Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Guild Wars 2 Developer Panel

Here are some videos from the PAX East 2011 Developer panel for Guild Wars 2. They answer a bunch of questions and show off some gameplay videos.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Deleted
    If you have followed this game awhile then you can skip part 1 it is mostly stuff that been said before.

1000 events sounds pretty awesome and I like the World vs World PvP that can be unbalanced (server vs server), so it will build better server communities when players are fighting with other players on their servers against enemy server.

This game is so unlike wow...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would release it already, it looks so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampd413 View Post
    I wish they would release it already, it looks so good.
    no no no no no. Let them have their time. let them release it when its finished, not when its wanted. It'll make it oh so much better

10+ Year Old Account
    saw it earlier today, only thing I didn't know yet was the auction house system, where you can request auctions, which is kinda awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    no no no no no. Let them have their time. let them release it when its finished, not when its wanted. It'll make it oh so much better
    yeah - totally this. Its looks amazing at the moment, the design and graphics are the best I've seen in a MMO to date. As long as everything else holds together and its not a laggy piece of crap I'll be playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to it.

My train of thought is - even if I don't end up playing an MMO past the first month, then I've still more often than not played it for longer than I would have a single player game which would have cost the same money.

This holds even more true with Guild Wars! I never played the first one past level 25ish, didn't flow well for me, I think because it was very close to release and I didn't have the time to work on it.

The only qualm I have with it, is that there are no dedicated healers. I like healing
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    Looking forward to it.

My train of thought is - even if I don't end up playing an MMO past the first month, then I've still more often than not played it for longer than I would have a single player game which would have cost the same money.

This holds even more true with Guild Wars! I never played the first one past level 25ish, didn't flow well for me, I think because it was very close to release and I didn't have the time to work on it.

The only qualm I have with it, is that there are no dedicated healers. I like healing
    btw, max level is lvl 20 :P

Deleted
    Looking forward to it.

you'd do well to play GW1 past level 25...level cap is 20 on that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    might also be because 20 was the level cap

that said GW was definitely not for everyone, gw2 looks like it might be fit for a broader audience

EDIT: nice teamwork guys

Hm, so what to play then, GW2, SWTOR or TERA D:
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Oooh...dangit! Now you've gotten me all excited and...stuff... and I'm working, IM NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EXCITED WHEN I'M WORKING!
    Last edited by mmoc917598aff9; 2011-03-14 at 09:13 AM. Reason: I r maeks bad typeos

Amazing, just amazing. Everything I see about this game just makes it look better and better. I'm so glad this company is taking risks and trying to improve the genre, unlike most companies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    might also be because 20 was the level cap

that said GW was definitely not for everyone, gw2 looks like it might be fit for a broader audience

EDIT: nice teamwork guys
    What the? I swear I had a character much higher than that.... unless it was 15 :/

---------- Post added 2011-03-14 at 12:26 PM ----------

EDIT: Yeah, just logged in, 15.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

I've been pleasantly surprised by the strength of Rift. I've got Torchlight 2 and then Diablo 3. I can slog it out until they're happy with it. If GW2 can truly deliver what is being suggested, it will be my mmo-messiah.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Hm, so what to play then, GW2, SWTOR or TERA D:
    Well since GW2 has more funding then TERA id go with GW2. And after playing TERA it doesnt encourage exploration at all. Huge invisible walls all over the place, very disappointing

Guild Wars 2 will be fun for 1 month, then you'll hit max level and there will be nothing left to do but PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accaris View Post
    Guild Wars 2 will be fun for 1 month, then you'll hit max level and there will be nothing left to do but PvP.
    Awesome, you have returned from the future and took the time to comment in this thread. THANX!¬

10+ Year Old Account
    No monthly fee makes me a happy camper. Assuming it's good, I'll be spending a lot of my "sit around on the AH waiting in half hour queues" days in WoW instead playing this. I'm hoping it comes off as being new enough to be innovative, but familiar enough to not require me to relearn how to play an MMO. Mostly that and I'd love to play a game with the beauty of Korean graphics without the Korean grind!