Poll: Did you like Dragon age 2?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea i was ridiculously let down by the demo but i had pre-ordered and choose to get it anyways. and i am so glad i did. the only thing that bugged me were the graphics in the demo and then i found the high resolution patch and that cleared everything up for me im a sucker for romance so that part of the story line was fun. i agree that they reused dungeons over and over but it didnt bother me. it actually made it easier for me to make sure that I gathered all the plants, loot, etc (being a completionist). anyways I thought the story overall was fine. there were 2 main plots with the qunari and then templar/mage and those were satisfying. i loved the remodels of the qunari but the dalish elves kinda had me a little freaked at the beginning. they grew on me eventually. overall i recommend the game but i recommend playing it on a harder setting as it is rather easy on anything below hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its really good so far, I havent completed it yet.. I always worry the games going to be too short though, hope I am wrong,

Deleted
    I never played origins.. I lived that game vicariously through friends.
    DA2 has been fun so far though. I'd have said it makes for a great pick up, play for 30 minutes and drop game. But it doesn't. I played 7 hours straight last night just to see what happens next and with all the side quests, i didn't get all that far either!

So um, who are the bad guys? First I was like "yay more dark spawn!" then i saw the trailer and was like "yay Sten's ppl who actually have horns!" then I played the demo and was like "DEATH TO FLEMETH!"

so yeah, i didnt pick up on who was the main villain, think it would be to seen for another old God, evil General and pretty sure that when "I" killed Flemeth, that took place after she flew Hawke and friends to Kirkville(w/e)

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    to quote my favorite WC:3 tFT character "indubitably" , now guess who I'm quoting.
    Anub'Arak

ot:Yes i did

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Age 2?

I thought it was Dynasty Warriors

I enjoyed it very much, but it would have been a truely amazing game with 6-12 more months of development time.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Dragon Age 2?

I thought it was Dynasty Warriors
    theres a series that needs to die.

---------- Post added 2011-03-14 at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizards Hat View Post
    And the same day as release day they throw out 2 DLC's! A real WTF-moment. Why not just bloody include these things in the launch copy? Greedy SOB's.

It's obvious this game is a rushed job and it suffers from sequel-sickness. I have no idea why they changed it at all, how Origins played worked perfectly. And next time, EA need to take their dirty ape hands off of Bioware and let them produce a decent game.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...ect-Ten-Dollar
    this explains the reason why, and gives the best solution to the problem of gamestop I've seen.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-03-14 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    I didn't enjoy the changes to the chat, i mean does anyone ever choose the stupid "funny" option? On the first one i enjoyed learning about my partys backgrounds and reading the codex's for little tips and advice but this time around it just seems pointless.

Not liking the fact that i've been in kirkwall for like 80% of the game so far too. Also having massive problems holding aggro with my tank char, I wanted to make a mage but with the way aveline is struggling to get threat i think i'll have to remake as a warrior

Oh and the combat, while looking fun i found quite annoying because it seems to be the same thing so far, Kill group A mobs, group B spawns behind your ranged chars, kill group B, group C spawns behind your ranged chars, kill group C, group D spawns behind your ranged chars and so on.

Obviously it doesn't help that i suck at the game lol but i'm not nearly as impressed with it as i was with origins.

Edit - And sigh the women, for once i just wish they'd dress them normally, it's gotten to the point with Isabella that i feel embarrassed in case someone walks in as I'm playing, sees her on screen and thinks, what the hell is this guy doing with that on the screen... it was exactly the same with Morrigan and it just puts me off having them in my group lol.
    Last edited by mmocc9870c0cb0; 2011-03-14 at 10:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought it this weekend for my GF. Have yet to try DA1, but probably giving it a shot next week.

I really enjoyed it I feel more captivated in the story in 2 but I felt like I was immersing myself in the gameworld more in Origins. Still game was awesome despite what people say, I had a blast
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Deleted
    I loved the new qunari and the fantasy bethany in demo I'm currently on the deep roads expedition, the dragon fight, as well as the giant spider fight were fairly intense. So far it's not bad, the combat system is a lot more interesting than DAO

15+ Year Old Account
    I really like it, the tempo is perfect and keeps me hooked in. I actually played almost whole night this weekend and I don't do that often If I didn't had to leave for business trip, I would've finished it :<

My feelings are mixed. It was good. It could of been better. So confused!

Deleted
    i love it. the combat system is better than DA1 because is faster and the gameplay in general feels much more like Mass effect, is like a playable movie.

Not gonna buy it.
    As a passionate RPG player, I loved DAO and that might be the reason why i'm feeling VERY disappointed by DA2. Everything that made DAO special i feel is missing in DA2, it's not much more than your average 'Hack&Slay with story'.
    But to be fair, it seems like a good game for anyone who isn't really focused on the RPG part. But for me, 50 euros for ~10-20hours of 'Hack&Slay' simply isn't worth it, considering i've yet to play through the DAO DLCs - and offer me way more playtime per euro.
    To me, DA2 *might* be a step forward for the average gamer, but a huge step back for the 'rpg nerds'.
    Simple things already put me off the game - when i played the demo, i kinda liked it because i thought "well, it's just the demo, so thats why i can only be human and get no background to choose from" - when i read how this was how the game was in its final version, i was sad - i loved those different intros, and they've simply cut them from the game - most likely to save on development costs. And that's how i see the whole game. It looks like they had to release it asap, cutting back on many parts and even releasing it without the high-quality textures.
    It's not like i would be seriously bothered by a huge patch or something, but i expect a game to be released when it's finished, not when the developer knows that there is content missing.

TL;DR: Not gonna buy 'cause i don't like how Bioware released the game and how they cut back the imporant parts to increase profit - no profit from me that way. Actually hope the game won't sell well (unlikely, i know) so they rethink their development strategy.
    Neke <Resto|Ele> | Enalilia <Holy|Prot> @Blackhand-EU
    Enalilia <Merc> @Exar Kun

It's good, the gameplay is arguably better, but it feels more like a hack and slash game than the original so it's largely a matter of preference. However, in terms of storyline, it's just not as epic. Despite the one good twist at the end involving a certain sword (I won't say more) there wasn't much in terms of supernatural storyline. It's all politics and infighting instead of some ominous threat that affects a huge amount of people's lives. It's all about one city and the fate of its people, then its mages.

PS guys, anders is a dick, no matter what you do or how he acted in DA:O Awakening, he's a dick now, a crazy dick despite how many people are living in his head. I was fairly upset about his story.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    PS guys, anders is a dick, no matter what you do or how he acted in DA:O Awakening, he's a dick now, a crazy dick despite how many people are living in his head. I was fairly upset about his story.
    Agreed, was really dissapointed with him lol
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Deleted
    Game of the god-damn year, right here.

Combat rocks, plot rocks, pretty, amusing, fascinating characters, the story grabs you and doesn't let go, and 'All that Remains' (not giving spoilers) kept me on the edge of my seat, heart pounding, then almost mad with rage. Not often a game can get me like that.

If Bioware can keep up this sort of quality (and they seem to be going from strength to strength), ME3 should be hailed as the 2nd coming. Seriously.

Iv been playing it, not finished yet. dont think im even half way but.. so far its ok. not as good as Origins to me personly it dont suck me in as much.. it feels abit "fake" with all the just teleporting everywhere... i wanna walk across the lands and make my own way to the quest places. I will finish the game but i dont think i give it a 2nd play through for a while. got crysis 2 soon to take up all my time.