15+ Year Old Account

Corruption tick @ 1993 for non-goblins; worth it?

I've just simmed a new gear set against an old gear set to compare DPS. Specifically regarding haste, and after hitting the extra corruption tick cap of 1993 (non-goblin) I found only a 30 dps increase. This is through the program Sim-Craft. Previously I had Theralion's Mirror equiped (normal) and tonight I wasted some of my dkp to get Resonating Bell (a 1 dps loss) in order to reforge the crit on it to get to the haste cap of 1993. However, now it doesn't really seem worth it for an extra 27 dps; I was expecting more. Then again assumption are the mother of all F*** ups :/ so maybe I should of simmed before I spent my points. I'm sure with a bit better gear the cap will be reached without changing around gear so ofc it won't matter if it's 'worth it'.

Just wondering what you other guys think? Have I mis-read/mis-understood some info somewhere?

Ekko
    Last edited by Ekkoeu; 2011-03-14 at 12:47 AM. Reason: grammer

If it's 30 DPS higher, it's better.

I figure it's worth it if you have access to a decent amount of haste gear and you've got the spell haste in your raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering you will never perform as flawlessly as a sim, and therefor would never see that 30dps increase anyway, I'm gonna go with no, it wasn't worth it.

First off, you didn't really screw up so don't stress too much. There are a few reasons you didn't and they are not all about brute DPS increases.

First off care to give us a link to your toon and let us know your primary spec so we can do some sims ourselves to see if you made a minor mistake inputting data etc?

Now for the reasons why you didn't screw up:

1: The Bell can be reforged to hit if needed when you upgrade a hit bit of gear, the Mirror cannot. Thats about 128 stats you can play around with as needed.

2: Once you hit that soft cap for the new ticks, you have to take into account the item/geming/enchanting you have had to sacrifice to get it. You may not of factored in the loss of 300+ int and a near 2k mastery proc Vs the SP proc + crit and haste.

3: If you didn't look into 2, you may find your stat weights have been totally thrown out of wack and resulted in less other stats that will give you more bang for your buck. In this case 300 or so int is worth much more than just the crit and haste that a reforged Bell will give, the SP fromt eh proc may counter some of it vs the mastery proc. Again we will need to see your toons gear to run sims with and without the bell with reforges to find out how your stat weights are.

There was something else but I'm tired so can't think of it.

Either way you should be seeing slighly more than a mear 30ish DPS boost, but even if thats all you get, you now have a flexible trinket to account for upgrades to maintain hit cap (assuming you go for hit cap and not just int stacking)

Hope this helped.

More DPS through stats is more DPS. It is always worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Grey and others. Here's a link to my armoury: (Destruction Spec)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...on/ekko/simple

---------- Post added 2011-03-14 at 01:00 AM ----------

True but I could of most likely replace one of my blues (Ring, Helm, Bracre) at tomorrow's raids but I thought this would be more beneficial.
    Last edited by Ekkoeu; 2011-03-14 at 01:09 AM. Reason: putting spec in

OK looking at your gear but being unable to sim it right now cos im getitng ready for raid, I would say getting the Bracers of the Dark Pool would be a great boost to your wrist spot and if your into arch, going for the Tol'Vir ring (it's exactly the same stats as teh Cho'Gall caster ring and costs no DKP/Loot count/whatever).

You are under hit I can see by a fair amount, if you go for hit reforce with the trinket you will get closer and thus get more of a DPS boost, even though you will miss on the haste soft cap.

Like I said this is just doing it by eye and no simming, if I remember after raid tonight I'll run soem sims for you and see. Also the sword you ghave, if you manage to get the dagger from Magmaw (think it's him anyways) you will get more haste that way and thus making hitting hit cap a little easier and maintain haste soft cap, assuming again your wanting to go for hit cap Vs int stacking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    OK looking at your gear but being unable to sim it right now cos im getitng ready for raid, I would say getting the Bracers of the Dark Pool would be a great boost to your wrist spot and if your into arch, going for the Tol'Vir ring (it's exactly the same stats as teh Cho'Gall caster ring and costs no DKP/Loot count/whatever).

You are under hit I can see by a fair amount, if you go for hit reforce with the trinket you will get closer and thus get more of a DPS boost, even though you will miss on the haste soft cap.

Like I said this is just doing it by eye and no simming, if I remember after raid tonight I'll run soem sims for you and see. Also the sword you ghave, if you manage to get the dagger from Magmaw (think it's him anyways) you will get more haste that way and thus making hitting hit cap a little easier and maintain haste soft cap, assuming again your wanting to go for hit cap Vs int stacking.
    Yeah that dagger is nice. I messed with my hit to get the haste up that's why it's low, I may do a reforge anyway. I've tried to farm to Tol'vir ring but it's very times consuming; I think if nothing drops next raid I'll go for it. I've got the gold to buy bracers (about 15k) but I'm counting on them dropping from trash in BoT.

Gl with the raid

i think corruption isn't a big part of destro DPS , and it is auto refreshed for Aff. lock anyway so no magical effect at the one more tick number

destro should looking at 1 more immo. tick ? and UA for aff. ? the extra tick of corr. doesn't matter for any warlock spec

Extra immolate ticks is what you aim for as destro. The main benefit being conflag damage. The extra UA tick as affliction is minor.