dots running on everything.