Hard Mode Raid Guides

Intro: So my guild and I noticed that while Tankspot was excellent getting out the normal mode raid guides. They usually lag behind or absolutely skip out on hard mode raid guides. We thought we would help the community by starting to make these types of guides and so we set out to do so.

Eventually we will have all 13 guides out. We are currently 6/13 HMs and while this is our first guide, I will be working nonstop the next week to get the other 6 out, and update the guides whenever we down another bosses. We thank you for all criticism, support, and encouragement you may wish to give.

EDIT: It seems the music is causing a few issues. I will try to upload each video to WarcraftMovies as well.

Blackwing Descent:
    Magmaw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE3IskXLPRc http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=181913
    Omnotron: Not yet uploaded.
    Chimaron: Not yet uploaded.
    Atramedes:Not yet uploaded.
    Maloriak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42bxyO0Vchc http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=181141
    Nefarian: Not yet killed.

Bastion of Twilight:
    Halfus: Not yet uploaded.
    V&T: Not yet killed.
    Ascendant Council: Not yet killed.
    Cho'gall: Not yet killed.
    Sinestra: Not yet killed.

Throne of the Four Winds:
    Conclave: Not yet killed.
    Al'akir: Not yet killed.

Guild: HardcoreCasuals
    Server: Hakkar-US
    Last edited by Cistara; 2011-03-20 at 08:05 PM.

Lovely, thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Clicked on the video to see what your guide would be like, then

"This video contains content from Armada Music and Ultra Records, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Lol.

While PoV videos are great for a majority of players, some retard players (myself) also prefer a written up summary of how to do this/ handle that/ don't stand in that. Otherwise, that 1 video looks good quality wise, but with a quick glance over, I can't tell who/what is where doing what.

2 thumbs up though, hope this turns into a great thread.

Great idea, but there is a sticky at the top of the page detailing differences between normal and HC modes. Whilst there may not be direct links in that thread to 'guide' videos, perhaps you could merge this in there.

Also, the one vid you have posted: 'This video contains content from Armada Music and Ultra Records, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. '

I am in the UK.

But good luck, it's nice to see people contributing!

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    While PoV videos are great for a majority of players, some retard players (myself) also prefer a written up summary of how to do this/ handle that/ don't stand in that. Otherwise, that 1 video looks good quality wise, but with a quick glance over, I can't tell who/what is where doing what.

2 thumbs up though, hope this turns into a great thread.
    That is one of our other wishes is to have a written up guide to go with each video as well. Rendering and uploading/processing take a lot of time and writing individual guides do aswell. I'm working on formatting a thread/post with each fight while I get the videos together. Thanks for the input though!

Deleted
    Can't wait ^.^
    I'm on my iPhone at the moment, so I will get home and check out you're first video then

Bump for Magmaw HM and Maloriak WarcraftMovies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait till I get my new pc in a week or so to make high quality raid guides. Minus the cluster fuck of mods eating up screen space and better PoV with more in depth strats.

edit: backpedaling shaman pov on magmaw rly ?
    Last edited by kushlol; 2011-03-20 at 07:21 AM.

I went "Awesome!" ...then i realized its 25man
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    I went "Awesome!" ...then i realized its 25man
    Yeah.. exactly the same here
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Up for Magmaw on WCM. Next movie will either be Chimaeron or Atramedes.

They are nice videos and you do a good job explaining the mechanics of the fight. There are long gaps of no narration though, and it would be nice to hear some intricacies of your strategies. One thing that sets, say, Tankspot videos apart from other strategy videos is they often reveal their own strategies for dealing with certain mechanics in addition to the obvious "this is the ability, this is how the ability is countered".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    They are nice videos and you do a good job explaining the mechanics of the fight. There are long gaps of no narration though, and it would be nice to hear some intricacies of your strategies. One thing that sets, say, Tankspot videos apart from other strategy videos is they often reveal their own strategies for dealing with certain mechanics in addition to the obvious "this is the ability, this is how the ability is countered".
    Tankspot videos are very wrong in many cases. I went an helped out one of our 10man groups last week and some of the stuff they were doing was ridiculous and I asked where they found this strategy. Tankspot.

http://www.learntoraid.com/videos/ is good if they have the video you're looking for. Currently they cover most of the capital bosses and don't have the ones in between on heroic yet.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post

I usually try to cover some of the more crucial things we do in the encounter. I really don't want to do through and explain 100% of everything we do. That is partly why there is a video attached. Is so that everything we don't do you can try and figure out yourself.

Deleted
    Currently I am promoting my own website with strategy guides (25man.com).Next month (april) I will be gathering and creating written guides for the hardmodes/heroics (both 10 and 25man). I am not sure if I can get them up in time and if they live up to people's expectating. Hopefully they can be of good use tho.

Deleted

Cool Learntoraid.com

IMO don't waste your time with any website except LearnToRaid.com !
    You have there also the unified mount+pet+tabard collectibles management of your character !

See ya !

Deleted
    Agree Learntoraid do an amazing job prefaring them now over tankspot for sure,. however they seem to be backpaddling from the hardest heroics to the first ones that guilds encounter first in there progression path and so you wont find on there magmaw etc yet

But there is always room for more guides and the efforts from these guys should be applauded