Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Tukui is editable via in game interface (as is ElvUI) through an add-on developed by some author I don't remember off the top of my head.
    Tukui Official Website
    Elv UI has this addon included for simplicity's sake, while TukUI gives you the option to download it. Also, you don't need to know Lua coding to configure the UI. You just have to be able to read.
    by "editable" i mean as simple as addons in general are ... for example (at the least the ones that are related to visual aspects of the UI) have an interface where you simply slide a bar left and right .. are very friendly to edit since you can drag stuff, see the result in real time .. enter "config modes" ..

the only thing i found when i used TukUI was a small sub addon that displayed a bunch of toggle on/off features but didnt edit anything. If you wanted to change the way things looked (something as simple as .. i wanted to change the position and 1-2 informations about the party frames) ...

took me 45 minutes to do that and it was buggy. Yes, you DO need to know basic lua coding to edit ... it's not something as simple as "being able to read" .. any comma or dot you erase that you were not supposed to, is enough for a whole part of the code to stop functioning. Hell .. even while setuping basic text options on pitbull, if you put any wrong letter in the wrong place, is enough to give you a "syntax error" message.

So no .. i dont consider editing a lua code and reloading UI 34252 times to do something as simple as configuring if i want DC'd players in the party to fade out or not and position/size of the frames .. that is not "easy to configure".

that's my question, Elv UI actually fixed that issue and let you EASILY configure stuff like in any addon or it involves editing the code and reloading UI?

I'm curious: short of using a new button bar replacement, does Tuk/Elv have the ability to page multiple bars on shapeshift? For example, on my druid, I have bar 1 (buttons 1-12) and bar 2 (buttons 13-24) both page when I shift into cat and bear

Quote Originally Posted by unmoses View Post
    I'm curious: short of using a new button bar replacement, does Tuk/Elv have the ability to page multiple bars on shapeshift? For example, on my druid, I have bar 1 (buttons 1-12) and bar 2 (buttons 13-24) both page when I shift into cat and bear
    i've used Tukui 12 and pretty much, what i've done was disable their bar and used Macaroon...

i have about 24 buttons paged to my warrior stances... and it makes me a happy camper!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unmoses View Post
    No, it doesn't do that, but rest assured, it can be done with macros.

my action bar ala macaroon...
    and all the buttons you see there are paged to my stances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright people this is ElvUI not Tukui. Meaning I'm generally unconcerned with your Tukui issues or concerns. You're welcome to post on the official Tukui Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post

Great UI etc
    R.I.P. Uprising etc.

---------- Post added 2011-03-18 at 10:15 AM ----------

Obligatory bump. >.>
    Last edited by Fuzzykins; 2011-03-17 at 05:30 PM.

Deleted
    Another TukUI vs X thread? No thanks. This thread is about the thread topic, and nothing else - especially not a topic that's been discussed to death already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Another TukUI vs X thread? No thanks. This thread is about the thread topic, and nothing else - especially not a topic that's been discussed to death already.
    I didn't say it was a TukUI vs X thread. Just trying to share my take on ElvUI.

Deleted
    Wasn't referring to you.

Deleted
    @ OP: All I see is some music that makes my ears bleed and smacking on a training dummy? Where's the actual tutorial?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelarius View Post
    @ OP: All I see is some music that makes my ears bleed and smacking on a training dummy? Where's the actual tutorial?
    At the bottom. If you read the original post, you'd have read that the UI sets it's self up, and the tutorial was pertaining to the setup of Kong UI Hider and Skada. Tl;Dr hero at his finest.

Ok, OP, running Elv's UI v13 at the moment...

got a quick question... do you know the code changes so that the % is shown in boss health frames?
    this is referring to multi boss encounters such as conclave...

thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Ape View Post
    Ok, OP, running Elv's UI v13 at the moment...

got a quick question... do you know the code changes so that the % is shown in boss health frames?
    this is referring to multi boss encounters such as conclave...

thanks.
    Not really. I'm sure you can dick with the settings for all unit frames. I don't think you change specific frames. (I'm sure you could, just not in the Lua config...)

Why are you using both Skada and Omen when you can just use Skada, have it create another window, and show Threat in that window? One less addon.

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    I've been using ElvUI for about 6 months now and I have to say that it's the best. The version he has on Curse now is even better than when I used to get it from wowi. Much easier to customize than ever. It' very lightweight, the only thing that will bog your performance down are other addons not associated with ElvUI. Like Recount. Skada and ElvUI go together like they were made for each other. If you want a good, clean UI, that's easy to customize to your taste, this is the one for you. Oh , I forgot to mention that it has two default layout setups, one for DPS, one for healing. To switch back and forth between the two, you simply type /dps or /heal, and voila, instant results.
    Funny - the version on WoWI is the same updated version that gets cross-posted to Curse, which all have the same version as posted in his thread on tukui.org....<shrug>

I've been using ElvUI for about 3 weeks, pretty satisfied so far!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
    Why are you using both Skada and Omen when you can just use Skada, have it create another window, and show Threat in that window? One less addon.

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 08:26 PM ----------

Funny - the version on WoWI is the same updated version that gets cross-posted to Curse, which all have the same version as posted in his thread on tukui.org....<shrug>
    ... >.> I don't trust Skada threat.